14

Always With You

 

I’m alive!!!! Sorry I was super lazy and I have the next 3 chapters written but I was too lazy to type them up…..anyhoo I will have the next one up tomorrow and the next one the day after that ^^. So hopefully that will make up for….well you’ll see….

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door to Sang Hee’s room flew open and stopped with a loud thud against the wall. Slipping across the hardwood floor, Sang Hee rushed to kitchen where she thought she heard the crash come from. When she stepped towards the kitchen area, her heart stopped. “Umma?”

There on the kitchen floor was Sang Hee’s mom. Shattered plates surrounded her and a piece had made a small cut on her arm. Gingy howled and paced around her body. Sang Hee took a step towards her mom. Her body was shaking in fear when she saw how pale her mom was. As she took another step closer, she could hear the shortness of breath. She froze again. ‘What do I do?’ she started to panic. But something came to her right then, “Phone!”

She ran back to her room. She tried to pick up her phone, but she was shaking so badly that she dropped it. She grabbed it again with both hands so she wouldn’t drop it again. Her thumb shook fiercely as she dialed 119, never would she have thought she needed to dial this number, well not this soon anyways. She brought the phone up to her ear.

“Hello, what is your emergency?” her voice was lost. “Hello?” Tears started forming before she could find her voice again.

“M-my umma. She…she fell in the kitchen. She’s passed out.”

“Is she breathing?”

“Yes, but her breath is short.”

“Ok. Is she hurt at all?”

“She got a cut...on her arm.”

“Do you know how she got that?”

Even though the person only asked a few questions, they were frustrating Sang Hee. “Listen, I don’t know!” Tears were streaming down her face. “I was in my room when she fell, I don’t know what’s wrong with her I just want someone to help her! Please!”

“Ok, just stay calm and give us your address so we can send an ambulance.”

She hung up after giving her address and was informed that the ambulance would arrive shortly. In the mean time she and Gingy sat by her mom’s side at a distance. Sang Hee was too scared to touch her mom. Gingy whined the whole time until they finally heard the sirens of the ambulance.

--------------

‘She’s going to be ok. She’s going to be ok.’ Sang Hee kept repeating to herself as she waited outside the emergency room.

“Kim Sang Hee?”

She shot up out of her chair upon hearing her name. She rushed over to the doctor. “Is she ok?”

“She’s doing fine, and is awake right now.”

A heavy weight lifted off Sang Hee. “Omo, I’m glad.”

“But we are very concerned about her fall. She has bruises everywhere and the cut on her arm is small but she had excessive bleeding from it.

She felt some of the weight come back. “She did?”

He put a calming hand on her shoulder, but she flinched away. “It’s nothing to worry about right now, but we are going to keep her for another day to run some test. Will that be alright with you?”

She nodded.

“Alright, you can see her now.”

She wasted no time to see her mom. She ran straight into the room, “Umma?”

Her mom looked over to the door from her bed with weary eyes. “Sang Hee.” She reached out her arms and Sang Hee flew right into them.

Sang Hee started crying, “Umma, do you know how worried I was? I told you to see a doctor and you didn’t listen!” she squeezed her mom.

Her mom rubbed her back. “I know; I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to worry you. But I’m fine now.”

“The doctor said they’re going to do some testing on you.” Sang Hee looked up with a face drenched in tears.

“They’re probably going to just tell me that I’ve been stress, there’s nothing to worry about.”

Sang Hee can still hear the shortness in her breath. She looked into her mom’s eyes and could see the sickness in her, only she didn’t know what it was. “Are you sure?”

“I promise, nothing bad is going to happen.”

-------------

               “Sang Hee are you alright? Please call me back.”

               “I’m really worried about you, please, please, please call back?”

               “Is everything ok? You’re not at school and it’s making me worry a lot.”

Sang Hee made it through her list of voice mail from Sandeul. “This boy, really.” She deleted them all after listening to the last one.

               ‘Yeah I’m fine. I’ll be at school tomorrow.’

She sent a quick text before leaving for the hospital. As she was locking the door, a gloomy feeling came over her. She swallowed nervously and tried to brush it off. “Nothing bad is going to happen. Umma has just been under a lot of stress.” She told herself; still the feeling did not go away. She walked the rest of the few blocks telling herself the same thing.

She quietly walked into her mom’s room, seeing she was still asleep. She took her mom’s hand into both of hers. Her mom twitched slightly before opening her eyes.

“Oh Sang Hee! Why aren’t you at school?”

“I wanted to make sure you’re going ok.”

“I’m feeling a little better, not that I’m done being poked at.” She joked.

“Did they take a lot of blood samples?”

“No, but I still hate the needles.”

“Aaa.” She nodded.

A soft knock on the door caught both their attention. The doctor from the night before let himself in. Sang Hee noted his sorrowful expression and the gloomy feeling from before became stronger.

“Well Ms. Kim, after running our test,” he paused, looked at Sang Hee with concerned eyes, then looked back at her mom. “Unfortunately, your test results are positive for acute leukemia.”

Both their jaws dropped. “What?!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you totally hate me! I cried writing this!!!! Anyways just warning you now I am NOT a doctor so forgive me if some info is not very accurate.