Hurt

To be loved

 

~Krystal~

The group was over. Why did they keep on trying? The saying if you fall down seven times get up eight did not apply here. They had fallen down a thousand times and getting up would just cause more pain and work just to be pushed back down. It was like telling a child to walk on broken glass without falling over. It was inevitable for pain.

She didn’t need the pain anymore.

Yoona didn’t need the pain anymore.

Minho as dam well didn’t need the pain either.

Why try?

“Krystal.” Minho said quietly. “Krys you wanted to win so much before. What happened?”

“I finally saw that I wouldn’t be good enough.” She mumbled trying to stop the swirls in her head. Jessica could have helped the group. She would have made them work.

“Really I’m sorry. I just liked Kyuhyun too much and was stuck in the thought that if I he liked me that everything could go back to the days before WGM. Please accept my apology.” Seohyun said with a tremor in her voice. Krystal looked at Seohyun. Did she really like Kyuhyun that much? To use Minho and cast away her best friend? Love sometimes was almost as dangerous as hate.

“I think we should fix the group.” Luhan murmured. “We are so close to actually winning this thing.”

“But at what price?” Kai muttered. Kai and Luhan liked Yoona. Kyuhyun liked Seohyun. Great. Why was she always not good enough? Always last? Her thoughts swirled around. What did she drink last night? She didn’t even remember that.

“What?” Luhan said looking at Kai with shock.

“Are you that selfish? You want to win that bad? What about Yoona who will be in pain if she wins? She will have to face Seohyun every day. We will be together for another three months at the least.” Kai snapped. Everyone staired at Kai while silence engulfed the room. Kai was always on the edge of the group never making drama. Now he was going right into the center of it.

“I think fixing the group would be okay.” Yoona muttered.

“Are you sure?” Kai asked grabbing her hand. Nobody held her hand. Ever. She was always second.

“Y..yes. Yes.” Yoona said stammering. “If we are to ever fix our friendship we will have to face each other some time.”

“Kyuhyun? Krystal? You’re the only ones against it.” Minho said looking at her sadly. Minho should be the most hurt out of all of them. Why was he trying so much?

“Krystal please. I know you want this.” Minho murmured to her grabbing her hand causing Seohyun to flinch. His hands are so warm and soft. 

“I…I…” She stuttered looking at Kyuhyun. Was she stuttering in nervousness or because of her hangover? The thoughts wouldn’t stop mixing up.

“No. Why fix something so broken.” Kyuhyun said glancing at her for support pulling her hand away from Minho. “Why peel off a scab that has just tried to heal over. Its over. Once we are wounded we will not be able to get back up.”

“But like a bone once broken it is stronger than before.” Luhan murmured quietly as Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes.

“I… I agree with Kyu. We have two days. We don’t have practice. How are we going to do this?” Krystal mumbled. “We don’t have a bond, confidence, and what if we don’t even win!”

“I know! I know a place where we can bond, gain confidence, and I can prove it to you we can win!” Luhan said excited as he looked out the window. “Yoona aren’t we close?”

Yoona looked out the window. “Extremely. Good thinking.”

 Krystal looked at Luhan skeptically. Where could that be? Some where their immature broken group could gain confidence. She looked over as Kyuhyun grabbed her hand.
“Don’t worry. I will help make sure this group doesn’t work. I want to give up as much as you do.” He whispered in her ear. Was that what she was doing? Giving up? Krystal wasn’t known for giving up.

~Seohyun~

Pain. Envy. Fear. She was accustom to all these feelings, but now she had a new one. Guilt. She felt it like a fire. Raging over her body threating to consume her and let everything she did be tainted by it. No. She had to push it back. With guilt came sadness, pain, and forgiveness. She wasn’t ready for forgiveness. Not yet.

Why was Luhan leading them to a really scary neighborhood? Was he that mad at her that they were going to drop her off in a place for her to get jumped?

“Stop here.” Luhan commanded to the driver as they stopped in front of a run down, dirty, and old theater.  

“Luhan. Why are we here?” She commanded. She wanted to fix the group not take a field trip to the ghetto!

“I came here once when I needed confidence. It helped.” Luhan answered with a small smile to Yoona.

“You came to a closed theater?” Minho said jumping out of the car. She glanced back at Minho. The fire raked over her heart once again. Why did she do that to him? She wasn’t thinking clearly. She didn’t want to hurt him. Seohyun took in a breath and continued walking behind Luhan.

“Yes.” Luhan said full of confidence.

“You sure?” Krystal muttered poking the flashing half broken sign in the front. She went to walk next to Krystal, but Krystal just flinched away and ran to catch up to Kyuhyun. Was she felt like a disease? That is what she probably was now. Something that infected everyone around her until they got rid of her. Maybe she should just leave the group. She was the one who caused all the trouble. She was like the infected part of the body of the team. It could spread the disease unless cut off.

“Let’s go.” Yoona said as she led them to the back door. Once they got to the back she handed out sun glasses and wigs.

“Have you guys been here before?” Kai asked as he put on sun glasses.

“Mmmhmm.” Yoona nodded as she passed the guards with a small wave.

“Whoa Yoona the guards know you!” Minho said staring around his eyes getting wider as they walked down the dark hall to a stage behind a curtain.

“Yoona what the heck are we doing here?” She said raising her eyebrows. She looked at the moth eaten curtains and dusty floor. She missed Yoona. How could she miss someone she hated, but she missed their night time conversations, her cheerful smile, their close friendship, and her open mouth laugh. But she had taken all that away. Why did she feel so bad? Isn’t this what she wanted? To show she was stronger? Better?

She proved she was, but why did she feel like she still lost?

“Yoong? Why are we here?” She said tensely as Yoona ran around handing everyone a microphone.

“Trying to fix what you broke.” Yoona said as her eyes flashed with sadness, pain, and hatred before they softened and she looked away. What had she done?

~Luhan~

"You're so so handsome. My eyes my eyes are blinded. I can't breathe because I'm trembling." Yoona was singing again at the run down broken theater behind those red moth eaten curtains, but this time it wasn’t to him. It was to Kai.

She then pointed to Kai. He looked Kai who had his arm around Yoona. He wanted to push Kai out of the way. Who was he too hold her like that? He looked at Yoona in concern. He still hadn’t gotten around to asking about those scars yet. He couldn’t ask her yet. Not when she was so broken.

He flinched as Krystal stuttered on the next line and Minho tried to reach a note that was out of his range. Their group was a mess. Only Yoona, Kai, and him were trying. The rest were angry, sad, or drunk.

Yoona’s idea was to each sing a line and point to the next person to sing. It was horrible. They were out of sync and out of tune and everyone was still glaring at each other. As they finished the song there was a pitiful applause and a few comments were thrown their way.

“Did you guys even practice?”

“A couple came a few days ago and did so much better!”

“Get off the stage.”

“BOOOO.”

Luhan was a fool. How would singing behind a curtain help the group? He kept his head down as they were all about to walk off the stage. He was not a leader. Yoona was wrong. He couldn’t even help the group let alone be the leader. Maybe they should give up.

“Wait! You guys didn’t do too badly. Sure you guys couldn’t dance, didn’t sing well, and I feel like a fight is going on, but I feel the emotion. Use that emotion to become better. I feel like you could become great.” A small voice came from the crowd.

“Thank you.” Yoona murmured.

“Yes the emotions and feelings were almost tangible. I sense if you guys work hard you can become great!” Another voice said.

“Wait!” Seohyun busted out. “Can I do another song?”

“No. Let’s just go. This isn’t going to work!” Kyuhyun said glaring at her as he pulled everyone off the stage.

“Please! Remember how you told Yoona to let her emotions out when she sang. I’m not good with honest words, so please just let me sing my feelings.” Seohyun pleaded.

“What so you can tell us how much you used everyone.” Krystal said with a glare.

“Krystal is right. We don’t need this anymore.” Kai said with his arm still around Yoona.

“Krys.” Minho shushed her. “Go ahead Seohyun.”

“You’re not the leader!” Kyuhyun spat.

“Just let Luhan decide then.” Minho said casually. All eyes were on him. Yes. No. Yes? No?

“Yes. Just let her do it. Sometime singing one song to someone is like showing someone your heart.” Luhan murmured as he looked at Yoona.

“Great.” Kyuhyun said sarcastically. “I really want to see how evil her heart is.”

“Thanks.” Seohyun whispered ignoring Kyuhyun. They all looked at her nervously. She motioned for them to go off the stage as she put her microphone up to her lips.

“A strangled smile fell from your face. It kills me that I hurt you this way. The worst part is that I didn't even know. Now there are a million reasons for you to go.” Seohyun started off softly. Kyuhyun and Krystal were still glaring. Minho closed his eyes. Yoona and Kai started swaying back and forth together.

“But if you can find a reason to stay. I'll do whatever it takes. To turn this around. I know what's at stake. I know that I've let you down.” Seohyun sang with a little more passion as she got more into the song. Luhan could see her eyes tearing up. He wanted to hate her for doing that to Yoona, but he could feel the sadness and guilt coming from the song.

“And if you give me a chance. Believe it, I can change. I'll keep us together. Whatever it takes.” He could see Yoona mumbling along to the song too. He walked over and put his arm around her sending a glare to Kai. They moved back and forth to the movement as they watched in awe.

“I'll do whatever it takes. To turn this around. I know what's at stake. I know that I've let you down. And if you give me a chance. And give me a break. I'll keep us together. I know you deserve much better.” Seohyun had finally reached the chorus and Luhan could only watch with his mouth wide open as he watched the sweet, yet powerful notes escape her lips. The emotion from which she was singing was undeniable. He watched as tears slid down her cheeks, but her voice remained steady. He knew she was a good vocalist, but this was something else! He let go of Yoona as he took a step closer to the stage. He had never seen such a performance.

“Remember the time I told you the way that I felt. And that I'd be lost without you and never find myself. Let's hold onto each other above everything else. Start over, start over.” Luhan felt something wet on his hand and saw Yoona crying and Kai walked over to try to calm her down. Minho’s eyes were still closed, but silent tears were pouring down. Krystal just looked on in shock and Kyuhyun was still glaring covering his ears with his hands.

“I'll do whatever it takes. To turn this around. I know what's at stake. I know that I've let you down. And if you give me a chance. Believe it, I can change. I'll keep us together. Whatever it takes!” Seohyun sang out the last note holding it for so long that Luhan almost wanted to time her. As all the breath escaped Seohyun she collapsed on the floor in tears as a gigantic applause erupted form the crowd.

Yoona rushed up first and wrapped Seohyun into a hug while Minho, Seohyun, and Kai walked forward going in for a group hug. Luhan was about to walk toward them when he noticed one thing.

Kyuhyun was glaring with a calculating smirk. 

Okay so I have been on Vacation so I wasnt able to update and then it turns out AFF ATE my last ch so I'm this ch is just reuploded....

 

 

This ch is really sad cuz of Seohyun so be prepared.

And btw the song she sings is real and its call Whatever It Takes by Lifehouse

PS; I might not update in a while cuz school is starting soon and I have to get ready for my AP classes... but feel free to comment!!!