Brewing Tempest

To be loved

After the Performance 

Luhan

“So why did you choose those two songs?” A voice of a reporter echoed in his ears. He glanced at his other teammates. If they were to be chosen as the new sub group they would need to show teamwork, or at least fake it for the cameras. They should be fine. His teammates were all fakers and hypocrites. They all had masked personalities covering their own faces and readymade personalities they showed to the cameras. Nobody could know the real them. 7DS must be a unified and solid group.

This meant they could not show that they had a traitor in their group. Someone. Betrayed. Their. Group. Luhan wished he knew what to do or how to react, but all he could think about was the traitor of their group. Needles of the betrayal stung his heart, but he forced himself to think of the reality.

It was only logical. Who else could change the song choice so easily and without being questioned? Another group would never be able to switch the songs without permission.

“It was so we could show off our cute side and our darker more mature image.” Seohyun said tears still lining the edges of her eyes. Luhan glanced at her and also began to fabricate a blanket of lies to cover their mistakes. The layers of lies began to suffocate him. All the while he glanced at the door waiting for Minho (and hopefully along with Yoona) to return.

“No. I’m just crying because I’m happy all my hard and diligent work is paying off.” Seohyun said with a small smile as reporters continued to ask questions. Luhan felt like reaching out and grabbing her hand again, but that was impossible with the reporters staring at them. Go find the other groups and talk to them he wanted to scream. He growled with frustration as he couldn’t even protect their most vulnerable group mates. Krystal was still shaking as she answered questions, Seohyun’s eyes were still stuffy, and Yoona was still nowhere in sight. What kind of leader was he?

He wasn’t as fun or supportive like Taeyeon. He was shy, cold, and unhelpful.

He wasn’t funny and calming like Leetuck who could sooth of 13 members. He couldn’t even take care of one.

He wasn’t as motherly as Victoria, as patient as Onew, or even as determined as Yunho.

He was a failure.

But he refused to give up, at least not yet. Not when Yoona expected him to become a great leader.

After ten minutes the reporters seemed satisfied and left one confused group of idols whose heads were still spinning. Reeling with this newfound knowledge that someone betrayed them Luhan staggered to s. One of their own group mates they had taken away the small fragile thread of trust that they had carefully spun over the last week. This thread was now ripped to shreds and thrown down a drain.

“Kai where did Minho and Yoona go?” Krystal asked in a daze after the flashes and yells moved on to the next room. Her voice softer than Luhan had ever heard her before. Strong stubborn Krystal was shaking.   

“Who knows?” Kai responded in an equally confused voice. I need to put this group back together he thought as they finally managed to rush away from prying eyes in search of their group mates. He needed to get his group back into check. He had to fix their small mistakes and calm everyone down. Most of all he had to find Yoona.

“Don’t worry they will be fine. We just have to find them and everything will be okay.” He said to the group as they began to search. Chaos resumed as they trudged down halls and looked around bends.

“No. It won’t be okay.” Krystal hissed with her hands on her hips. “Someone changed our song. Why? Who?”

“I deduce that the culprit is among one of us.” Seohyun mused as she began to open doors randomly in the hall way and look in. “Should we even find those two? They didn’t help with the reporters and now we look unprofessional and weak.”

“Shut up. Those are our group mates.” Kyuhyun spat at her.

Luhan glared at her slightly and Seohyun shut .

“No way someone would do that.” Kai said with a shake of his head. Kai may give off the feeling of a cold charismatic player, but inside a naiveté puerile boy who believed in anything. They were polar opposites in his eyes. Luhan kept inching toward the bathroom praying that Minho hadn’t found Yoona in there.

“Seriously I mean who would purposely hurt their own teammate? That’s just sick.” Kyuhyun agreed as they kept searching. Luhan saw Seohyun flinch and look down. Luhan knew that Seohyun was envious of Yoona, but he knew that he could trust her. Seohyun was calculating, deceiving, but he also knew that she was dependable and truly felt horrible about what she had done to Yoona and Minho before.

At least he hoped she wasn’t the one who betrayed the team.

But he knew the world didn’t run on hope. It ran on money and lies.

 

~Krystal~

Footsteps pounded around they ran around looking for a deer lost in the woods. Yoona. Krystal couldn’t even search properly for her new group mate because images of her dismayed sister flashed in her head. She and Jessica fought constantly, but they were petty sisterly fights. Krystal hated Jessica for overshadowing her, but she would never ever steal something of hers.

Her hands were still shaking. Krystal used to think of herself as closed off, cold, and many thought her as y. She was now reduced to a shaking mess who couldn’t even think straight.

What should she worry about first? Yoona? Her sister? Their group? The TRAITOR?

She glanced around. Why? Who? For what purpose would someone working so hard in their own group try to change their group’s song? Was it that they could fail? Was it so they could not win? Or was it an accident?

Whoever did it and for whatever reason why it didn’t matter anymore. A tiny ray of light filled her mind as she remembered their performance. No one messed up and the crowed loved them, what else could she ask for? It was all she wanted. She had proven herself worthy of being a Jung.

Images of Jessica flooded her mind. What if they did not win?

“Are you okay Krystal?” Luhan murmured as they continued down the hall.

“Great. I’m fine. Perfectly fine.” She said with a smile. She was fine. They would be fine. How could anything else get worse?

“I still can’t believe someone accidently switched the songs! I was so unprepared. I could have messed up the dance break.” Kai said with a sigh as they looked around the hallway. She glanced at Kai. How could he not see that someone probably changed the song purposely? He was blinded from the truth or maybe he just didn’t want to see it.

“I know. We should talk to the directors and audio guys.” Kyuhyun murmured. Krystal turned to look at him in disbelief. She knew that Kyuhyun was smart enough to know someone from their group changed the song.

“Let’s just find Yoona and Minho. The reporters will have a field day when they find out two idols have fugitively snuck out after a break taking performance.” Seohyun said sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“You freaking threw Minho’s heart away. You have no right over who he can and will sneak away with.” Kyuhyun yelled at her stopping in his tracks.

“I’m just thinking about the group and its future!” Seohyun replied back.

“You guys figure this out later. There are reporters around.” Luhan reminded with tired eyes. Krystal then realized she had been only thinking about herself. As she stared into Luhans eyes that seemed to have endless questions and on the verge of giving up. She realized Luhan was going through more pain than her. He must feel like the song mix up was his fault since he was leader and should have prevented it. Krystal felt a flash of pity.

He should have. It was his job.

“How about we split up? I will go with Kyuhyun down that hall. Luhan and Seohyun can check the SNSD dorm.” She suggested.

“Why am I left out again?” Kai murmured.

“I mean Luhan, Seohyun, and Kai.” She corrects herself. She glanced at him and mouthed I’m sorry before grabbing Kyuhyuns hand and stalking off not even waiting for Luhan to agree.

She just didn’t even know what to do anymore. Luhan wasn’t being a leader, Kyuhyun was acting shifty, Kai was being annoying, and she still wanted to punch Seohyun whenever she opened . Trepidation filled her as she glared at the boy she walked down the hall with. Did Kyuhyun change the songs? She distinctly remembered him not wanting to join the group.

“Did you do it?”

“Do what?” He replied with his eyebrow raised.

“Change the song.” She glanced at his reaction.

“What? Wow Krystal. I thought we were getting closer.” He said with disbelief and pain etched onto his face. “How do I know that you didn’t change it so you could finally become better than your sister?”

“Don’t even mention her.” Krystal hissed. This. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Jessica.

“Think you finally are better than her? Do you think you are out of her shadow?” He hissed. Her mind started fuzzing. She felt as if Kyuhyun was stabbing her.

“Why are you doing this?” She muttered hurt. “We are the ones in the group who fight with everyone, but we always stuck together.”

“Why do you think I changed the song? You obviously don’t trust me.” Kyuhyun muttered looking away.

“Kyuhyun I…” Krystal started as he turned around and walked away in a huff. Whatever she would find who did this. She would and when she did…

Krystal was so caught up she slipped over some liquid near the girls bathroom.

Those janitors are way overpaid she thought as she slowly got up. She glanced at her hands and saw smears of red.

She looked down. Blood.

A bloodcurdling cry emitted from her lips as she saw blood smeared all around her.

~Minho~

“Yoona are you okay? YOONA!” He shouted as he wrapped the frail girls bleeding arm in his jacket. He still remembered how he felt when he first saw her. He stared at her unmoving figure for what seemed like ages. A bleeding angel in a cold dark bathroom meets you in the face what would you do?

When he came to his senses he took off his jacket and wrapped her bleeding arm as he hauled her out of the bathroom. His mind was so jumbled with Gee, blood, Seohyun, and the group that he couldn’t even comprehend what happened.

All he could see was a deep gash in her arm and the bright crimson blood pouring out over her white porcelain skin. He managed to carry her out of the bathroom but blood still dripped out of her wounds. She was unconcious, but she flinched in whatever darkness she was in as he tried to lift her. The red streaks on her arm began to grow and drips of blood began to splatter the floor. 

He needed to get a grip.

Phone? He didn’t have it at the moment. Onew? He wasn’t his leader anymore. Luhan? He had too much on his mind at the moment. Police? No rumors could be spread. Lee Sooman? The group would be over.

Seohyun. No. Just not now.

“Yoona. It’s okay. You will be fine. Don’t worry.” He huffed as he started carried her to the company car. It would be okay. Everything would be okay.

Tears streamed down his face, because no, everything would not be okay. The worst part is he knew it. His team was over, the girl he loved used him, and one of his few friends was dying in his arms.

Still blood dripped down on the floor.

“Those freezing hands aren’t your fault. They carry scars from long before. Afraid to love someone, you turn your back on the other side of the words…” He started singing to sooth his mind as he carefully carried her out of the bathroom and made sure no one saw. 

What song is this? Why am I singing it? He thought. Minho wasn’t a singer; he was barely a rapper. His gravelly voice sang off tune but it didn’t matter. He would do anything to get rid of his thoughts. Anything to distract him from the bleeding angle he was carrying.

Oh. DBSK Love in the Ice. He remembered now. This song wasn’t even his language. Still he hummed on.

“Like ice, the embraced heart slowly starts to thaw.” His voice sang.

He continued to sing as his speed up and started running to the car. He heard a scream and turned to find Krystal running after him. He didn’t need drama now. He spun on his heels and kept running all the while humming.

“OH. MY. GOD. What happened? Is she okay?” He saw a frantic looking girl pulling at him. He shook her off and kept running.

 “Apply pressure!” She screamed as he found her running next to him. Minho saw some people in the distance and quickly put jacket over Yoona’s face. Krystal saw him and nodded once before pulling her own hood over her face. They dogged security cameras and other idols as they spun around hallways. He kept checking her would but the bleeding wouldn’t stop.  

“What happened?” Krystal demanded from him as they almost got to the exit. They stopped as sweat began to form on his back. His legs ached as he looked around. They were almost at the exit, but a small crowed of lingering reporters and a couple idols were in the way.

“Not now. Shh.” He whispered as he grabbed her and pulled her behind a potted plant. “All I know is that if I take the time to explain she could die. We just have to get out of this building without anyone knowing who we are and what happened here. Scandals will erupt. Not just about me and you, also Yoona.”

“But I don’t even know why she is bleeding…” Krystal started.

“No. Later. We need to help her first. We can talk later.” Minho glanced around for an opening to get to the exit.

“Okay. Fine, but you have to explain later.” Krystal said looking down. Minho then finally glanced at her for more than two seconds and saw her eyes puffy and red.

“Krystal what happened? Are you crying because of the song change?” He muttered to her trying to shift Yoona into a better position as more reporters left. He could feel the blood soaking his jacket.

“It’s not important. Just give the signal to run and we have to get out of here. If she bleeds more…” Krystal muttered trailing off as she wiped her eyes.

“MOVE!” Minho yelled at he grabbed a janitors cap and placed it on his head and pushed the people out of the way, but kept his pace as he ran out the doors. He saw Krystal push some girls over with her head covered as they raced out of the building.

“Car. Now.” Was all he said as he glanced down at jacket that kept growing red.

 

yay ! I finally updated! 

i know it's been forever :( ill try to update ASAP! I know this ch is long overdue, but school as SAT classes have been taking up a lot of time. Sorry! 

I like this ch because you see just how paranoid luhan and Krystal are. Luhan tries to be an amazing leader, but  keeps falling short. He compares himself and keeps second guessing his decisions. It proves how vulnerable he is, yet reaffirms that one day he can become a great leader. Krystal proves here how much she judges others and also how controlling she is. She keeps trying to do Luhans job but just gets in the way. When she gets nervouse or her sister is brought up she gets defensive. I think I depicted Krystal as someone who is strong willed and controling yet caring. She almost cares to much what others think. You can see Minho's pure kindness here as he thinks of only saving Yoona's image and is winning to damage his to help her. Although he isn't the brightest and does whatever his instincts tell him to, he is dependable. Right now him and Krystal are hurting. And well I guess Yoona is hurting the most. Buttttt we will get to this later. 

Well drama dramas dramaaa nxt ch! 

Commet on what I can do to make my stories better! 

Please subscribe :)