Just the Beginning

To be loved

Omigod I updated! YAY! I am so sorry for the wait! I just got super busy! Drama Drama Drama this ch! I hope you like and subscribe and comment! Please check out my oneshot collections A Single Note and A Single Moment which i am currently working on. Please enjoy! I am sorry this is kinda bad, but i rushed it.

The Performance Day

Krystal

Her luck couldn’t get any worse. She felt as if she couldn’t move. She heard the first cords of Gee playing and her mind went completely blank. This wasn’t supposed to happen. Why was this happening? She hurriedly looked around blankly at the stage as lights and flashes blinded her. She saw Jessica across at the other end looking at her with her eyebrows furrowed and mouth set in a grimace. Of course. Her perfect sister would think they stole their song. It was only logical. Why would two groups choose the same song?

She wanted to scream, but her voice seemed to disappear. She felt a tug at her wrist as she saw Kai pull her behind the stage.

“Stal. Wake up. Go get the CD in Kyuhyun’s backpack that has the Mama track we are dancing too that has been altered for our dance break. Bring it to me in the music studio right above the stage. I will go try to find out what happened. Hurry!” Kai said to her in a hurried tone as he rushed to the stairs to the music room.

Move.

Krystal moved one step forward.

Then another.

Breath she thought as she broke out into a run as she staggered to Kyuhyun’s backpack and grabbed the tape.

She could hear Yoona and Luhan singing to Gee in the background. Surprisingly they sounded… good. She shook her head as she blocked out their singing. She needed to focus now. She felt her mind come springing back to life as she rushed up the stairs and passed the CD to Kai as he threw it into the music player.

“How do we play the music? When do we play it? When Gee ends or now?” Kai asked confused as he fumbled with the buttons. Krystal didn’t know what to do. She felt blindsided, nervous, and scared. She planned out their whole debut when she was finally going to become someone. When she would find herself. Now she would be the mistake the rejected group.

She didn’t know what to do. She could barely breath.

“Kai go to the entrance under the stage that rises up slowly and hit the switch once the music starts playing. Krystal go to the one that drops from the sky! Hurry!” Seohyun said as she frantically ran into the room and hit some buttons on the computer in front of them.

“Why should we do that?” Kai asked.

“So we can still have an amazing performance!” Seohyun yelled. “Gee is ending soon! We can still do this!”

“How do we know you aren’t just sabotaging Krystal again?” Kai said as he placed a protective arm around her.

“I AM SORRY!” Seohyun said as tears began to water her eyes. “I am just trying to fix my mistake!”

Then suddenly Krystal remembered another day. No behind silky velvet curtains of a computer room, but moth eaten dusty ones.

Trying to fix what you broke is what Yoona said to Seohyun the day they attempted to sing Gee to bring their group together. She saw Seohyun’s pain that day and another’s vengeance.

“Kai. Let’s go.” She said curtly as she tugged on Kai’s arm as they got into position.           

“Krystal you shouldn’t trust her!” Kai murmured into her ear as she pushed him into the tiny spot under the stage that would rise up at a push of a button.

“I don’t.” was all she said before sprinting to a ladder that would carry her to her fate.

~Yoona~

“Oh this sweet aroma oh yeah yeah yeah.” Luhan sang to her as sweetly and perfectly as he did that night in that old theater. She blushed softly forgetting where they were, but then heard a bang and glitter was thrown into the air. She didn’t even have time to react.

Applause sounded all around her.

Then Mama began to play. She felt an arm grab her and drag her to center stage. When the tornado of streamers, glitter, and balloons subsided she saw Luhan next to her in his Mama starting position. She looked next to her and saw Minho who dragged her there and he nodded quickly as Mama started playing. She noticed Kai emerging from the floor, Krystal dropping from the sky, Kyuhyun appearing in a poof of smoke, and Seohyun running from the side of the stage. Seohyun barely got into position before they started dancing.

Her body reacted before her mind did.

The moves they practiced so long and diligently began to come back to her as the music played.

It worked.

She could cry, but she held it in as her part came and she gave a blinding smile as she sang out her line with the emotion that Kyuhyun taught her to release. No mistakes were made. Suddenly she was almost close to what everyone else thought she was. Perfect. The weight of the scars on her arm began to vanish as she danced to the music.

The dance break began and she danced with passion and energy that she didn’t know she had. No one messed up. The adrenalin in her veins was almost as much as when she first pierced her skin with a knife. They broke out into their final pose as Kyuhyun and Seohyun sang out the last notes in a perfect harmony and the applause was thunderous.

The flashes almost blinded her.

She felt herself being pulled into a pair of arms as Kai hugged her.

“You did amazing.” He whispered before she was pulled into another and another as they all hugged each other. All except one.

Seohyun.

Yoona looked over from in between a sandwiched hug from a still shaking and crying Krystal and a beaming and proud Minho. She slowly broke from their grasps and walked slowly over to the lonely girl looking on by herself with envy in her eyes greater than her outfit. Yoona grasped the girls hand as she was about to walk away and pulled her toward herself for a hug.

“I’m sorry.” Was all she muttered before letting go and running out as cries were sounded behind her.

~Luhan~

He should feel on top of the world. He was a successful leader. Their group was the talk of the night and many respected artist were telling him what a good job he had done with his group. Except they weren’t his group. They were A group. A family. One that was tearing at the seams, but was struggling to keep repairing themselves. He would make the group work. For her. For Yoona.

“Good job! How did you think of doing a sweet intro song and then transition into a totally bad song so perfectly?” He heard Tiffany as she passed him some flowers.

He looked around and saw admiration in the eyes of the other two groups, but also hatred in one.

StArZ. He saw Jessica look at Krystal with a pained look on her face. Taeyeon who was the leader of the group wouldn’t even look him in the eye.

No. They didn’t steal their song in plans of upstaging them. They wouldn’t. He trusted his group mates. But then he realized. One of them did. Someone replaced their song.

A good leader would figure it out. A good leader would go make amends with the other groups. A good leader would run after a teammate who ran out of the room. A good leader would help his team as they all stood around in shock as they were engulfed by flashes and flowers.

Luhan realized he wasn’t a good leader.

~Minho~

Minho used his trademark smile as reporters and fellow label mates grouped around him. Minho may be used, weak, a mirage idol who wasn’t what he seemed, but he know one thing.

Public appearance was important. He was built up on a persona of who he was supposed to be. They needed to win. They needed a good first impression on the public.

He pushed the remaining group members into a circle as he counted them up.

1 leader who was in a daze and shock

2 A girl whose face was turning pink as she cried and stared at a door that her best friend/ enemy just ran out of the door

3 A half- dancer who glanced at him then put on a fake smile and started to flirt with reporters as he gave him the What the heck should we do look.

4 A fluffy haired singer who grimaced as reporters tried to call out to him

5 A worried girl who was looking for a certain blond sister.

Where did the sixth person go?

He took a step toward the crying Seohyun before Kyuhyun put his jacket around her shielding her form the reporters and walked out with her nodding to Minho. Minho nodded back. They couldn’t show how weak they were in front of the public. Minho decided he had to find Yoona. They needed the face of the group. They needed the girl who could move people with a single smile to show that their group was “perfect.” Minho’s image may be a mirage, but Yoona’s wasn’t. Everyone thought she was perfect, even the people in the company and people in her personal life. They needed someone like that in the front of their group. He knew he had to find her, but first he had to take care of the reporters.

“Luhan are you proud of your group? Seohyun why are you crying? Krystal your abs! Kai do you like your outfit? Where did Yoona go?? Minho!” Reporters screamed from every side.

Minho poked Luhan in the back and whispered into his ear “You are the leader take care of the reporters. I will get Yoona.”

Luhan turned around and looked at him and gave a quick nod. A tight smile appeared on his face as he started calmly answering the reporters with Kai and Krystal.

“Check the bathroom.” Was all Luhan said as he left.

Minho ran to Yoona. He needed the whole group together to show their strength and try to finally fix their problems. They also needed to address their first glaring problem. Who switched the music and why?

He dogged idols and reporters as he slid around the corner. He didn’t even have time to think why the bathroom before he slammed open door of the girls bathroom making several girls scream and run out.

He approached the only closed stall and kicked in open.

All he saw was a single beautiful pale girl covered in blood.