Resaptitude and Strings

Is This Magic?

I'm sorry, I find my chapters are getting shorter and shorter each time... This is all I've got so far... Please enjoy, and comment!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Weee! This is kind of fun!” Hyung Joon spread his arms out, and started flapping his arms. The

invisible force was still pushing the five guys through the forest.

 

“We’ve went on Pai and Fei lines, so what is this line we’re travelling by?” asked Jung Min.

 

“Aren’t you the ingenious one? Can you not just scan and see what it is?” Di was surprised.

 

“I can do that?” Jung Min was confused.


Di chuckled wildly, “And you said Fei unleashed your powers?”

 

Hyung Joon guffawed. Jung Min’s face was flushed with embarrassment. The invisible force suddenly ceased pushing. Hyung Joon fell flat on his face. Jung Min took the chance to fall on top of him. Hyun Joong had fallen asleep. Kyu Jong and Young Saeng were still looking at the direction they had come from, longingly.

 

“These are Di lines. They run through forests throughout the world. This is my training range.” Di waved her hands, and the roots from the forest floor formed a shooting range.

 

“What are we supposed to do, shoot our magic?” Kyu Jong asked.

 

“First of all, I’m going to train your resaptitude,” Di waved her arms and blue geysers appeared on the floor.

 

“Resaptitude, huh. The ability to reset apps with attitude?” Hyung Joon asked.

 

“I’m thinking it’s the ability to resist,” Young Saeng corrected.

 

“From what? The other gender?” Jung Min laughed, “If that’s the case, Hyung Joon doesn’t have any.”

 

“It’s not like you’re any better, Jung Min!” Hyung Joon scowled.

 

“…Resist magic from being … stolen.” Hyun Joong snored.

 

“People can do that? I’ll just create a shield around everybody!” Kyu Jong beamed.

 

“SHUT UP!” Di clapped her hands and all their mouths closed magically. Hyun Joong awoke, but he could not yawn. He was struggling to pull his mouth open. He twisted his face and finally gave up.

 

“Now, the dark one can use his magic and up other strong magic. He takes advantage of diffusion and concentration gradients…”
 

“It’s science all over again…” Hyung Joon groaned.

 

“And so we start training now.” Di snapped her fingers, and the geysers started . It was like a high power vacuum was at their insides. Nothing was physically moving, though.

 

“How do we…” Kyu Jong was struggling, “resist against this!?”

 

Blue sparks were flowing out of everybody. Their auras were growing weaker. One by one, they collapsed onto the floor. Young Saeng tried to change the invisible force into something, anything. He tried summoning his magic, but all he could produce was a leaf from a grain of dust.

 

“Escut!” Jung Min yelled. “Escut, escut, escut!!!”  The shield wasn’t working.

 

Hyung Joon yelled at the top of his lungs. He had enough. If these vacuums wanted his magic, he was going to overwhelm it. He shot all his magic out of his fingertips. The magic swirled around his hands. A tingling sensation enveloped him. All eyes were on him. Hyung Joon was being levitated from the ground. Hyung Joon felt like he was being tickled. His magic that exited his body came back with twice as much force, sending a chill through his body.

 

The clapping of hands could be heard from behind Hyung Joon. Di snapped her fingers, and the force got stronger. The feeling was queer; it felt like they were underwater with immense pressure around them. Now the rest of the boys followed suit. Instead of trying to use their magic against the force, they simply pushed their magic out.

 

“If you push all your magic out, you are changing the concentration gradient, and the force cannot use that force against you. Now, you have to train until pushing your magic out to resist becomes a life function, and until you don’t have to consciously focus on pushing. Now, keep on training, it will probably take a mere twelve hours to build your resaptitude.”

 

“WHHHAATT???” Everybody moaned. Pushing magic out for twelve hours was probably going to be tiring.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What the… Why are we…” Mi Cha rubbed her eyes. Her body felt sore, but she could see no signs of any injuries on her. Her shirt was blood-soaked, but she couldn’t find the source. They were in Di’s house, on the floor.

 

“I just remember being captured by a tree…” Sang Hee stated. She paused. She blinked. In her vision, she saw string hanging off of everybody. Some were thick, some were thin. She hadn’t seen them there before. Mi Cha and Mi Kum were connected by a thick piece of string, “Watch out! Mi Cha, Mi Kum! You’re connected by some weird type of string that’s red, and… it goes through your heart!!!” Sang Hee panicked and went for the strings that she saw. Her hands went through them, and she couldn’t grasp them.

 

“What are you talking about Sang Hee? I don’t feel anything in my chest.” Mi Kum tapped her chest a few times to make sure.

 

“Stephie! You too! You have strings hanging out of your heart, and they… they’re pointing to the forest! Yours aren’t as thick, though!”

 

Stephie, also, touched her chest. Even she could not see the strings. “I think the magic is getting to your head, Sang Hee. These trees are so eerie. They reawaken magic and heal, but they do that so well. I think it’s just a side effect of being with the trees too long. You might just have traces of magic in you.”

 

Sang Hee looked down at her own chest. They, too, had strings hanging out of her chest. There was one, though, that was thicker than the rest. This time, she tried pulling it, and it worked. Nothing happened, though. That string was also leading to the forest.

----------------------------------------------------

 

Young Saeng felt a faint tug of his heart, like something was pulling its string. He couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. He was mastering his resaptitude. Maybe it was just a side effect.