Fire!

Is This Magic?

 

(This all happens after the forewords in the beginning so I don't spend too long on setting or whatnot)

 

“Hyun Joong! Pay attention. Stop daydreaming!” The menacing look of his teacher stared holes through him. Hyun Joong wasn't paying attention, though. His dream from last night still haunted his thoughts. Wasn't Hyun Joong supposed to forgot his dream within five minutes of consciousness? Everyone else did.

 

Kyu Jong took this opportunity to smack Hyun Joong on the head for payback when Hyun Joong beat him in soccer. The smack turned out a little more forceful than Kyu Jong thought it would.

 

BANG! Sounded through the hollow room. Like the sound of metal hitting wood. At full speed.

 

Hyun Joong's head hit against his desk, and he instantly snapped out of it.

 

“Both of you! After school, today, detention! Out of this class!” The teacher yelled. Kyu Jong trailed out of the room, dragging a barely conscious Hyun Joong with him.

 

“Whoa, sorry for that, man,” Kyu Jong lightly patted his shoulder.

 

Hyun Joong's shoulder popped out, “Ouch! My stupid shoulder popped out! Again!” Hyun Joong moaned. Kyu Jong's face was filled with fear. Why was he hurting Hyun Joong so bad?

 

“SORRY!” Kyu Jong was going to pat his other shoulder, but stopped in mid attempt. “Uh.. I'll take you to the nurse's office...” Kyu Jong tried to think of a way that had the least contact with Hyun Joong. He figured dragging him would probably fracture something. Maybe piggy backing him, but that would look weird. A lot more than weird in this world filled with double meanings of ual innuendos.

 

Dong Sang-Hee (Hahaha! Tried to translate my name into something.. There is no Sharon or something like that, so.. whatever =J...) appeared out of nowhere. She seemed distressed, although she stopped in her tracks when she saw Hyun Joong clutching his shoulder, and his bruise that formed on his head.

 

“Are you okay?” Sang-Hee asked. Sang-Hee dropped her books and looked at Hyun Joong. To Kyu Jong, she said, “How about I take him to the nurse's? Would you mind dropping these off at the library and ask for Mi-Cha? She'll know what to do. Thanks!” And with that, she piggybacked Hyun Joong to the nurse's office. She had a lot of strength for a small girl like her...

 

Kyu Jong watched her walk off with speed, not a speed she should be walking when carrying a hundred pound or more boy on her back. He chuckled. “I guess I have to take a visit to the library for the first time in...” Kyu Jong looked around, “never. Where is the library?” Kyu Jong stood around like an idiot for a few minutes, then walked off down the stairs. Whatever, he would find the library.

 

In the meantime, back in class, history was still passing by slowly. Jung Min, Hyung Joon, and Young Saeng were bored out of their minds.

 

Hyung Joon yawned, a brief cloud of mist formed from his mouth. Hyung Joon glanced around, hoping nobody had noticed. Nobody had, since they were all off in their own worlds.

 

Young Saeng held on the pen he had. He had skipped breakfast and was hungry. Right on cue, his stomach growled. Jung Min laughed. Young Saeng's pen fell on the ground, clanging on the floor. As he bent to pick it up, he saw a roll of sausage. He instantly picked it up off the floor (yes, very sanitary), and stuffed it in his mouth. He was too preoccupied to notice that his pen was not there anymore. So what? He had food in his stomach now.

 

Jung Min had really wished that the class was going to end. He had understood all the history, though he was half listening. He even understood the hieroglyphs. This class was so boring. “I wish he would stop talking,” Jung Min whispered to Hyung Joon.

 

Right then, a fire alarm sounded and woke everybody from their dazes. They all stood up, the sound of scraping chairs filled the room. The students stormed out of the room and assembled out on the lawn. The morning breeze was cool and the smell of pollen floated around. The three sat themselves on the grass.

 

A couple of raindrops started falling. Students started wailing, whining, and whooping.

 

“Aww, I don't want it to rain,” Hyung Joon moaned. In a second, the rain stopped.

 

A lot more whoops sounded. Hyung Joon guessed rain wasn't a favourite.

 

They sat their out on the grass for a while. They were unaware of the stares they were attracting. It seemed they were... GLOWING


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyun Joong had noticed the fire alarm go off, but he was still seeing ghosts and the mountains. He didn't notice that the room had actually started to steam. The nurse came in and shrieked, she quickly shouted, and the fire went out, the whole room seemed immune.

 

For the first time in his numerous visits, he finally saw the nurse's eyes took on a bright red hue.

 

“Did you get contacts?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“What?” the nurse turned around, jumped, as she became aware of Hyun Joong's presence, “You popped your shoulder, again?” She asked, “And no, it was the lighting.”

 

The nurse proceeded in popping back his shoulder, what Hyun Joong didn't notice was that through the window of the door, you could still see flames flaring fiercely through the hallways, threatening to take anything with it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kyu Jong was in the library. He found it when he finally gave up, and it appeared right before his eyes. He walked in, and found a pretty girl (though he wouldn't admit it) hunched over a pile of books.

 

“Sang-Hee, you're here. What took you so lo--,” As the girl, who Kyu Jong assumed was Mi-Cha turned around, she stopped.

 

“Why are you here? Who are you? Why do you have Sang-Hee's books? Do I know you?” Mi-Cha launched into a series of questions.

 

“I'm Kyu Jong, I'm here because Sang-Hee told me to. She took Hyun Joong to the nurse's office. You don't know me, and I don't know you,” Kyu Jong dropped the books he was holding in her pile, and she heard a few things crack.

 

“Oh,” when Mi-Cha heard the crack, she flinched. She dug through her pile and found her phone. The screen split in two, “Oh god, you ...” The fire alarm sounded, and Mi-Cha gathered her books fast. Kyu Jong was so afraid she was going to get hurt, the books looked heavy. He took the whole pile in his arms, and piggy-backed Mi-Cha outside.

 

hehe, sorry for the random names, I tried to make them sound Korean, but I guess maybe it didn't work. Please comment and tell me what you think, or if I should do a chapter focused solely on one person?? And anyways, tell me on the chapter length, and if it's good or not!