Lightning.

C ø n t e m p l a † i o n

 

I knocked on the door and waited patiently. Jiyong had lended me his jacket the other day, because I grew rather cold from the wind and breeze. He told me not to get it dirty or wet or else I’d die. I really hope my life didn’t end right here and now. It was raining tonight. I shivered as a huge gust of wind almost knocked me over. I checked my pocket to see if I had my phone, but I was in too much of a rush to Jiyong’s house to remember to bring it with me. My head lifted up in alarm as the door in front of me began to open. To my dismay, it wasn’t my step-brother. It was his father, and that deeply struck fear in me. My eyes widened and I couldn’t say a word. His face formed a frown. “What the hell are you doing here. HEY, ANSWER ME.” he yelled at me. I shakily proffered him Jiyong’s jacket. “U-um, h-here, i-it’s Jiyong’s...” He snatched it and his face turned red with anger. “How dare you steal from my family.” he growled. He used his free hand and slapped me with quite some power making me fall to the ground. I held my face and blood softly trickled down my cheeks. At least it didn’t hurt like the emotional pain I felt when I cut. I trembled at his burly figure as he stepped closer to me. “You and your mother were the worst people to walk into my life.” he began. “I don’t even know why Jiyong wastes his time with you, you worthless scum.” I looked down to the ground trying to hide shame and humiliation on my face. I really was worthless to Jiyong, I did nothing right. Footsteps were heard behind Jiyong’s father. “Hey dad, what’s u--” Jiyong’s jaw dropped when he saw me in front. I got up and brushed myself off with a smile. “O-Oh, hi opp--” His father gave me a threatening glare and I began to tense. “Annyeong, Jiyong-ssi! I came to give you your jacket back and then I fell onto the porch while I was going up the small flight of stairs. I really am clumsy!” I laughed nervously and bowed my head. “Your father is very nice, he was helping me up. I-I have to go now, a-annyeong!” I turned around and fled my heart beating so fast that it could pop out any second. It began to rain even more heavily, so I tried to run to the bus stop as fast as possible. I placed my own jacket over my head trying to cover myself from the rain. Not all of the street lights were working correctly, making half of the world seem as if it was coveted in darkness. I finally reached the bus stop all soaked and wet. I let out a small sneeze as I trembled from the dark and the cold. I waited and waited, but no bus came. I checked my watch. It was already 11:30 pm. I shook even more immensely because of how cold and spooky everything was. “I should’ve brought my phone, I’m too scared to walk home now. All the streets are like pitch black.” I said to myself trying to huddle in my seat still at the bus stop. My eyes widened when I heard a loud noise of lightning and thunder. I let out a small scream and hid my face in my legs. I touched my face and realized blood was still gushing out from the slap I received. I got onto my feet and began running. I didn’t know where I was going anymore, I just wanted to get away from the thunder.

I looked both ways trying to see where I was. Great, I was lost for sure. I screamed at the sight of more thunder and lightning. From the corner of my eye, I could see a  dark silhouette walking towards me. I tried to run away, but I could hear an increased foot pace behind me. Out of panic and angst, I tried to run faster, but I ended up tripping over myself. “Waee, I-I don’t have any money except for bus fare, please don’t hurt me!” I squeaked as the rain hit my face, causing me to wince as it hit my cut. Another rumble of thunder shook the city and I covered my ears and closed my eyes. It was too dark to see who it was, but the person came near enough for me to see his face. It wasn’t some murderer. It was Joon. He wrapped his arms around me and tried to comfort my trembling body. “Aish, you pabo, why would you think I’m a murderer.” he chuckled and picked me up bridal style. I let out a shaky breath of relief that it wasn’t a stranger, and weakly held onto Joon. He parted my hair out of my eyes, and carefully touched my injured cheek. “Aish, did Jiyong do that to you? We were so worried about you. Mir’s going to kill that man when he sees your cheek like this.” I shook my head. “It was his father.” I whispered.

Jiyong’s pov.

“Dad, what the hell did you do?” I asked as she left running. He shrugged. “I was just helping her up.” he replied. I shook my head and took off after her. What a liar. I ran into the rain and searched frantically for her. “YAHH, __ WHERE ARE YOU?” I screamed. I sighed when I saw her with Joon. He was holding her. “Yah!” I called out. Joon turned his head and saw me. I ran towards them. Joon glared at me and rolled his eyes when __ called me oppa. “Oppa...” she said quietly. “Aiiissshhh.” Joon complained. I chuckled and handed her a bandage. “Yah, go home. You’re gonna be sick. Let those losers take care of you.” I said bluntly. She sneezed and nodded. Joon nodded and left with her. I went home and slammed the door in anger. “How could you do that to her?!” I yelled at my father. “Do what?” he looked up from the book he was reading. “Stop giving me all this bs. Dad, I know you hurt her.” “And I thought you said you got over her.” I took the lamp nearest my right arm and flung it off its table. “Stop avoiding the question!” He towered over me and gave me stare that stabbed daggers through me. “She’s good as dead to me, just like her mother. Just get over her dammit. She’s dead to you too. You used to hate her.”
 
---
 
Hey guys! Update!!! :DDDD this was just an extra chapter, idk LOL. i hope you guys like it :3 anyways, comment and subscribe!! :DDD feedback/ requests also welcome hehehe ; u ;