Pre Background on Di

Is This Magic?

Sang Hee stood by watching as Hyung Joon launched himself on Hyun Joong. On his impact, there was little reaction but the flutter of Hyun Joong's eyelids. Hyung Joon began to slide off as Hyun Joong turned in his sleep.

 

Jung Min smirked, and began his attack. He took advantage of Hyung Joon's stupidity to squish him, and Hyun Joong, too. From the pressure of the two, Hyun Joong still had no greater reaction.

 

It was when Kyu Jong decided to join in, that Hyun Joong suddenly woke up. His eyes popped open, and his head rose.

 

“Why can I not feel my legs?” Hyun Joong asked out loud.

 

“Jung Min, I think you can get off now.” Hyung Joon begged.

 

“Nah, this is fun. And quite comfortable. I'll just stay here,” Jung Min pressed down a little on Hyung Joon, and he groaned.

 

“On second thought, I liked you unconscious better.”

 

Jung Min replied by applying more pressure downwards.

 

There was a slight rapping on the door. Kyu Jong shuffled over, and he gasped as he saw Stephie's aunt. The one who looked so youthful just last night. Deep crevices were scattered all over her face, and the bags under her eyes drooped heavily. The luscious blond colour of her hair turned into a faded white, and it lost all its shine. She opened to speak, and Kyu Jong also saw the pearly whites that smiled at the creatures were yellow and rugged. Kyu Jong tried to hide his bewilderment.

 

“Who's there, Kyu--” Young Saeng stopped mid sentence. He tried to act casual, “Kyu-ieee?” He chuckled.

 

“Shut up, I can read by the expressions. No use trying to deny it. I'm an ugly old hag. Now do you want to die?”

 

Everyone shook their heads. Even Jung Min stopped his teasing of Hyung Joon; which was seldom.

 

“Good, Stephie says you're going to go against him.”

 

“Stephie isn't a guy, and we're not going against her!” Hyung Joon stated.

 

Di ignored him. Hyung Joon pouted.

 

“THE DARK ONE!” She screeched. “And how?”

 

“With the weapon, of course!” Hyung Joon beamed.

 

“And do you know what it is?”

 

Hyung Joon shook his head.

 

You are oblivious to the fact that you are amateurs going up against a power that even captured Fei, who is part of the First Generation and weaves magic more complex that you can ever imagine! I don't believe in prophecies and especially Fei's. How can you put so much confidence in the prophecy that you haven't even bothered to discover HOW you are going to destroy the evil!” She said all with one intake of breath.

 

There was no reply. They finally dawned on the fact that they knew so little.

 

Now I don't even know why I'm going to help you. It is not because I believe in the prophecy, but I see immense magical power within you. But I also desire to destroy the devil who corrupted my son into betraying me!” Now there was fury in Di's eyes, and the aura around her was dark.

 

Hyun Joong questioned, bracing himself, “Do you know of the weapon? Where and what it is?”

 

I learned it from my son before he crumbled.”

 

Jumg Min was losing patience. For he, too, was curious. He was edging closer and closer, trying to capture every detail.

 

He said of it as a ring.”

 

A ring with unyielding power?” Hyung Joon restated.

 

Young Saeng questioned,“Where can it be found?”

 

It is unknown. But I heard that Hai and Fo had found traces of the weapon.”

 

What happened to them?'

 

They were lost into the depths of death.”

 

Did they die because of the ring?” Hyun Joong asked. He mentally flashed back to the message Fei had sent him. Fei said 'it' was cursed.

 

Yes. It was directly related to the evil one. It seems that the curse is true. Afterwards, the evil one took their combined magics, and grew strong. Although, fortunately, both magics collided with each other, as Fire and Water did. It canceled out some of his gained power. But now he has captured Fei.”

 

How are we going to use the ring if we're to die upon contact?”

 

“You will have to risk your life for the greater good, then.” Di chuckled with a hint of malice in her voice.

 

Upon hearing the words of doom, all of them resolved, in their minds, to be the one to sacrifice.

 

“And now that your curiosities are cured for the moment, let's get started.”

 

“On what?”

 

“Training. You amateurs haven't seen anything yet.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg, guys. I'm super sorry. I have no excuse to not update for so long, and I know it. I was stuck, and I'm sorry if this isn't going anywhere. And that this chapter is super duper short. I made a poster, btw, hope it's good.... And.... Please comment and even criticism is allowed, just please comment!