Empty hearts

To be loved

~Yoona~

“Seo is just annoyed don’t worry about it. Anyway Minho will calm her down.” She said trying to placate the rushing emotions. Yoona didn’t like emotions. They made her do that really bad unspeakable thing she swore she never would do even though she knew she would. Again. And again. She told Seohyun she didn’t do it anymore, but she knew once she got back to the dorm she probably wouldn’t stop. With all the stress of a new sub unit and possible more antis she would need to releases those emotions.  

“We can plan the rest and try to get her to come to dance practice later.” Luhan said. Yoona really didn’t know why Luhan was the leader. She trusted him and would take his advice, but he was such an introvert! Yoona liked introverts, but she didn’t think they were good leaders. Maybe this will help him become more outgoing! She thought and smiled. Then she realized they needed a calm perceptive introvert as a leader. They were a group of outgoing, weird, faceless, or misjudged idols. They needed someone like him to calm all their strange personalities.  

“She is such a control freak.” Krystal said.
“You are too!” Kai laughed.

“Yeah, but she’s a biased control freak.” Krystal remarked. “Practically everyone in SNSD and f(x) knows she likes….”

“Krystal! Shh!” Yoona stopped Krystal. As much as Seohyun sometimes annoyed her they were best friends. Seo was the only one who knew about her problem and she trusted.

“Who does Seohyun like???” Kai asked with a excited tone.

“Not you. That’s for sure. Let’s get back to what we were doing. When do we have to perform by?” Yoona asked trying to direct the attention away from her best friends crush.

“Uhhh… Did he give a set date??.. Did he say anything???..” Kai and Krystal muttered trying to remember what Lee Sooman said.

“The next concert.” Luhan said quietly.

“Whens that?” Krystal asked.

“Two weeks.” Luhan said.

“We have two weeks to learn the dance steps to Mama, decide our concept, spit the lines, and pick outfits?” Krystal frowned. Krystal must really want this Yoona thought. She had never seen Krystal so determined. She knew Krystal was stubborn, but never seen throw herself so fully into something. Yoona decided she liked Krystal.

“Yup.” Luhan nodded.

“Who are the main and lead singer and dancer?” Krystal asked getting down to business. Yoona opened to volunteer to be a main dancer, because she knew a lot of fans were not fans of her singing.

 “Obviously I am the main dancer.” Kai said nodding to himself. Pshhh Kai was so full of himself. Yoona thought. A self-centered jerk that made her laugh.

“What about me? I’m a good dancer!” She said sticking her tongue out at him.

“Not as good as me.” He said with a serious tone.

“You guys can both be the main dancers.” Krystal said writing it down on a notebook that popped out of nowhere.

“Where did you get that? Are you magical unicorn like Lay?” She giggled. Just act like a giggly happy choding and later when you get back to the dorm you can release your frustration by doing that unspeakable thing she thought. The reporters are going to have a field day when they hear Kai and I are in the same group. I will be called a pregnant all over again.

“Kyu and Seo. Main singers right?” Krystal asked brushing off her remark. “Luhan and I will be the lead singers.”

“So you, Luhan, and Minho can be me and Yoona’s backup background dancers.” Kai said with a cocky tone.

“Lead dancers.” Yoona corrected him.

“Minho can be the main rapper and Yoona and Kai can be the lead rappers.” Luhan suggested. “We still need to figure out the leader and face of the group.”

“You are the leader.” Yoona answered. She kept on repeating that Luhan was leader like six times already in the conversation. Luhan needs more confidence Yoona thought. He would be a good leader if he just gained confidence.

“We already established I’m not a good leader Yoona.” He mumbled. “Let Seohyun be the leader if she wants, or Krystal. They both have leadership qualities that I will never have.” 

“You just need confidence! You can be a good leader. Your kind, patient, and smart Luhan. You need to believe you can do it and it will come to you.” Yoona said with narrowed eyes. She really did believe Luhan would be a good leader.

“Yoona, but I….”

“No buts. You will help us and we will win this competition and then show how great the world we can all be! Did you notice that most of the people in our group have the most antis? We can do something about it and show the fans we are not what they see us as. That we are people with feelings! That I am not a that all guys just like, Kai is not a attention freak who always stands in the middle, Seohyun is not as uptight as everyone thinks, that Krystal is someone other than Jessica’s sister, that Minho is not some flaming charismatic playboy, that Kyuhyun is not just some evil prankster, and you are not some quiet Chinese baby faced boy! You can be a leader. So lead us.” Yoona did not notice she was ranting and not being the always cheerful bubbly Im Yoona. She sat back down breathing hard wondering why she just said all of that. . She peeked at Krystal who had open, Kai who raised his eyebrow at her, and Luhan who closed his eyes and finally spoke.

“I guess I have to be a leader then.” He murmured looking at Yoona in awe.

“I do think you would be a good leader Luhan. Now that I think about it Yoona is right. We are a group of people who are misjudged, hated, and identity less. You are someone who will be patient and kind and help us through this.” Krystal said in a matter of fact tone.

“I didn’t know you thought that way.” Kai said to Yoona.

“I just… I just think he would be a good leader.” Yoona said.

“Okay….” Kai answered in an unconvinced tone.

“Let’s just start dance practice at four then. If Victoria’s group is done we can practice and finish our concept. We should all go get a shower and meet up later.” Yoona said changing the topic. “Some of us need a shower.” She said looking at Kai and Luhan.

“What I don’t…!” Kai started, but was intruded by Krystal.

“Sure.” Krystal answered and walked out jotting stuff down on her notebook.

“Got to go!” She excussed herself and smiled and rush walked away. What did she just do! She showed how insecure she actually was. She ranted about how many haters they had! She was supposed to be the carefree Im Yoona! Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. She thought as she rushed back to the dorm. Luckily none of the members were there so she grabbed a knife from the kitchen and went to the bathroom and locked the door. Sorry Seohyun, she thought as she put slight pressure on her arm. As she saw the red crimson blood start to bead around the sharp metal she let out a sigh. She used her finger and swirled the blood around her arm. The colors of her white skin and dark blood contrasted beautifully. She applied more pressure and a small stream began to flow. As the pain in her arm increased the pain inside dulled. It let her focus on the pain outside rather than all the pain she was holding in. She sighed again as the white tiles under her feet began to stain with red.

~Kai~

“We should really take a shower.” Luhan laughed as Yoona sped walked away. “We do smell.” Kai watched Yoona as she ran around the corner. Did Yoona just have an outburst? An angry outburst? Kai didn’t want to look into it deeper. All he knew is that Yoona was one interesting girl.

“Yeah.” He answered and then walked with Luhan to their dorm. “Wait I left something in the dance practice room. I’ll meet you later at four.”

“Okay.” Luhan said walking away. Luhan was really spacy today Kai noticed. Usually Luhan was very observant and could spot a lie, but all Luhan did was walk away. Kai was lying. He didn’t forget anything in the practice room. He just needed to go back there. He had to practice Mama again if they were going to perform it soon. He started dancing and letting his mind wander. His group. His strange, dysfunctional, but somehow perfect group. He could see the potential. Yoona was a good dancer. A good partner. Not as good of a partner as well….her… but a decent one. The rest were amazing at something else. He had to get the dance moves perfect. He was after all the main dancer

He knew Seohyun and Kyuhyun would sing amazing and the rest would be great too, but he knew he had to beat everyone at dancing. Dancing was his thing. He practiced the motions to Mama again and again until his body ached. Now I really need a shower he thought. When he reached the dorm he saw most of the other members taking about the new sub groups.

“I don’t know if Tao, Kris, Kai and you are blessed or cursed.” Sehun said shaking his head.

“I think it’s good because we will be more dynamic in new groups and will be able to get better at different things.” Luhan answered back.

“I’m just happy I get to be in a group with Yoona.” Kai said as they all turned around and welcomed him in.

“Psh do you really like her or is she another replacement and toy?” Kris asked with narrowed eyes.

“Let’s just say I’m glad we have sub groups now.” Kai said with a sneaky smile. Everyone rolled their eyes and started talking about how messed up their new schedules would be.

“You guys took the practice room from us!” Luhan accused Kris.

“We didn’t take it! You guys practically gave it to us.” Kris said.

“Well at four were using it.” Luhan said. Kai was impressed. Usually quiet happy Luhan was talking back to Kris. Maybe Yoona has a point Kai thought. Maybe Luhan has some unseen hidden potential to become a good leader. He laughed at the thought of quiet Luhan being like Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Onew, or Kris as he headed to the bathroom to get a much needed shower.

~Seohyun~

She couldn’t believe perfect Im Yoona was in her sub group. She had been walking around the whole SM building the last hour and she was finally heading back to the dorm. Her pathetic sub group that hadn’t made any progress and probably hadn’t since she left. Luhan was a pathetic leader. She thought each sentence as she stomped up the stairs to their dorm. She heard frantic footsteps as she realized she was being followed.  Was it him? She thought as she turned around. Oh great it was Minho.

“I’m really sorry about dropping the pasta on you.” Minho said with a bowed head.

“It’s okay.” Her reply came out curt and cold. The silence got awkward and she turned away from him. He smiled at her and she frowned. She hated overly happy people.

“Well we have practice at four. Luhan texted me.” Minho said

“Is Luhan still the precious leader? Why are we even practicing? What song? What concept? We don’t have anything!” She practically yelled at him. Minho flinched and Seohyun calmed down.

“They decided on Mama.” He whispered.

“Oh. Wow they took Krystal’s suggestion.” She said in a lifeless voice. “Okay, well thanks bye. See you there.”

“Wait! Seohyun!” Minho shouted.

“What?” She said turning around.

“I’ll pick you up at your dorm.” Minho said and then ran down the stairs away. Why the heck would Minho want to pick her up for practice? Whatever. Seohyun thought and rolled her eyes and stepped into the dorm. All the other girls had sceduals today or were practicing so she was alone. Alone! She happily thought. She hated trying to be the cute sweet innocent maknae. She realized lately she had been abrasive and blunt, but she really didn’t care anymore. Then she remembered Yoona! She wanted to ask how the meeting went without her. She called Yoona’s phone and heard a ring coming from the….. bathroom???

No. She wouldn’t. She promised. Seohyun’s fear grew. She didn’t want to care, but she did. No matter how much she hated Yoona for being perfect she still loved her like a sister. She pounded on the door.

“Yoona! Yah! Are you in there?” She yelled.

“Unnie. Don’t come in. I’m peeing. I’ll be out soon.” She heard a mumble. Seohyun’s heartbeat relaxed. She jumped to a conclusion too fast. Why would Yoona even submit herself to that tortured again? She said she wouldn’t. She had a perfect life. Why would she need too? She remembered how she first found out about Yoona’s… errr problem…. She went to the bathroom to find a wild looking Yoona swirling blood all over her arm. Seohyun freaked out. She always knew what to do in any situation. This one caught her off guard. She was going to rush Yoona to the hospital until Yoona told her what was going on and how she would never ever do it again. She swore it was a one-time thing. It was perplexing to Seohyun why Yoona would do that to herself. To her flawless body.

After some clinking and water running Yoona came out with a smile on her face. Seohyun looked at her with narrowed eyes. Everything seemed okay. For now. “So what happened when I left?” She asked

“Well don’t be mad but we decided Mama and are going to practice at four.” Yoona said. “We really liked your idea, but Mama is more recent… and…..”

“Okay.” Seohyun said and walked away. That was all she needed to know. She wondered if he would show up to practice.  

 Yay! New Ch! hehe this ones dramatic cuz you find out the THING Yoona does. She does it to rease her pain and sadness. Only Seo knows. Poor yoona always being jugded stuff. Anyway she thinks Luhan would be a good leader, but seems to like Kai more.... but idk im a pretty hardcore Luyoon shiper... so idk whats gunna happen. Anyway Kai is a dancer and wants to be the best dancer b/c thats all he has ever known. He dances and he gest fan. He mentioned a girl??? Hmmmm whos it gunna be? Im so excited! hehe anyway Seo has this love hate love hate thing for yoona. She hates her, but worries for her. Seo's not a bad person, but an envious person who is unwanted by a guy she likes. This clouds her judgment. Anyway ... tell me what u guys thing... and what songs should be on thier album of songs on ious sm albmums that were "hidden gems" meaning they were never promoted but really good! THX! :D