17

Always With You

 

So I caught a very bad disease called ‘writers block’ with a side of ‘laziness’. But thank goodness I’ve been cured, but doctors say there’s still a possibility that it could come back. Please show you care by commenting on my story below~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very lost Sandeul walked down the halls of the hospital with a bowl of warm japjae and a carton of banana milk in hand. Every hallway looked exactly the same to him. After a good few minutes of walking up and down the many hallways, he found a sign that led him to the emergency operating room. He breathed out a sigh of relief when he found Sang Hee sitting by the room.

She, however was asleep. He hesitated walking up to her, but went ahead and tippy toed next to her and placed her dinner beside her. He snuck a glance at her before leaving, but noticed a strand of hair was in the way of her face. He gently brushed away the strand and whispered, “I promise I will always look out for you.”

She twitched a little bit. Surprised, Sandeul snapped his hand away and made a break for it. He already made it half way out of the hospital. “Phew, thought I was gonna get caught. Now….where do I go?” he was lost again.

---------------

“Umma, I’m home.” Sandeul shouted to the kitchen of their restaurant. He walked into the kitchen to grab his apron and ordering pad. He was about to walk back out when his mom pulled him back.

“Did you give her the food? How is she? Did anything happen?” his mom spat out all at once.

“I uhh…didn’t get to talk to her.”

“What?! Why?”

“She was asleep…” he put on his apron.

Mrs. Lee patted his shoulders. “Well you better check up on her after your shift, araso?”

“Yes.” He took a few plates that his dad finished preparing and went out to deliver them to the tables. He placed the plates down in front of a couple. They were laughing, having a good time on their date. Sandeul couldn’t help but be a little bit jealous.

Just then, out the window Sang Hee was running by crying. Sandeul noticed right away; on instinct he started to run after her but stopped outside the restaurant. He held a tight fist while just watching after her. “Can’t go to her now.” He forced himself to turn around and go back to work.

--------------

“I do believe, believe~”

Sang Hee’s eyes opened upon hearing her phone ring. Her hand searched around for it on the bed until she finally got a grasp on it and brought it up to her face.

‘Duckie Calling’

She ignored the call and tossed her phone to the side. Gingy scooted up to her face and started her. Sang Hee started to pet him but then felt a tingling pain on her hand, “Ow.” she looked. She sighed when she remember what had happened.

A small tear rolled down her cheek. Gingy began whining with her. She hugged him tightly, “I know Gingy, we’re all alone now.” More tears fell as they laid there.

An hour passed before Sang Hee decided to get up. She checked for the time, it was already too late to get ready and make it to school on time. She looked down at Gingy, “I didn’t want to go today anyways.”

Knock knock. They both jumped when there was a knock on the door. ‘Who would come here at this time?’ Sang Hee made her way to the front door, tip toeing around the broken fame that was still there to the camera. Right away she noticed the same bright face that always followed her.

‘Why doesn’t he give up?! Gah!’ she turned the camera off and started to leave.

“Sang Hee, please open up.” She froze. “I know you don’t want my help but I just want to make sure you’re ok.” She bit her lip, feeling the same guilt she felt before. But she kept her ground and left to her room.

-------------

“Yo fool, pick up your phone!” Ae Cha’s voice boomed from Sang Hee’s phone.

Sang Hee was sitting on her bed with Gingy next to her, both just stared at the phone; she refused to talk to anyone right now. It’s been 2 days since her mom had passed. Her heart still hurt and she wasn’t ready to tell anyone or see anyone.

 From her room, she could hear a faint knocking at the front door. She already knew it was Sandeul, he was the last person she wanted to see. Not that she hated him, but more of she didn’t want him to see her so weak and actually needing somebody.

She ran her hands through her messy hair, frustrated about what to do next and how to make it on her own.

Outside her apartment door was Sandeul, waiting with a bowl of japjae. He stood staring at the door for a few minutes. His head dropped in disappointment, then placed the bowl down on the floor out of the way with a pair of chopsticks. He reached into his backpack for a piece of paper and pen. He quickly scribbled something on it before sticking it under the bowl and headed for school.

Sang Hee waited a couple of minutes before looking out her window to see Sandeul leave. Her heart wanted to go after him but her pride didn’t want to just give in. A scratching noise came from her door, Gingy was trying to go out. She put his leash on and they both went out the front door, but she saw the bowl Sandeul left. She picked it up and saw the note as well.

 ‘Please call me, I just want to know if you’re ok. –Sandeul’

She frowned, she ruined things between them yet he still comes after her. She found it quite annoying still but then again, she knew she did need him. She walked back into her apartment and quickly put the bowl on the table then took off with Gingy for his walk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Sorry this is kinda a short chapter as well, but don’t worry things will be better from here on out~

Thank you for those who comment and subscribe! It gives me motivation and makes me happy ^^