Vocal Recording

To be loved

Practice Day 4

~Luhan~

“We have lots to do! We have vocal practice and we have to finish up the dance break today, because some people ditched for a date and others were falling down the stairs together yesterday.” Luhan yelled to the arguing group in front of him.

“I told you a million times! I fell because Kyu Oppa pulled me down!” Krystal whined.

“He’s Kyu Oppa now?” Minho mumbled.                                                                           

“Yeah keep saying that and we may believe you.” Seohyun said rolling her eyes.

“It’s true! At least I didn’t sneak off to a date and break into someone else’s computer.” Kyrstal retorted.

“At least someone likes me! And it’s not breaking in if you know the password.” Seohyun yelled back.

“STOP FIGHTING! Didn’t we go over this yesterday when you guys started yelling at each other? We even stopped practice so you guys could vent your feelings.” Yoona yelled. Luhan sighed. The only thing they got done yesterday was Kai, Yoona, and his dance break. The rest of the members were dating, arguing, or sulking. He was baffled when Minho, Seohyun, Krystal, and Kyuhyun came walking in arguing and yelling at each other. Krystal and Kyuhyun looked like they had fallen off a sky scraper. From what Luhan gathered from the yelling he found out that Seohyun and Minho were playing starcraft on Kyu’s computer when Krystal and Kyuhyun found them and started spying on them. Then Krystal and Kyuhyun fell down the stairs and landed in a very awkward position. Which left them unable to dance for the rest of the day with sprained ankles. Luhan tried to reason with them, but yesterday was mostly arguing.

“If they weren’t spying then this wouldn’t have happened.” Seohyun muttered.

“If you didn’t go on a date this wouldn’t have happened. We need practice if we are going to win.” Krystal said back.

“How about we just start off with vocal exercises.” Luhan said trying to calm them down. “Pair up and practice scales.”

“I choose Seo!” Minho shouted as he ran over to Seohyun, but tripped and almost fell on her.

“See! It is easy to trip and fall on someone!” Krystal shouted.

“We are not talking about his again.” Luhan hissed at Krystal as he inched his way toward Yoona. Just pick her Luhan! He scolded himself silently as he opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He believed they had come closer over sleeping in the company van over one night, but sometime he still didn’t know what to say. They night in the car was mostly sleeping and worrying if they were going to get into trouble, so  Luhan didn’t know if they had come any closer during that time. He still remembered watching her as she slept peacefully and wondering if he should say anything when she woke up. Luckily or unluckily for him Victoria interrupted them.

“Since it is rumored that Yoona is having my child I shall be paired with her.” Kai announced before he could utter a single word.

“Yah! For the last time I am not having your child!” Yoona shouted and stepped on his foot. Kai hopped up and down grimacing in pain as everyone else laughed.

“You are just a rapper. She should be with someone with better vocals.” Luhan said. Like me.

“She is a rapper too! Shouldn’t a rapper teach a rapper?” Kai shot back.

“But I looked over her part and she will need to be hitting some high notes.” Luhan retorted.

“So it’s settled I will be with Yoona.” Kyuhyun in a monotone voice. “Let’s go over there. We don’t want the others to mess up our angelic voices.”

“But…” Kai sputtered as Kyuhyun pulled Yoona over to a corner. Luhan had no problem with Yoona being with Kyuhyun. He could tell Kyuhyun liked someone else. He just wasn’t sure who ‘someone’ else was yet.

“Okay.” Luhan agreed. “So Kai, Krystal, and me?”

“Whatever. As long as we finish the dance routine and some of vocal recording today.” Krystal muttered. They got into their groups and room was filled with up and down notes. Luhan peeked around the room and saw Seohyun trying broaden Minho’s range and saw Yoona and Kyuhyun talking.

“No talking! Practice scales.” He shouted to the group. Stop talking to MY Yoona is what he really wanted to say.

“Yes sir!” Kyuhyun said with a cheeky salute. “Dam Yoona you turned him into a general!”

“I think he’s become a good leader.” Krystal retorted.

“So you don’t think I would be a good leader?” Kyuhyun said.

“A good leader wouldn’t pull down his teammates when he’s falling.” Krystal scoffed.

“SHUT UP! WE ARE DOING SCALES.” Seohyun shouted. “Didn’t you say you wanted to win really bad Kyrstal? Well practice then.” 

“Krystal.” Luhan warned her. Krystal narrowed her eyes at Seohyun, but said nothing and soon the room was filled with singing again.

“Let’s go to the recording studio right now.” Krystal said after a couple of minutes. They all agreed and started walking to the studio.

“I will start recording first and then Yoona. While we are recording Kai will teach you guys the dance outside. When Kai thinks you have it down you may record.” Luhan announced.

“Good idea.” Yoona said smiling up at him. Luhan looked into her deer shaped eyes. His heart rate sped up and his palms got sweaty.

“Why do I have to teach them alone? Couldn’t Yoona help me?” Kai grumbled.

“The recording room is separated by a piece of glass from the place that you will be practicing. I’m sure you can survive for five minutes without Yoona. She will just be like five minutes away and you can watch her like a pedo stalker the whole time.” Krystal reprimanded as she grabbed Kai’s ear and dragged him toward the studio.

“Krystal!” Kai whined as everyone else just laughed and walked to the studio.

Kai could handle those five minutes without Yoona, but Luhan wasn’t sure he could.

~Krystal~

She officially hated Seohyun. The girl had the nerve to yell at her and call her a for falling on Kyuhyun. She thought Seohyun was some innocent quiet girl, but was easily fooled by what she saw on variety shows. She glanced at the girl with the straight posture and hair neatly in a bun and almost growled. She still remembered the stinging words that were probably branded into her heart. After fighting Kyrstal tried to be the bigger person and put it behind them for the team, but Seohyun wouldn’t let it go. Krystal had to admit a small flutter of emotion passed through her as she fell on him. What was it? Happiness? No. She passed it off as adrenaline from falling. Krystal pushed aside all other feelings, because all that was important right now was winning.

Krystal bit her lip as she was determined to finish the last couple of moves of the dance. She got the beginning down, but was having problems with the ending. Kai started the music again as she attempted a spin move toward Minho which lead into a complicated tutting section finished with a series of fast moves that finished in Minho’s arms. Krystal thought the problems came from the speed of the dance, but more importantly the chemistry between her and Minho. Everytime she was about to do the last move Minho would look at Seohyun and she would fall down. Kyuhyun and Seohyun were having not as much trouble with the dance, and she and Minho were supposed to be the more advanced dancers!

“Yah! She won’t kill you if you just finish this dance.” She hissed into Minho’s ear as she spun into him landing a very carefully placed elbow into his ribcage.

“Ummphh.” Minho groaned as he staggered back with his arm over his stomach. Opps she must have aimed too low.

“Minho! Act like a man! I thought you were a decent dancer. Come on our goal will be to finish this dance before Luhan and Yoona fix that microphone problem that is preventing us from recording.” Kai complained as he stopped the music.

“Sorry. Just start the music again.” Minho muttered. Krystal was surprised she expected to be blamed and punished. She looked at him question as he just nodded and the music started up again. They practiced several times and mostly failed as the recording light flashed over the doorways that lead to the recording studio.

“Luhan must have just started recording. I guess they fixed the microphone problem they have been having for the last hour.” Minho mussed.

“Thanks for that information.” Krystal said rolling her eyes.

“Shut up.” Minho said back.

“At least I don’t go on stupid dates, ditch practice, and hack into someone else’s computer!” She yelled back.

“The date wasn’t stupid!” He gasped.

“Uh a computer date? Yeah really romantic.” She hissed as Kai came over ready to flick them.

“Both of you shut up.” Kai said. “Dam! How does Luhan handle you guys?”

They grumbled and got back into positions and Kai started the music again. She spun in a neat twist and then started the fast movements in sync with Minho.

“Yah you guys messed up. Up and then down! Not down then up!” Kai yelled at Seohyun and Kyuhyun.

“Why do you yell at us and not that ?” Seohyun retorted back. She said what again? Krystal was about to roll up her sleeves and walk over, but Kyuhyun flicked Seohyun on the head.

“For the last time! She is not a ! Don’t just judge her like that.” Kyuhyun yelled at Seohyun whose eyes widened in suprise. She looked at Seohyun who was now fuming and glaring at her.

“Don’t yell and flick my girlfriend.” Minho yelled at Kai and Kyuhyun.

“Too bad. If they got the moves right I wouldn’t need to yell and if she was more polite Kyu wouldn’t need to flick her.” Kai retorted as he started the music again. They started the fast paced movements and as they got to the end she was about to land into Minho’s arms, but she felt the floor instead.

“You are supposed to catch her Minho.” Kai reprimanded as he flicked Minho in the head and then helped her up.

“Just go and be with Seohyun if you really didn’t want to dance with me!” Krystal shouted. She was not going to end up on the floor again! She rubbed her sore back and shot an angry glance at the childish boy in front of her.

“Really?” Minho said grinning. What the heck? Did he really hate her that much?

“NO!” Kai shouted. “If I was paired up with someone like Krystal I would be trying to impress her! Not drop her on the floor.”

“But I feel guilty every time I hold her like that.” Minho muttered.

“Kyuhyun doesn’t seem to have a problem.” Kai snapped back as Minho turned around and glared at Kyuhyun.

“Stop holding my girlfriend like that!” Minho hissed at Kyuhyun.

“I’m not holding her like that because I like her like that. I would gladly switch her for Krystal. I just am trying hard to win. I guess someone forgot this was a competition.” Kyuhyun sneered.

“Didn’t you just want to play StarCraft? You probably didn’t even want to win!” Minho said.

“I didn’t, but someone persuaded me that winning and letting go of things that I shouldn’t be a part of are important.” Kyuhyun said smiling at Krystal. She blushed and tried to control her emotions as she felt her heartbeat quicken. Was her small pep talk that persuasive?

“That doesn’t even make sense! What does letting go of something you shouldn’t be a part of important and what does it have to do with winning?” Minho said taking a step toward Kyuhyun.

“Everything.” Kyuhyun said carefully as he walked over to the recording room. “Since I have the dance down I think I’ll ask Luhan if I can record after him.”

~Minho~

Minho glared angrily at Kyuhyun’s retreating figure. Minho was supposed to be some charismatic noona killer, but was so confuse and unsure about everything. The only other time he felt like this was when he like Yuri, but that was ages ago. Even with his limited knowledge he knew a StarCraft thing wasn’t a normal date. He wondered why Seohyun would want to do that and then he remembered who the king of StarCraft was.

He knew a good boyfriend would believe his girlfriend and trust her not to cheat so he pushes his worries and doubts to the back of his mind. He focused on his happiness of just being with Seohyun. Her matureness and wittiness made him laugh. He couldn’t get his mind off of her.

“I guess we are done. We should still go over it every day until the concert.” Kai said.

“Why is dancing the only thing you are serious about Kai?” Krystal teased as they walked into the recording room and watched Kyuhyun start his lines. He watched Kyuhyun and tried to decipher his thoughts. Did he still love Seohyun or was he into someone else? He tried to be observant, but only saw a smirking boy singing behind the glass.

Minho grimaced as everyone watched in awe as Kyuhyun started singing with his angelic voice. He easily sang all of his parts in one or two tries and confidently walked out of the recording room.

“Good job!” All the girls yelled.

“It’s easy to have a prefect voice when you are an angel.” Kyuhyun said as he sat down on the bench and watched Yoona walk into the recording booth. Self-conceited jerk.  Minho wished he could be as confident and stop tripping, spilling, or saying stupidity things. Compared to Kyuhyun he still looked like a little boy.

“Wish me luck!” Yoona said as she closed the door behind her.

“GOOD LUCK!” Kai and Luhan yelled. Yoona adjusted the microphone and took a shaky breath as she started singing.

“0 and 1 were used to create a digit for my personality. In this life there’s different languages, feelings, there is no warmth just trash. There’s wilderness of a self-desolated one.” Yoona shakily sang into the microphone. Minho was off tune and off rhythm a lot, but it was nothing compare to this. Minho saw everyone flinch as Yoona just looked down sadly.

“We should go help her.” Luhan muttered as he walked through the door.

“Why is this song so hard?” She mumbled as she saw them walk in. “No guys it’s okay! I’ll get it next time!”

“It’s because you’re not singing it right. You have to put your emotion and feelings into the song.” Kyuhyun said from behind Minho.

“What do you know? You aren’t a rapper.” Minho shot back.

“No, but I’m an excellent singer.” Kyuhyun said effortlessly as he motioned everyone to the back of the room. “Now try the line again.” Yoona sang it again, but just as off tune and lifeless as before. Minho was about to make a suggestion when Kyuhyun stopped him. He was about to make a quick retort back when Seohyun grabbed his hand and smiled. He saw Kyuhyun just roll his eyes and turn back to Yoona.

“Try lowering your voice!” Kai shouted from the back.

“Shhhh!” Kyuhyun said as he turned back to Yoona. “Put all your emotion into the song. Put all your angry feelings and hurt into it. Remember this is a song about how messed up humans are.”

“She can’t sing furiously she’s cheerful perfect Yoona.” He heard Seohyun say from next to him.

“You’re more perfect.” He whispered into her ear and saw her blush and smacked him lightly.

“Some emotions are better left unseen.” Luhan said glancing at Yoona worriedly. Minho sighed as he sat down on the floor next to Seohyun. He knew this would take a while.

“No. I need to do this well. I need to prove I can sing.” Yoona said pouting.

“Close your eyes and feel all the antis and pressure this job gives.” Kyuhyun advised. “Just let your emotions flow. If you mess up just keep going. Sing your part over and over until you get it.”

“I don’t think that is a good idea.” Luhan said nervously from the back.

“Just let her do it.” Seohyun said squinting her eyes and watching closely. Minho tried talking to her, but was brushed off. He wondered what Seohyun was looking for.

“Feel.” Kyuhyun whispered as he placed an arm on Yoona’s shoulder as Yoona took a breath and started singing. They got quiet as Yoona started off nervously and stuttered a lot, but didn’t stop as Kyuhyun nodded encouraging. Then they saw her building up emotion as she started at her part again and she let out a deep breath. She breathed out the first word with emotion that could have brought them to tears. It was like she was putting all of her insecurities and emotions out for them to listen to. They all almost fell back at the emotion and passion that burned in her words as she sang. Luhan started to walk forward, but Kyuhyun nudged him back. Minho saw her eyes get unfocused and her pupils dilate her words spilled out like each word was giving her relief. They all started getting worried as Yoona sang it again as tears started streaming down her face. She started rubbing her arms a lot, but never got off tune. Kyuhyun glared at all of them as if to keep them back.  

As Yoona finished she let out the last word and seemed stuck in that position for the longest time until Kyuhyun poked her softly and she looked up confused. She blinked a couple of times before letting out a scream of happiness and jumped and hugged Kyuhyun.

“I just sang and nobody flinched or reprimanded me for my voice! Wow I am really hungry now. We should go eat. Can we go eat? Wow it’s cold in here.” She blurted out hugging Kyuhyun. Minho stared at Kyuhyun with jealousy. Everything Kyuhyun did was perfect. He was a good gamer, singer, and teacher.  

“That’s because I thought you were getting possessed or dying.” Kai whispered.

“Don’t listen to Kai. You did great!” Luhan cheered as he walked over slowly watching Yoona critically.

“Err… good job Unni.” Seohyun said awkwardly.

“Whoa.” Krystal mumbled as she stared at Yoona.

“Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I will totally give you ice cream later!” Yoona cheered as she hugged Kyuhyun again.

“That’s enough hugging now.” Kai said as he detached Yoona form Kyuhyun.

“Way too much hugging.” Seohyun mumbled. He hugged Seohyun lightly and Seohyun smiled and looked at him.

“You all owe us hugs.” Kai said pouting at Yoona.

“Nope. Kyuhyun helped me so he gets a hug. Someone else can record now! I’m going with Kyuhyun to get ice cream as thanks for helping me.” Yoona said grabbing Kyuhyun’s hand and dragging him outside.

“Wait we have to finish recording!” Luhan yelled after them.

“It’s okay! We are already done! We will just get ice cream and bring back food for dinner.” Yoona yelled back as they were already down the hall.

“Just let her go. They are both already done recording.” Krystal said as Luhan and Kai were walking forward to grab Yoona back.

“You know she is cranky when she doesn’t eat.” Minho mumbled again. Minho passed off Yoona’s weirdness today as hunger.

“Did that just happen?” Krystal asked.

“Did she just get that emotional?” Kai said.

“She’s probably just been overworked.” Luhan said hastily.

“She’s probably on her period and PMSing. Don’t worry about it. My turn.” Seohyun said sharply as she walked toward the microphone.

“Oh yeah true, true...” Kai and Krystal muttered.

Minho wasn’t the most observant but even he could see all of them clenching their hands and grinding their teeth angrily. He was suprised by that, but was more suprised when he saw who looked the angriest. His girlfriend.

Autors Note: THX FOR READING! Anyway this is form Luhan Krystal and Minhos POV. You can see that even though they spent a night togehter Luhan is still not super close with Yoona, but now understands her better and wants to protect her (when she was going to sing and he wanted to stop her) Krystal is still bent on winning, but seems to have developed tiny feelings for Kyuhyun and always aruges with Minho (which i think is super cute) Minho is still oblivouse and a little kid, but seems to mature and try and look into others feelings this ch. (He is still oblivious why they are all angry that Kyu and Yoona ran off, but at least can see they are angry.) He likes Seo so much he cant see how shes using him. I added some KyuNa too this ch :). And Yoona's emotions when she was singing. She just let everything out of her like Kyu said, but none of them (xcept Luhan) knew she was holding that much in, but luckly Luhan and Seohyun passed it off so the others wouldnt think to much into it. SUBSCrIBE AND CoMmENT