7 deadly sins

To be loved

~Luhan~

She said I could be a good…. Leader…. Luhan thought to himself as he laid on his bed thinking. One more hour until their new sub group would have practice. He remembered Yoona’s rant. She looked embarrassed and freaked out after, but Luhan was happy she said her feelings. He always knew Yoona never showed her true feelings. She hid behind a smoke screen of happiness and rainbows. He was glad this sub group thing was going to let him be closer to her.

Yoona was lonely inside. Luhan was always observant and was good at telling who people truly were and what were lies. He knew Cho Minho was not some flaming charismatic playboy. He knew Krystal was trying to find who she really was. Luhan even knew Im Yoona was not some cheerful choding. Well maybe sometimes a choding, but he knew some part of Yoona was sad, lonely, and depressed. No matter how much she hid it Luhan knew she wanted to be loved. But she wasn’t. Eveything she said was true. They were a group of idols that were nobodies, misunderstood, or hated. Eveyone may think she was loved and perfect, but no she was not. Luhan could  tell that most of the guys that said she was their ideal type were lying. To protect themselves so that they wouldn’t get any haters. She was the default choice. She bared it without a word knowing that they never even really like her.

He just wanted her to know how much he wanted her. Not for her face or cheerfulness, but for her strength and determination. An hour quickly flew by and he was suddenly standing in front of the goddess herself. Along with Kai, Kyuhyun, and Krystal.

“Where the heck is that girl and Minho?” Krystal asked with an impatient tone.

“If they don’t show up can I go back to playing starcraft?” Kyuhyun asked in a board tone.

“They will come, and no you can’t.” Luhan said trying to make his tone firm. He would show Yoona he could be a great leader. Then Seohyun came in talking and laughing with Minho.

“Finally!” Krystal sighed. They all looked at Luhan to see where they should start. Stop staring! Luhan wanted to scream, but calmly thought out his first sentence.

“We should make a group name and finalize our concept before we start.” He said carefully.

“Kai the Dancing Machine and his background dancers?” Kai suggested which earned him a hard nudge from Yoona.

“Kyu-Line 7.” Kyuhyun said with a yawn.

“SM- F (Super Shinee Generation)?” Krystal said with a laugh.

“SM-LuYoonKaiSeoMinStal.” Yoona said.

“You guys aren’t being serious.” Seohyun said with a frown.

“How about something with seven since there are seven of us and seven is a really special number. It will show off how different and unique we are.” Luhan said.

“How is it special?” Yoona asked.

“Seven is used numerous times for mythological purposes Yoona. Seven deadly sins or seven wonders of the world.” Seohyun said.

“So how about 7 Aces? Like ace beats everything in card games right?” Krystal said.

“Too similar to 2ne1 and blackjacks.” Minho said.

“Something to do with video game or me.” Kyuhyun said.

“Something catchy.” Krystal mused.

“How about 7DS?” Luhan said. “It could stand for 7 deadly sins and how are all unique or it could mean 7D like 2D means two dimensional and 3D means three dimensional and 4D means spacy and weird, so 7D could mean unique. Isn’t a DS some game too Kyu? So it works for you too

“That works.” Seohyun said.

“YAY! I heart it.” Krystal said while jotting the name down in her notebook.

“And our fans could be called Sinned. It's like they are sinning by indulging in our uniqunes. Or something like that..." Minho said slowly.

“I like it.” Yoona mussed. “I want to be Gluttony then.”

“Wrath.” Kyuhyun said with a smile.

“Pride?” Krystal said.

“Greed.” Minho chuckled looking at Seohyun.

“Sloth.” Luhan said. Why did Luhan pick sloth? It was because it was taking such a dam long time for him to tell Yoona his feelings.

“Lust.” Kai smirked and stared at Yoona. Luhan wanted to hit Kai. Kai really didn’t like Yoona. Not the way Luhan did. Luhan was ready to tell him off when Seohyun spoke.

“So I’m envy?” She said with a dry laugh.

“Well I don’t know if that works.” Kyuhyun said. “Seo your image is too innocent and young to be envy.”

“No envy is perfect.” She smirked and started helping Krystal write down all the sins and the idols names next to each other.

~Kyuhyun~

7DS. What a weird name, but it did have to do with games. So Kyuhyun didn’t really mind, but he still thought Kyu-7 sounded better. He was able to break his old record at starcraft so he was content right now. How am I going to sabotage this group? He thought. Kyuhyun was known for his pranks and evilness, but making six other idols that were super close to him look like fools at a concert was pretty bad. Even for his standards that was bad.

But then again if he did he could enter that starcraft tournament.

“So we are going to sing Mama dressed like the 7 deadly sins?” Minho questioned looking at Seohyun for an answer.

“Not necessarily exactly the sin. Like Seohyun could wear green to represent jealously, or Kyuhyun could wear red. Mr. Sooman contacted all the leaders an hour ago and said were going to have a photo shoot and a have to pick out our own wardrobes.” Luhan said.

“We already figured out the main and lead singers and dancers. So I guess two people can be in charge of line distribution and two for choreography, one should get food before Yoona gets crabby, and one for the photo shoot and wardrobe.” Krystal said jotting everything down in her notebook.

“This is just a sub group we don’t have to be so serious.” Kyuhyun said.

“We need to win.” Krystal remarked.

“Why?” He said. If Krystal really wanted to win that was bad. It was already hard enough to bring down s in a live performance, but to crush someone’s dreams would definitely . Kyuhyun thought. 

“Because we need too. Anyway I volunteer for the photo shoot and wardrobe.” Krystal said biting her lip.

“Sure. But, you’re going to go against Key Oppa. Are you ready?” Yoona teased.

“My fashion can beat Key’s any days.” Krystal said rolling her eyes. “Well most days.”

“I call line distribution.” Seohyun said looking at him. What? Oh yeah he was the other main singer he should do that job too.

“I guess I can help her.” He said.

“Me and woman holding my child can do choreography.” Kai teased.

“I. Am. Not. Having. Or. Will. Ever. Be. Having. Your. Child.” Yoona hissed.

“I call food!” Minho yelled and ran out of the room before anyone could stop him. Weird kid. Kyuhyun thought.

“What am I supposed to do?” Luhan interrupted.

“You’re the leader. Lead.” Krystal remarked as she started sketching designs. Wow Krystal was serious about this. For once Kyuhyun debated on actually trying in the new group. It actually seemed…. fun….

Maybe for once the evil maknae could be….. nice???? Impossible.

~Krystal~

The group was… working…. She could prove she was someone. Not just Jessica Jung’s little sister. An independent person. She glanced down at the shirt she was drawing for Seohyun. Envy. She was always a bit envious of Jessica. A bit too envious. She drew a loose green tank top with vines crawling up the bottom and warping around the throat. She noticed Kai and Yoona practicing dance moves in a corner and Kyuhyun and Seohyun sharing head phones and writing on a piece of paper in another. Luhan just looked lost.

She knew Luhan had to be a good leader. Groups stood on leaders shoulders. She called him over and was ready give him a pep talk. Their group needed a leader. She knew she could never be a leader. She was impatient and no matter how much she tried she compared herself too much. She wished Victoria Umma was there to help her.

“Yes?” Luhan said.

“You look like a lost puppy.” She said.

“Well I don’t know what to do you left me with no job!” He rebutted.

“I did! It was too lead! If you were a real leader then you would have been giving out the jobs.” She sniffed. Wait this was not a pep talk.

“I told you guys I didn’t want to be leader!” Luhan said.

“We need someone like you to control all our crazy personalities and problems. You understand people. Remember when I was crying after the debut, because we weren’t as popular as SNSD? Remember you comforted me and helped me move on. Nobody understood that I was always in my sister’s shadow. Only you and Yoona noticed. Everyone thought I was just a crybaby.” She said.

“But… I….”

“No. Yoona and I know you can be a great leader and are able to handle our group.” She said.

“I… will… try….” He mumbled.

“Good. Now go check on the other groups and figure out our stage and photo shoot time.” She said. She was acting like the leader now. Oh well. She had to until Luhan could stand on his own feet.

“Right. Oh and Krystal?”

“Yeah?”

“We are going to need at least three outfits each. Two for the photo shoot and one for the concert. Make sure the concert ones are danceable.” He reminded as he walked over to Kai and Yoona to check on them. Maybe he could be a leader Krystal thought.

~Minho~

Minho was staggering around trying to find a restaurant when he remembered he had no money. Shoot. He just knew he had to get out of that room. He barely talked and just stared at Seohyun the whole time. He was sure someone would figure out he liked her if he stood in that room a moment longer he would burst out his confession for her. When he finally got money and ordered food all he could do was try and not think about her.

He still had no idea what drew him to her. Maybe it was the fact that their images were not what they really were inside. Maybe it was her blunt nature. He still had no idea. When he arrived back he saw Yoona and Kai dancing, Krystal scribbling something on paper, Luhan writing a schedule on the whiteboard and Kyuhyun and Seohyun sharing earphones and laughing?

He dropped the food on the table and walked over.

“How’s the line distributing going?”  He asked.

“Shhh..” Seohyun shushed him while highlighting a line in blue.

“Pause it.” Kyuhyun commanded.

“’Full of envy behind that anonymous mask. Even after seeing the end, you’re still full with hunger. Are you satisfied now?’ That lyric is perfect for envy which is me. So I should sing that line.” Seohyun said.

“Hey Minho. Did you bring the food?” Yoona asked in an excited tone as she stopped mid dance.

“Of course.” He replied and waving to the food on the table.

“Yay!” She cheered and ran over and started unpacking the boxes. “Food break guys!” They all gathered around the table and Minho sat next to Seohyun.

“Pay you back later.” Yoona said in between munches.

“No need.” He replied. He didn’t want to seem cheap.

“I made a schedule on the white board.” Luhan said in between bites.

“Dance practice two hours a day and vocal lessons one hour? The photo shoot this Sunday? Are you crazy?” Kai said in protest.

“That was the latest day possible and Mr. Sooman contacted me and told me that all our other group events and practices were canceled. He seems to really like this new sub group idea.” Luhan said calmly.

“Alright. Does that means I’ll get to see Yoona more?” Kai asked smirking and bumping his shoulder with Yoona. Yoona just rolled her eyes and started telling Luhan their progress.

“I almost got the dance down, and we decided the dance break will be a couple dance break! We also decided the positions and formations.” Yoona said in an excited voice.

“A couple dance break would mean one loner.” Seohyun reminded.

“Someone’s going to be a loner.” Krystal said. “It’s going to be a guy.”

“Thanks for that enlightening knowledge.” Kyuhyun said sarcastically.

“We could use that coupling app!” Yoona said in an excited tone as she grabbed her phone. “I’ve always wanted to use this!” She tapped some buttons and seven cards popped up. “Whoever picks matching cards gets paired! If it’s the same gender you have to pick again.”  Please Seohyun! Minho thought. He wanted to get closer to the girl that made his heart beat faster.

Yoona picked a card. A red heart popped up. Seohyun picked a card. A black circle. Krystal. A yellow star. Luhan. A red heart.

“Our first pair!” Krystal announced. “Yay for Luyoon!”

“Wait shouldn’t me and Yoona be paired up?” Kai asked with a grimace. “We are the dancers.”

“I like the pairing.” Luhan said softly.

“The paring is final.” Minho said in a commanding tone. Minho wanted to get this conversation over. He needed to pick his card now.

“Fine.” Kai grunted. Minho grabbed the phone next but  fumbled on it and it dropped and hit the floor.

“If it picked a card when it hit the floor you have to be with that person!” Yoona warned. “Oooo suspenseful.”
“Okay.” Minho said as he picked it up. Please let it be my soul mate! He prayed and flipped the phone over. His eyes widened and saw…………………………………………………………….. a yellow star.

“Minstal!” Yoona cheered.

“My turn!” Kyuyun said and grabbed the phone. Minho didn’t even have time to argue or whine. He turned and looked at Krystal who had a nonchalant look and just nodded. Krystal was okay, but he could understand Seohyun so much better! He felt his dreams shattered and scattered along the wind.

“Seokyu!” Kai announced, waking Minho from his furious thinking. What! No. Anyone but him. Everyone shipped Seokyu. They were the perfect maknae couple. Minho felt a pit in his stomach and all he could do was drown in it.