Loner

To be loved

~Yoona~

"Wait I'm a loner?" Kai asked in a disgruntled tone. Yoona felt pity for Kai. She would never want to be a loner. Whenever she was singled out the public bashed her for getting all the attention. All centers and faces from different groups were bashed, but she was the one who got it the most. She felt as if everything she did was wrong and her actions brought her group down. She learned the more famous you are the more hated you are. She was no exception. Before she didn't care and shook haters off. Then there were the stalker fans, the suicide petitions, and the girls screaming at her daily. Then one day when a cute little girl asked her to die is the day she broke. She could handle the faceless people who wanted her to die, but this was a little innocent girl. She decided she must be a horrible person if people wanted her dead. The cutting released the pain. The pain she was holding in for so long. She was glad nobody noticed she changed into a lumpy gray oversized sweater.

"We can have a triple pair or you can dance in the center alone. You are the main dancer so dancing alone won't be a problem, but a triple would also be okay." Krystal suggested.

"Willing to share?" Kai asked Luhan. Yoona looked at Luhan's shocked face. She was so happy that he was becoming a good leader! Their weird dysfunctional group might actually work! She saw the uncertainty in his face and sighed. He still had a long way to go through.

"I don't mind," She said. She was trying to get Luhan used to making decisions.

"I.... you..... sure..." Luhan mumbled. Well at least he made a choice Yoona thought. His little steps of confidence will get bigger.

"Uh... Who wants to be the face of the group?" Yoona asked trying to get the attention off of stuttering Luhan.

"Well we have the prettiest girl in the whole Kpop industry in our group. So I guess she can be the face" Kai smirked staring at her. Yoona blushed. She groaned internally. When was Kai going to stop flirting with her in front of everyone?

"Seohyun is really pretty and she isn't the youngest anymore. Not that I like her or anything, but Yoona is always the face... and well... uh... I.. or I mean Krystal's a good choice too!... but... Uh... Seohyun...." Minho started awkwardly as he knocked over a cup. She ran over and started helping Minho clean up. Please not the face. I don't need more antis and the group doesn't need more antis. Let me prove I am more than a face! She prayed silently.

"Yoona is like the face though." Kai said.

"I think Yoona is a good choice." Krystal agreed.                 

"Seohyun would be good. Or a guy could be it. Like Minho!" She stated handing more napkins to Minho. Please someone else agree!

"Let's just pick Yoona." Kyuhyun stated.

"Why Yoona?" Seohyun challenged.

"Yoona has like… a perfect face." Kai stated.

"We should ask her if she even wants to be the face." Luhan said. Thank you Luhan! She thought.

"I really. I don't... I...." She started awkwardly. She didn't want to let the group down, but at the same time didn't want to be the face.

"Why doesn’t Minho and Yoona both be the face?" Krystal suggested. “We will be the first group to have a guy and girl face and they are both the most charismatic in our group. Or they are supposed to be the most charismatic.”

"Sure." Kai said.


"If I say yes then can we leave?" Kyuhyun said.

"I am not sure how this will affect the group." Seohyun grumbled. "But since everyone else wants her to be the face, just let Yoona be the face."

"You okay with that?" Luhan asked her.

"Errr... O...Okay.." She stuttered. Well it was better than just being the face by herself.

"Well now that that’s done why don’t we all get some sleep and finish up everything tomorrow?" Krystal said.

"Tomorrow the lines and the dance should be done." Luhan warned them all.

"Sure!" They all agreed and left their separate ways. Krystal walked out sketching some design. Kyuhyun started mumbling about Starcraft stalked off. Seohyun said goodbye and left shortly after. Minho tripped and followed her out.

"Got to go!" She giggled and started walking out of the door.

"Wait!" Luhan yelled. She turned around surprised.

"Yeah?"
"Uh... want to help me learn some leadership practice?" He asked. She wanted to help, but she really needed to change the bandages on her arm. But then again their group need a lot of help.

"Sure!" She said in the happiest tone she could manage.

"I’m going to practice dancing some more. Make sure you guys don't stay out past bedtime children!" Kai said.

"Bye Kai." Luhan said rolling his eyes.

"No, but seriously if you’re not back by 11:00 you will be locked out." Kai warned and started the music again.

"Let's go!" Luhan said in an excited tone and grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the room.

"Wait! Where are we going?" she said.

"Wherever you want. You can be my new tutor to teach me how to be outgoing and more of a leader." He announced. Yoona liked this Luhan. The quiet happy confident Luhan.

"You might not want me to teach you about happiness." Yoona muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Oh. Okay. Anyway I need practice to be able to talk in front of others. I think once I can talk in front of others than I can learn how to lead them." Luhan said with a pleading stare. He has really nice eyes Yoona thought. "People just like me because I am Exo's Luhan. They don't care if I have talent. So I'm not even sure I have any." Confidence. Something she was supposed to have. Talent. Something she was told she never had. So how was she going to teach Luhan about either of these? Then she thought of a perfect place. A place where he could show off his talent without his look getting in the way and learn to talk to others.

“Oh! I have the perfect place for you to learn confidence!" She squealed and started walking with him down the street handing him a wig and glasses.

"Where did you get those?" He inquired as they passed the guards.

"Always be prepared! You never know who will see you! I almost got stampeded by a group of paparazzi once." She piled her hair up and put on a short bob wig and gigantic glasses.

"Where are we going?" He asked once they walked around the corner of SM.

"A place where you can get a confidence booster." She said. She knew it was the perfect place. "I go there all the time when I need to work on my singing and people skills."

They walked down a couple streets until they arrived at a theater.

"Why are we here?" He asked. "Won't people notice us?"

"It's a singing competition, but solely based on voices. There is a curtain up and you just talk and sing to the crowd. I did it when people were saying I was talentless. The cheers make you boost your confidence." she said

"I don't know..." Luhan said in a confused tone. "I am more a background person. A backup singer or dancer to the other members.”
"You can be so much more! If you had more confidence I bet you could sing better than Chen or D.O. and dance better than Lay and maybe even Kai! Come on! It’s really fun!" She pleaded widening her big doe eyes. "Please!"

"Fine." He agreed after a short pause.

"Yay! Let's do this" She cheered. Luhan needed confidence like she needed to be loved. With it they could become great. Without they were broken idols. Like a broken toy that could and would probably replaced. With confidence they could become irreplaceable. They walked and chatted happily until they got to a rundown theater. The dusty sign flickered once in a while and there were drunk men singing outside.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Luhan asked nervously.

"Of course! Some of the best places look the worst. Looks can be deceiving." She said. They arrived at the back door with a gigantic guard in front of it.

"Hey Bob!" Yoona said to the gigantic burly man in front of them.

"Hey! Mizy. Going to sing again?" Bob said.

"Nope. My friend is." She announced and pulled them through the door. . They were let in and Yoona quickly pushed him behind a red curtain. "When the spotlight goes on you sing. The curtain will be there the whole time. Don't worry."

"Wait! What song? Sing with me?" He shouted as she walked over to the DJ.

"Mizy! Haven't seen you in a while. What song tonight?" The DJ said.

"Gee." She said and sauntered over to Luhan and passed him a microphone before sitting down with him behind the curtain. "Don't worry," she whispered.

"Tonight we have a Minzy and her partner singing Gee! Give it up for them audience!" She heard the DJ announce.

"I don't.... I can't..." He stuttered as the music started playing and the spotlight shown against the curtain showing their shaddow. "Trust me. You will do great." She whispered.

"Listen audience! My first love story...." She said smiling at Luhan.

~Kai~

Lonely. Kai had never felt this feeling, but practicing in the dim SM practice room he felt lonely and he did not like it. Not one bit. Kai had a plan to feel less lonely.

~Seohyun~

Envy. What a perfect sin for her. If envy was money Seohyun could be rich. Stupid, perfect, pretty Yoona was the face. Again. Even Kyuhyun, Minho, and Luhan picked her. She walked down the stairs trying to catch up to the one guy she liked, but could never get. Kyuhyun.

She felt like giving up. She hypothesized that the group wouldn’t win anyway, but yet she yearned for it, because it meant more time for her to spend with Kyu. They were complete opposites, but somehow she felt drawn to him. Even when they were trainees she liked him and the surprising thing was that he did too. But that one incident messed it up. Going on We Got Married ruined it. That is where she fell in love with that dim, dense, and foolish boy that perturbed her. Yonghwa. When she said that name her heart ached. Old scars began to reopen. No. She forced the wounds in heart to close. She would not think about how he cheated on her. Ripped her heart out. Stole her love and then left in on the ground. She knew Kyuhyun could heal her.

No, Seohyun was faced with one side love, but she knew that one day it wouldn’t be anymore. And her answer to that was running up the stairs behind her.

~Luhan~

Luhan was singing; in an unsanitary crowded theater behind a moth eaten curtain to a song that he barely knew.... and he loved every second of it. Part of it was the fact that people were cheering for him even though they didn't know he was the famous and cute Luhan. Another part was because of the girl that was dancing right next to him. A girl wearing a gray oversized sweatshirt, wig, and sunglasses.

"You're so so handsome. My eyes my eyes are blinded. I can't breathe because I'm trembling." The seemingly perfect girl next to him sang while pointing at him. She smiled and Luhan felt a shock run through his body, but he kept dancing together. Luhan felt as if he could do no wrong.

"Gee gee gee baby baby baby." They sang together.

"Oh I feel so embarrassed. I can't look at you. I feel shy because I've fallen in love." Luhan sang. I have fallen in love he thought. This girl had made him feel like he belonged. Like he wasn't just a background person. He laughed as she tried to do the crab walk dance with him. When she sang he could see the feelings and emotion she put in. "Do I not have any courage? What would be the right thing to do? Thump thump my heart is anxious as I'm looking at you."

Luhan did not want the song to end. It summarized his thoughts and feelings into one song. The song did end and the applause was thunderous. He did not know how he knew the dance steps or how they split up the lines perfectly, but they did. They bowed and walked off stage. Did people just clap for him? Did they like him without seeing how he looked or the knowledge he was Exo’s baby face Luhan?  

"That was so fun! Do you feel more confident? You have dust in your hair." She said smiling up at him while brushing his head with her hand.

"Of course! I feel... I feel .... like someone is listening to me and more confident." Luhan muttered.
"That’s great! If you have confidence you can do anything!" She cheered as they walked out of theater.
"Thanks so much." He smiled.

"No problem. Well it’s almost 10:30. I guess I should...." Yoona trailed off awkwardly.

"Want some ice cream?" He suddenly asked using his new found confidence.
"Ice cream? Of course! What's your favorite flavor? I don't have one. They are all amazing. I wonder what kind of ice cream they have." Yoona blabbered on and on as Luhan followed amused and intrigued. They talked and laughed for hours eating away at gigantic Sundaes.

"I now know why you are gluttony." Luhan announced as Yoona finished off her gigantic ice cream sundae.

"That was so good!" She announced. Luhan smiled and slid over the rest of his.

"You sure?" Yoona asked.

"Of course." He replied.

"Yay!" She cheered and dug in. She must really like ice cream Luhan thought. There must be another reason though. Luhan prided himself in being observant and he could sense she liked food for another reason. Why else would she eat only at times of distress?

"Why do you like ice cream Yoona?" Luhan inqired.

"Because... well its delicious!" She said.

"Are you sure? You don't like it for another reason?"

"Uh... nope!" She stuttered.

"It's just the taste? It doesn’t remind you of something or make you feel any better?" He pushed.

"Well... I mean it fill your heart. It doesn't judge you or let you down. It simply makes you happy." She replied in a sad tone. She started swirling the ice cream around in circles and then looked up. She blinked a couple of times realising what she just said. "I mean it tastes really really really good and I'm really happy you brought me here Luhan. Um... here's some money and I... uh really have to go now.... It's almost 11:00..."

"Wait!" He called as she rushed out flinging money at him. He cursed himself mentally as he pushed the door open and ran into the dark night. Why did he push her so much? She was obviously more scared and mentally tortured than he thought. He walked around and when he turned the corner he was her walked quickly torward her dorm. He needed to apologize. Dang! Why did he get all his confidence and courage at the wrong time?

"Yoona!" He yelled at the retreating figure. He ran and caught up to her. He turned and saw her with a blotchy red face and her wide doe eyes full of tears.

“Oh God. Yoona I am so sorry. I was overstepping my boundaries and I will never do it again. I just really care for you and I…..” He trailed off as Yoona hugged him and buried her head into his chest as she sobbed.

“I…..hiccup…just…really…..hiccup……hate being in the center.” She stuttered as she cried softy. He patted her back while she slowly calmed down. Luhan always wanted to hug Yoona like this, but never imagined it with her crying. He buried his face in her hair trying to savor the moment.

“Do you really hate being the center that much?” He asked softly trying to calm her.

“Yes! It has its good moments, but it is really hard and you get so many haters.” Yoona rambled as she wiped her tears away.

“You don’t have to be our center.” Luhan said. He was glad Yoona started calming down and sat up next to him on the ground. He decided there was much more to this girl than he thought.

“Really? Wait, but I think I should. I really want our sub group to win so that I can prove I am not just some pretty face. I want to show everyone I am so much more.” She whined.

“Then you should show them you can be talented and pretty at the same time.” He said

“I really don’t want to bring the group down.” She mumbled. “If I am the face again we will get bashed so much more.”

“But you are forgetting something Yoona.” He soothed while putting his arm around her. He just wanted to hold her forever. “We will gain many more fans. Who is the girl with the biggest fan base in Girls Generation? Who is the girl who millions of guys die for? Who is the girl who can capture anyone’s heart by just opening ?”

“Yuri Unnie?” She mumbled.

“No. You. You are wonderful just by yourself and you just have to show all those against you that you are an amazing person.” He said blushing. Wow. He just talked more in one night than all of last week. Ahhh Yoong the things you do to me. Luhan thanked God he was getting more confident.

“Thanks for making me feel better.” Yoona said looking up at the moon above them.

“No problem.” He said while staring at her.

“We better go. We have lots of work to do tomorrow and Seohyun would never forgive me if I brought down the group with my problems.” Yoona said smiling. Luhan’s breath got stuck in his throat and his mind fogged as he looked at the tear soaked smiling girl in front of him. He made her smile.

“I’ll walk you to your dorm.” He mumbled as he stood up awkwardly.

“Sure.” Yoona said still smiling. They walked back quietly to SM while he stared at her almost the whole time. “Sorry for all my troubles.”

“It was my pleasure.” He said. He would listen to her every problem if he could spend more time with her.

“Could you not…. Tell this to anyone?” She mumbled embarrassed. “To everyone else I am a happy choding, so weepy sad Yoona will be a huge change for them.”

“Don’t worry I won’t, and by the way I like weepy sad Yoona.” He said.

“Thanks.” She said smiling as she pushed the gate. She pushed it again. It didn’t open. “Luhan. The gate is not opening.”

“What?” He said as he gave it an experimental push. The gate just creaked.

“What time is it?” Yoona said in a panicked voice.

He looked at his watch. “11:30.” He said. Shoot. They were locked out. Alone. Together. By themselves.

“What do we do now Luhan?” She asked in a scared voice.

SORRY! I was on Vacation with my fam so the whole week I only updated like twice. But i'm back now!!! So please read and comment!

Anyway back to the story. So Yoona is basically the face of 7DS but she doesnt want to be yet she does. (Does that make sence?) She wants to prove that she is talented, but wants to help her group. Since she is mostly known for her pretty face she thinks she can help the group by being the face. Yoona is a very scared soul if you havent noticed yet. But she does seem to have feelings for Luhan rite :) hehehe but Kai openly flirts with her. What is Kai's plan???? What is Seohyuns??? Sorry there ch are short.... I plan to make thiers longer and Yoona's and Luhans shorter as the Ch go by. So Kai and Seohyun are planing something to get the person they want and Yoona is tutoring Luhan in confidence, but they end up gettin locked out... where  do you guys thinkk they should spend the night?? Hmmm??? ideas?? Thx for all my susbscribers!

 

 .