Wounds of the Heart

To be loved

Inspired by the song Love in the Ice

By: DBSK

(This song was inspired by the DBSK song Love in the Ice. Listen to the song while writing it really gave me more inspiration to write. I know I have not updated in forever but hopefully I will more now. I was decideing if I should continue writing as rereading this story I realized I have many flaws, but this song made me feel like I had to finish at lest this chapter. Feedback is greatly appreciated! Tell me what you think and please SUBSCRIBE) 

Yoona

“It’s not your fault those hands are cold, clinging onto wounds of the past.”

Her eyes tried to adjust to the lights flashing overhead and she winced as she felt something warm slide down her arm. Mind still foggy she tried to move, but realized she was in someone’s arms and a thick jacket covering half her face. Her muscles felt like they were pulling her down as she stared hazily upward. Senses slowly started coming back, but Yoona realized she would rather return to the painless nothing she previously felt. She closed her eyes and let darkness engulf her once more.

“We can make it. We can do it. Almost there.” Yoona tilted her head sideways slightly to the muttering coming from her right. It was so warm and calm she wished the sounds and lights would go away. She clenched her eyes tighter again as she kept her mind blank.

“She is losing too much blood. Her hands are getting cold.” A deeper voice above her growled in frustration. Yoona knitted her brows with her eyes still closed. She found that despite trying to return to the dark abyss she was previously in, her body kept gaining feeling. Pain prickled in her finger tips like ice running through her blood. Go away she wanted to scream as she remained motionless.

“Okay we are here. I’ll buckler her in.” The higher shriller voice whispered as she was thrown onto something hard. Pain stabbed through her arm as it brushed against something. “No one saw us right?”

“I think we can make it!” The other voice rambled as an engine started up as she felt pressure applied onto her left arm that seemed to be numb. She felt cold air touch her skin as her jacket and shirt was pulled back. The cold wet stuff was pushed away from her arm. “Just keep holding the area with the most blood.”

“Minho.” A tiny voice trailed off as suddenly the pressure dissapeared.

“What? I hope she is okay. Did she fall? Why is there so much blood? Where do we go? Call Luhan. Call Seohyun.” The manly voice rambled onward. Yoona felt as if she was slowly floating away. Take me away and let me leave here she wished silently. She felt something brushing away at her skin as she felt as if tiny snowflakes were falling on her arm and stomach.

“Minho look-“the high pitched voice was cut short.

“MOVE! These cars are so slow. What hospital should we go to? We can make it. Krystal its okay just keep applying pressure. That ditzy girl must have slipped. The bathroom is slippery. Why can’t these cars move faster?”

“Minho look at her arm!” The tiny soft voice grew louder. Yoona felt tingles down her arm as she tried to tune the voices out of her head. Suddenly the room got colder as she felt goose bumps rising on her body.

“I see the blood all over her arm already Krystal I’m driving as fast as I can. Call Luhan and tell him to meet us at the hospital. Cover your face I see photographers” Minho yelled as he threw sunglasses to the back of the car toward Krystal.

“No Minho. LOOK.” Krystal yelled.

“I’m driving Krystal!” came the short sharp retort.

“LOOK AT YOONA!” Krystal was practically screeching as Yoona felt tiny prickles run through her skin.

“AT WHAT??” Minho screeched the car to a stop. Yoona felt immense pain running through her arm now and she continued to pray that she could return to the darkness.  

“Scars!”

“Yeah I know she just got cut!” She opened her eyes a sliver and saw the person in the divers seat turn around. A gasp was heard.

“Why there are there so many scars on Yoona Unnies body?” Krystal cried out pointing to Yoona’s shirtless body with scars running in shapeless swirls around her naval and arms.

Yoona’s eyes flew open as warmth and pain flooded her body and mind.

 

 

Luhan 

“Afraid to love someone. Turning your back on the true meaning of the story.”

Beep. Beep. Beep. The monotonous sound was the only thing he could hear as he looked down at his phone even with all the noise streaming constantly around them. His eyes frantically read the text too fast for him to comprehend. All he saw were shapes and blocks until he calmed himself down enough to look over it again slowly.

“They found her!” He jumped up from the table of idols with their faces down and minds confused.

“Where is she? Where are they?” Voices around him stammered as he quickly dialed the number that just texted him ignoring everything around him. He felt relief run through the room. Thank God. Thank you for keeping Yoona safe he whispered his phone rang.

The phone was picked up after the first ring as sighs of relief were exchanged. He wasn’t even able to get a word out when all he heard was yelling.

“Let me go! I’m fine. Let go of me!!” was all he heard along with muffled sounds. His stomach dropped once more. His eyes widened with terror. He knew that voice. He would always know Yoona’s voice, but he never heard her sound like this. She sounded cornered, scared, and her breating was erratic.

“Yoona? Minho? Are you okay?” He shouted into the phone. Hands grabbed at him begging for answers. He looked into the curious eyes of Kai, the fearful eyes of Kyuhyun, and the wide tear filled eyes of Seohyun as his heart raced.

“Luhan, Yoona won’t go.” Krystal stammered.

“Won’t go where?” He yelled back as he could hear fear in Krystal’s voice.

“Won’t ing go to the hospital! Damn it sit back down before you kill yourself!” He heard Minho roar along with the sound of more shuffling.

“Hyung put it on speaker phone!” Kai said pulling the phone from his grasp. “Yoona is okay right? Let us talk to her!”

“Please Unnie!” He heard Krystal shout.

“Wait why would Yoona need to go to the hospital?” Kyuhyun shouted into the phone his eyes wild. Luhan glanced at Seohyun whose eyes then hardened and clenched her hands. Kai not comprehending glanced around the room.

“I’m fine. Tell them I am fine! I can go home now as soon as you let me go. Nothing is wrong with me! I’m perfectly fine!!” He heard Yoona cry out in incoherent sentences.

“Unnie you need to go to the hospital and get your arm checked. Stop trying to take off your seatbelt and give me your arm so I can apply pressure on your wound!” Krystal shouted. “Minho keep driving to the hospital!”

“Don’t.” He heard Seohyun mutter. They all turned and stared at her. Luhan wanted to scream at her. If Yoona was hurt shouldn’t she go to the hospital? What was Seohyun’s motive? “Don’t” she muttered again.

“Seohyun, Yoona needs medical attention!” Krystal screamed through the phone. “The blood. So much blood.”

“Bring Yoona to the back of the Girls Generation dorm. Do not take her anywhere near the hospital. Jung Soojung you listen to me.” Seohyun hissed into the phone tears still in her eyes.

“Seohyun.” Luhan mumbled as he stared at her not knowing what to do. He started to panic as everyone looked in his direction.

“The paparazzi do not need to know about this, nor does the company. I can take care of Yoona.” Seohyun said with a steely gaze. “Yoona just slipped and cut her arm. She does not need any misunderstandings.”

“Seohyun, you know that Yoona...” Luhan started until Kai cut him off.

“Wait Yoona is bleeding? Noona are you okay?” Kai yelled into the phone. Seohyun grabbed the phone away from him and tightened her grip on it.

“Yes! Take me back to the dorm! Leave me alone. Don’t touch me!” He heard Yoona yell out.

“Luhan she needs to go to the hospital. It doesn’t matter about who finds out; she needs to have a doctor look at her.” Pleaded Minho as Kyuhyun stared blankly down at the phone. He shifted his eyes and saw Seohyun glaring at him tapping her foot impatiently. Images of Yoona’s scared arm formed in his mind and he felt fear run through him.

“Unnie it’s because we love you we want to take you to the hospital. We don’t care if we don’t win this stupid competition anymore. Please go to the hospital!” He heard Krystal begging. Luhan’s mind became jumbled. What would a good leader do? How would Taeyeon handle this? Could he protect Yoona? Could he help her?

“Make a decision leader.” Seohyun said staring down at the phone. He glanced to Kai and Kyuhyun for answers, but all he got was a confused look and eyes full of guilt. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He thought about their competition, the scandals, Yoona’s mental and physical state, and Seohyun.

“Yoona you know we all want you to be safe.” He mumbled out before he heard the phone being grabbed away along with more struggling.

“Luhan if you love me let me go home.” He heard Yoona sniff out as the phone went dead. With his head down he ignored Kai and Kyuhyuns pleading to send Yoona to the hospital and opened his hand for Seohyun to pass the phone. Luhan decided he would make his decision with his trust for Seohyun and love for Yoona.

 

 

Seohyun

“The heart that is hugged slowly melts like ice”

Seohyun knew that no matter what she did she would always feel guilt ridden looking at the girl she once hated. The fragile mindless girl who smiled all the time was like a beautiful piece of china that she had threw upon the ground. She shattered something that she should have treasured. She opened her arms as a girl who thought of her as an older sister flung herself into them crying. Seohyun did not notice the blood, nor did she care about the curious looks passed her way by her group members as they exited the cars. Clueless Kai walked over to Yoona only to back away as Seohyun glared at him. She looked at him like a naive child. Seohyun stared down into Kyuhyun’s equally angry eyes until he looked away. She looked at him with accusation. She met Krystal’s confused eyes and slowly she softened her expression. Poor confused Krystal. She would always be thankful that this girl who challenged her to be better and saved her best friend. She put a finger up to her lips in a shh motion as Yoona continued to cry into her arms. Seohyun knew she would have to tell Krystal everything later to keep her quiet about Yoona’s…abnormal pastimes. Seohyun refused to meet Minho’s eyes and continued to hold Yoona in the darkness of the night. She glanced back up and tried to meet Luhan’s eyes to gauge his reaction, but Luhan woud not spare her a glance. His eyes were stuck in a trace at the girl in her arms. Seohyun felt a flash of envy run through her, but it was gone as soon as it came. Gratefulness ran through her as she knew she had cried enough today. She looked down with a warm smile and slowly stood up.

“Let’s get you cleaned up Unnie and you will feel better.” She said pulling the girl gently upward. Two cars were parked in the darkness with seven idols huddling around in the cold. Trying to thaw Yoona’s cold fingers without touching the blood she wrapped her arms around her again.

 

A flash went off behind the bushes.

None of the seven realized it as different emotions ran through them. Tension and the cold bitter wind of the night ran over their frozen and warped cold hearts. They all had one similar feeling. All of them yearned to just be loved that bleak night.

 

Click. The shutter of a camera in the darkness went off again.