7 lives

To be loved

~Yoona~

"Unnie! Hurry! We have dance practice and you’re not even dressed adequately." Seohyun yelled.

"Coming." Yoona mumbled back. She looked into the smudged mirror in the bathroom. When people usually look into a mirror they look check their appearance and to fix their hair or makeup. Not Im Yoona. She looked trying to find what everyone else saw. Was her shield still up? Did it have cracks? Did it look like she was falling apart just like she was inside? She wanted to see herself from another’s perception and see if she looked like the broken dead person inside of her. Inside she was a torn, beaten, sad girl, but had an exterior of a cheerful, happy, and careless. She made that exterior so nobody who or what she really was. Nobody knew. Except maybe Seohyun.

“Unnie. Are you doing that again? I told you to stop. I really……” Seohyun came rushing in the bathroom when she didn’t hear a cheerful response.

“No. I told you I stopped.” She mumbled back and started washing her hands as Seohyun sighed in relief and walked out of the bathroom.

 Anybody who knew her would tell her she was breathe taking and beautiful. White smooth porcelain skin, thin red lips, and her doe eyes framed with think black lashes. Everyone wanted her or wanted to be her. Except her. Everyone wanted beauty and craved it. Paid for it and dreamed for it. She was willing to sell hers away. Beauty’s a curse rather than a gift was a life lesson she learned the hard way. What would she be without her face? Boring? Plain? Unwanted??? She rather be that than beautiful and a broken girl with her problems.

No, she was not supposed to be having these thoughts. Her life was perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Yoona silently chanted in her head. What is perfect? She had no idea, just that it was something she was supposed to be. She was the happy, bubbly, forever smiling Im Yoona. She wiped her hands on the bottom of her shorts and walked out to Seohyun.

“Unnie if you keep on scrunching your eyebrows like that you will get wrinkles and won’t be known as the “face” of Girls Generation anymore.” Seohyun chided.

“What if I don’t want to be that anymore?” She mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing. I was just wondering if there was any food left at the dance room fridge.” She said smiling trying to give off her usual choding charm. Food! Yes, food is yummy and faithful and doesn’t care what you look like.

“Are you sure you didn’t say anything? And yes, we have yogurt.” Seohyun said. This is why she liked Seohyun. She was willing to listen to you complain, but if you didn’t want to tell she wouldn’t pry. She was kind and quiet. A good friend.

As they walked toward the dance practice rooms they saw photographers in the window.

“Yoona!! Yooooona! Miss Im! Seohyun… YOONA!!! Please Im Yoona over here!” They shouted.

Seohyun grabbed her hand and started speed walking toward the dance room.

“Yoona! Is it true you are going out with Kyuhyun?? Yoona, what about Kai? You had quite a few scandals lately. Can you tell me about them? Is it true you are going to be on We Got Married with Minho? Are you having an affair with Kai?” Their robotic voices pierced her mind as she tried to force them out.

“Seohyun would you like to say something about Yonghwa? How are your studies going? I heard you got into Seoul College! Good for you!”

“Miss Im! What about Taecyeon? Is Kyuhyun really your ideal type? Are you having Kai’s child?”

She and Seohyun were walking trying to find the closest room to escape the words. She didn’t glance back, but let every sentence strike a spear through her heart. Did they care about her at all? Or did they just care about who was rumored to be dating her. Just as she reached the door she heard the last sentence and her jaw dropped. Seriously? She hadn’t seen Kai since the concert last month and how the heck did they think they had a child together. She was about to turn around a yell at the reporters, but Seohyun yanked her into the closest room they could find.

“Unnie, ignore them. They are just waiting for you to snap.” Seohyun soothed.

“I know but they make me so annoyed!” Yoona hissed as she jumped up and down like a little kid throwing a fit. She pouted and tapped her foot impatiently.

“Choding that’s a really attractive look.” They heard a laugh and turned around with wide eyes.

~Kai~

“Choding.” He repeated again. He laughed mentally at the sight of Yoona turn around with horror in her wide eyes. She looked so freaked out. It was kind of cute. He looked at her with her loose cut off shirt and short compression shorts. Her pink blushing cheeks and doe like eyes kept avoiding him. He liked teasing her, becuase she had the funniest reactions.

“I……” She stuttered. Still no eye contact was made.

“I heard a reporter ask if you were having my child.” He teased. “You should be honored.”

“Whh.. Whaa… what? Why would I want your kid? He would probably… probably be like you! Ew! I hate you Kai” She gasped. He laughed out loud this time.

“Pretty defensive Yoona. A little too defensive.” Kris smirked next to him.

“Yoona? Do you really want my child that much? I think I remember you saying that when you were drunk at Tiffany’s birthday party” Kai chuckled. He didn’t know why he was doing this to her only that it was happening.

“I did that because you said you dared me to drink it! It was your fault!” She grumbled. She’s stubborn Kai thought.

“Whatever. Reporters conclude their own hypothesis without even checking their sources or facts.” Seohyun sniffed.

“You should stop teasing her Kai.” Luhan murmured. “We have to practice.” Yoona looked at Luhan gratefully and slowly backed out of the room.

“Right. Bye Yoona!” He shouted. When she failed to respond he walked back to her and poked her. “Say bye to your baby daddy!”

“Ugggg! You.. you…. I… you…. Uggg…. I…” She sniffed her black wavy hair fell over her face like a curtain. For once Kai wondered if he had gone too far. Her thin shoulders were shanking and she covered her face with her hands. He looked at his group members for advice. Seohyun looked slightly frustrated, Kris looked like he might laugh, Lay looked board, Luhan looked like he might hit him, but the rest looked bewildered.

. What do I do? He thought.

“Yoona. I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean it.” He said patting her shoulder awkwardly. “I just thought…” Then he realized she was shanking we laughter not tears. “Aggg Yoona! I apologized for nothing! You … are really a choding!”

“Don’t worry my baby daddy! You deserve that for teasing me and you should know I’m ammazzzinngg actress.” She teased and blew a kiss and ran off with Seohyun.

“She definitely got you.” Sehun said laughing.

“You should be nicer to her Kai.” Luhan said.

“Let’s just get back to dance practice.” Lay said with his usual emotionless face. Dancing the one thing he was good at. He agreed and the music started again. He made sure his moves were precise and fluid at the same time while he gave a y grimace. Kai knew how to do one thing. Dance. He had to be the best at that. Without dancing what else did he have? He remembered Yoona’s flushed cheeks. Maybe they could dance together one day.

~Seohyun~

She was interminably going to be apprehensively envious. In other words she was jealous. Really jealous. She glanced at the epitome of her feelings. Feelings that she usually never felt about anyone let alone someone as close to her as a sister. Im Yoona. A perfect girl. With a perfect figure, face, and personality. She was something Seohyun desperatly wanted to be. Perfect. Okay well not perfect, she had one tiny problem, but it could be easily fixed. Seohyun never understood why Yoona never fix her problem.

“Kai is so weird.” Yoona mused as they walked into our correct practice room.

“Yeah.” She just agreed. What else was she supposed to do? Tell her how much she wanted to be her? To have guys fall at her feet? To have her name headlining on the news. To have practically every guy say she is their ideal type. Well, all she wanted was to have a certain guy like her. A guy who might never like her back. Who for all she knew like the perfect looking girl mixing strawberry, banana, and blueberry yogurt next to her.

“That is so gross.” Yuri said giggling poking the bowl with her finger.

"You can't mix those different brands of yogurt together Yoona. They are a different density. You better eat it all now. They are like a solvent and solute being mixed together except they don’t dissolve, so they will inevitably separate" She said. The rest of the members just stared at her and started poking the mixture with spoons.

“It’s actually really good.” Sooyoung said grabbing a spoonful.

“You two would be the ones who like it.” Jessica said rolling her eyes.

“It’s really really good Unnie! I mean not as good as ice cream, but still okay. I mean it’s still better than all the food you cook. ” Yoona said sly smile and full. Seohyun wanted to reminded her to eat with closed, but for all she knew guys would think it’s cute. They always thought whatever Yoona did was cute. Why did SM want her to pull off the innocent smart girl image? She wanted to be noticed. Like Yoona was. She sometimes she didn’t want to study, but SM wanted at least one member who was mentally advanced. She wanted to be someone. Someone that HE would notice. Not just a girl that tutored him from time to time. Or a label mate. Or even a friend. She hadn’t even gotten to friend mode yet and probably never would.

“Yah! Im Yoona! My cooking is delicious and you know it! You eat all of it!” Jessica yelled back and chased Yoona around the room.

She despised Yoona. A girl who was supposedly her best friend. Who was Yoona really? An immature girl who happened to live inside a body of a goddess. Seohyun wasn’t impressed. She tried to be friends with Yoona. She really did, but HE made it impossible. No, she should feel bad for her friend who had problems. Seohyun tried to help Yoona with her problem, but Seohyun never understood whey Yoona did that. Yoona had such a perfect life why would she do that?

Every time he walked past without a word. A slit on the wrist. He talked to another girl, laughed, sang or had to do anything with another girl. A knife to the stomach. When he said his ideal type was Yoona over her. A gun to the head. The worst part is that he didn’t even know he pulled the trigger.

~Luhan~

He was sweaty. He looked like a sweaty sixteen year old boy right now. He definitely did not want to see her at this moment. Well he could change the sweaty part, but never the sixteen part. He guessed no matter what he would always look sixteen. He really liked her. He never really liked someone before. He wondered if Yoona knew how much he liked her. She was kind, talkative, and always amused him. She was every guy’s ideal type, but didn’t want to be. She was humble, nice, and perfect. That’s something she hated. Being called perfect. In one of the quick small conversations he had with her she once told him that it was hard trying to maintain her look, because everyone expected to be perfect. But he liked her because of her flaws.

That was the one time she let down her guard and told him about her not wanting to be perfect…. Well she was drunk at Tiffany’s birthday and never remembered any of it later, but it was something at least. He still remembered how mad he was at Kai for getting her drunk and always teasing her about it later. He remember how fast his heart beat and how nervous he was when Yoona staggered and fell on the couch next to him.

Luhan remind himself he was an introvert. A quiet boy who was never first at anything. Best dancer of Exo M? Lay. Luhan is second though. Best singer? Chen. But Luhan is okay too. Face? Kris is hot, but baby face Luhan is cute. That is what was constantly said by fans all over the world. Why would Yoona like him?

He watched his other members walk back half dead to their dorm and he wondered if he would see her, but they got message to go to the SM office. They all glanced at each other nervously. Going to the office could be like going to heaven or hell.

“Were you doing your crazy wushu thing again and break something?” Chen interrogated Tao.

“NO!”

“A comeback?” Sehun asked.

“No. We barely debuted.” Suho shook his head.

“Did someone die?” Xiumin asked.

“Probably.” Lay answered with a board expression. We stopped at the door. We looked at each other. Kai opened the door. Inside we saw almost all the SM groups sitting around a long table with their groups. We sat down and I immediately started to try and wipe the sweat off as I saw Yoona at the end of the table looking perfect as always laughing and eating some gross colored mush out of a bowl with Sooyoung.

“The babies are here! We can start now!” Taeyeon said.

“We aren’t…” Sehun started but got interrupted by Kyuhyun.

“So why are we here?”

“Good question.” Lee Sooman answered as gigantic chair at the front of the long table swirled around as the head of SM glared at us. Everyone flinched and shot glances at their members to try and see who made the mistake. I looked at Kai. What if the rumors about him and Yoona were true! If she was pregnant with his baby! Maybe that’s why he called us here! Do they like each other? No. She is mine. Well not yet, but maybe she will be. Just occasional glances at her made him nervous. Lee Sooman cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention. Once everyone looked at him he looked at us with grave eyes and said with an ominous tone. “Seven of you will be leaving your groups. Maybe forever.”

We all look at each other in shock. Wait what? What if he never saw Yoona again? It was funny how his first thought was her. He looked at her looking around her eyebrows scrunched up and glanced around nervously. How could Lee Sooman do this! He was finally getting closer to her.

“Just kidding! Not forever!” Lee Sooman laughed. “Haha! You guys believe everything!” He guaffed as we all glared at him. I almost had a heart attack! Luhan thought. He glanced back at Yoona who was smiling and calmed down. He wouldn’t have to leave her now. He would still see her. Like an idiot Luhan grinned. “Since we have had so much success with our new EXO debut, Shinee and F(x) comeback that we decided we could do something fun for a change. We decided seven of you all together will make a new temporary group to show off some of the songs off the albums that were great, but we never promoted.”

Taeyeon smiled and nodded thoughtfuly. “That will be a really great way to bring more promoting to the groups and show we have other great songs on the album that were not our title tracks.”

“Who will be in the group?” Siwon asked.

“Well we haven’t decided, but agreed there should be about at least one of you from each group. To make it even more interesting we decided to make multiple groups of seven that can be eligible to become the group. We will decide which group will become the promotional group after all the groups perform a song together at the next concert. This way we can get the best group and see what the crowd thinks of mixing members.”

Smart idea. This way the easily find the best group and find what the people want. Luhan thought. Maybe I can be in the group with Yoona. The thought made him shiver.

“How we will decide who our group members will be?” Kai asked looking at Yoona. Yoona noticed and blushed. Wait. What? She likes a loud jerk like Kai? Luhan glared at Kai. If she likes someone like Kai, Luhan was in trouble. He was an introvert that was almost too nice to people.

“Why Kai? Got someone in mind?” Donghae laughed noticing him staring at Yoona.

“Maybe.” Kai said but this time looked at Victoria. Kai is such a playboy. Luhan thought silently thanking God Kai didn’t seem serious about Yoona.

“Your groups will be chosen by the seats you sat down in. Look under the chair and find the people with the same color paper. Don’t switch papers! We have a camera in the room.” Lee Sooman said while everyone looked under their chair. Scrapes, gasps, and squeals were heard and they removed the papers from the bottom of their chairs. He looked at Yoona holding a paper with a blue star in her hand. Blue star. Blue star. Blue star. He chanted softly in his head as he grabbed the paper and flipped it over. It was………. A blue star! Yes! He felt he could have hugged everyone in the room and ran up a mountain while reciting the dictionary. Then he noticed something. Kai had a blue star too.

My review: YAY first chapter. I feel like this ones okay. A lot of stuff happens so I hope its not tooo confusing. Anyyywayy I started this chapter with Yoona b/c she is my ultamite fav in like all of kpop. Its not because she is pretty or a good dancer, but she has the most anties and is able to still be strong and deal with them. Anyway in my story Yoona is dealing with people just caring about her looks and bashing her all the time. She is going through a looott of hard stuff and haters so she is mildy depressed. Kai is the second character. In my story he is a dancer. A really good dancer that is a little arrogant and likes to tease people. Seohyun is the smart confident slightly mean girl. (I loooveee seohyun, but eveystory has to have a bad guy rite?) She envies Yoona without even thinking about what Yoona has to go through. And Luhan :) hehe my fav in Exo. Luhan a quiet kind person in this story who is crushing on Yoona..... well i dont want to spoil the rest so u guys gotta wait :) Oh and i hope this sub group thing isnt a wierd story line...  Yay sorry im new at this so write the stuff i should fix. ..