11

Always With You

 

 “So yesterday, you won this phone,” Sang Hee’s mom pointed to the brand new cell phone on the kitchen table, “and this couples phone charm,” she pointed to it, “this backpack,” point, “AND this couples shirt by entering a couples contest with Sandeul-ah?”

Embarrassed, Sang Hee nodded with her hand covering her blushing face. ‘Oh gosh umma, please don’t make me explain it again.’

Her mom was quiet and nodded her head in understanding. She sudden threw up her arms then wrapped them around Sang Hee, “Awe I always knew you liked him and now you guys are a couple! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

“WHAT!?!” Sang Hee snapped. She struggled out of her moms embrace, “You are SO misunderstanding here! We were only walking by and they ASSUMED we were a couple! I never said I liked him!” her face was beat red and stomach once again had butterflies. ‘Tah! Why won’t this feeling go away?!’

Her mom’s mood died and she pushed Sang Hee away this time. “Well then, I’m not happy for you.”

Sang Hee rolled her eyes. ‘Crazy person! Psh, I wouldn’t like him in that way….right?’ she shook her head. ‘RIGHT! He’s just a friend.’ She glared, but then she noticed something on her mom’s arm. She gently took her mom’s wrist and turned it to get a better look at what it was. “Umma, is this another bruise?” she looked up at her mom with deep worried eyes.

Her mom took her arm back, “It’s nothing sweetie. I’ve been really stressed that’s all.”

“Stress doesn’t cause you bruises. And you’ve been super tired lately, taking 4 naps in a day!” her voice became more strict.

“Sang Hee calm down, ok. I’m just getting older and that’s what age does to you.” She rubbed Sang Hee’s arm in attempt to comfort her.

But it didn’t work too well. “Umma, please go to a doctor or something. I’m worried for you.”

Her mom sighed. “Well if you are really that concerned then I will.”

“Ok. Thank you.”

Her mom kissed the top of her head then left to cook dinner. “Well that saves me time and money to buy you all those things now.” Sang Hee heard her mom say from the kitchen, she smirked. She rested her elbow on the table and leaned her head on her hand. She picked up the TV remote, and clicked the on button.

The news had flashed on for a quick weather report. “Tonight’s weather will be fantastic for any late night outing! No signs of any clouds and tomorrow’s temperature…”

Sang Hee got an idea. She picked up her phone, looking through her 3 contacts, Ae Cha, Baro, Sandeul. She clicked on Sandeul’s name, an empty text box popped up and she began texting him.

----------------

Sandeul was at his desk, busy editing his lyrics. Bring~ He hear a ringtone go off. He looked up and side to side looking to see where the noise came from. Then he saw his phone light up from his night stand. A little confused he grabbed the phone; he nearly dropped it when he saw it was a text from Sang Hee. He took a deep breath, “Calm down Sandeul, it’s just a text.” Still his heart raced. He slid open the screen to his inbox.

               ‘Hey, let’s meet up outside your house.’

He brighten up and spazzed like a little school girl. “Aaa eotteoke?!” his held onto his heart. After a few seconds he cleared his throat and put on a poker face as he texted back.

               ‘Sure, when?’

----------------

Bring~ Sang Hee jumped when her ringtone went off. She read the text, smiling to herself she texted back.

               ‘Five minutes.’

She bolted out of her chair to the bathroom. She quickly fixed up any stray hairs and checked for any noticeable blemishes. ‘Wait. Why am I doing this?’ She ran out the bathroom to the kitchen. “Umma I’m going out!”

“What about dinner?”

Sang Hee was already halfway out the door. “Not hungry!” she yelled before shutting the door behind her. Gingy whimpered as he saw his master leave without him again. Her mom peeked out from the kitchen. “Wow that was fast.”

---------------

Sandeul was faster this time in receiving the text. When he finished reading, he looked at his watch then ran his hand through his hair. “Oh!” he ran out of his room.

“Hyung! Play with meeee~!” Min Ki latched himself onto one of Sandeul’s leg.

“Tah, Min Ki I’ll play with you later!” he tried to shake him off, but the boy had a tight grip on him. Sandeul groaned as he dragged Min Ki along to the bathroom. Sandeul fixed his hair, sniffed his clothes to make sure they didn’t smell, put on some deodorant, and checked that he had nothing in his teeth.

Then dragging Min Ki with him to the front door he called out to his parents. “Umma, appa, I’m going out for a little bit I’ll be back.” He looked down at Min Ki. “Yah, please get off my leg.”

“But hyuuuung, you promised you would play with me.”

“I will when I get back.”

“You promise?”

“I promise.” With that Min Ki finally let go of Sandeul.

-----------------

Sang Hee swayed back and forth on her feet outside the Lee’s restaurant. A few times she looked behind her at the door to see if Sandeul was coming, then would turn back and look up at the night sky.

“What’s with the sudden meeting?” she jumped when Sandeul had appeared behind her. He laughed at how easily scared she was.

She nudged him, “Yah, don’t scare me like that.”

He nudged her back, “Mianhae. So why did you call me out so late?”

“You’ll see, come on.” She winked at him and started walking in the direction to the park.

Sandeul tilted his head to the side as he watched her walk ahead, then shrugged his shoulders and followed her. Sang Hee led them to the park, but once they were there she continued to walk in a different direction. “Where are you taking me?” Sandeul asked.

Sang Hee didn’t respond, instead she picked up her pace. He scoffed, “Oh I see what you’re doing. Fine, don’t tell me.”

Sang Hee turned back to smirk at him. ‘Yeah that’s right.’ She continued on her route to wherever it was she was taking them. She went passed their usual bench, passed the small pond, and went down a grassy pass that went up a hill. The other side of the hill was steep except for one part that laid a little flat. She stomped her foot down on the spot. “Here.”

Sandeul looked all around, then back at her with a questioning look. “This is…”

“This is mine and Ae Cha’s secret hang out spot. Now I only, and I mean ONLY, take my friends to this spot to star gaze with me.” She sat down on the flat area and patted the spot next to her for Sandeul to sit.

He pointed to himself, “Me?”

She rolled her eyes, “Nooo, Baro who was standing behind you the whole time.”

Sandeul swung around. His eyes moved left to right but no sign of Baro. “Babo.” Sang Hee sighed. She got up from her spot and grabbed Sandeul’s shoulders and sat him down on the ground. She took her place next to him.

Sandeul looked up at the clear night sky, all the stars were shining brightly lighting up the sky to its dark bluish appearance. “Whoooa.”

Sang Hee smiled and looked up too. Both their eyes twinkled with the stars’ reflections. “I always come here when I feel down. Ae Cha would have to put up with my rants.” she laughed a little but then frowned. “Just looking at the stars helps me forget everything bad; my appa, the attack, Ae Cha moving.”

Sandeul’s gazed turned from the stars to look at Sang Hee sympathetically. “Don’t stop smiling.” He told her.

Surprised, she turned to him. “Huh?”

“You look so much more beautiful with your smile.” He gently reached over to tuck a stray hair behind her ear.

Sang Hee felt her heart bolt to speed. ‘I’m what?’ she blinked multiple times before looking away from his eyes. Sandeul kept his gaze on her and felt his heart race.

“I hope I can always protect you and bring that smile back to your face.” He swallowed nervously.

Sang Hee’s eyes found their way back to his and locked. “W-why are you saying that?”

“Because…” he leaned in towards her. Her heart almost felt like it was going to jump out every cm closer he came, until finally she felt it jolt when his lips ever so slightly touched hers. After a few seconds, or what seemed like forever to the both of them, he pulled back. “I like you.”

She was speechless. ‘L-like?’ her stomach exploded with flocks of butterflies. ‘Is this what this feeling is? Where is Ae Cha to explain this to me?!’ she was still frozen.

“Um…are…are you ok?” Sandeul waved a hand in front of her face.

She blinked a couple more times before she snapped out of her daze. “I…I…” she tilted her head in frustration, “I honestly don’t know how to feel right now.” She gave an apologetic look. ‘I don’t like him. I can’t, he’s my friend. An annoying friend, but a friend non the less.’

Disappointed, Sandeul looked down. Sang Hee felt guilty right away, “Sandeul, I didn’t mean to-“

“No,” he cut her off which surprised her. “I know you had a past with not trusting guys and you barely trust me.”

“I do trust-“

He held up his hand to her to stop her from talking. “I only told you because I don’t want to hide my feelings anymore. I wanted to let you know my feelings, and…” he paused for a bit, “I will also tell you that no matter how long it takes, or no matter what I have to do or say, I will wait until you return my feelings.”

Her eyes widen, ‘What side of Sandeul is this?’

“I will always be here for you.”

‘I’m so confused, why do I feel happy to hear this? Eotteoke?’ she finally broke away from their eye contact.

“How about this, we just keep going on like we normally do, I won’t force any answer from you.” Sandeul shone his toothy smile. Sang Hee couldn’t help but want to smile back.

“Araso.” They both nodded to each other.

Sandeul fell back on the soft grass and crossed his arms behind his head. “That felt good to finally let out.”

Sang Hee followed, but didn’t say anything more.

---------------

The door to Sang Hee’s room opened, she slipped her hand in to flip on the lights. She tossed her keys onto her desk and flopped down on her computer chair. The events of the night replayed in her mind. She touched where Sandeul had kissed her, the feeling his lips still lingered there. She shook her head. ‘Taaah what have you’ve done to me?’

She spun her chair around and wiggled her mouse to wake her computer up. As soon as she was logged on, the skype calling chime went off.

               ‘Sandeul is calling’

She rolled her eyes, “Now what?” she answered the call, “Yah, haven’t we talked enough tonight?”

He smirked as he waved to you. “I wanted to see your beautiful face one last time before I go to bed.”

She blushed, but covered it up with a good poker face. “Babo. What happened to the whole not forcing any answers on me?”

“I’m not! I’m only expressing my thoughts.” He gave a smug look.

“Whatever. Goodnight.”

“Wait-“ bleepbloop  Sang Hee hung up on him.

“Express your thoughts now.” She mocked. Just then her phone lit up. She slid the screen open.

               ‘Goodnight~’

She shook her head again. ‘Just when you got less annoying, you hit me with this.’ She deleted the text without responding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:OOOOOOOOoo 2 updates in ONE week?! I know it’s so crazy it’s a miracle!! I know I totally copied the whole star gazing thing from my last story! But in my opinion, this one sounds so much better, dontcha think?

Don’t forget to comment and subscribe~!! And as for voting, so far Lee Joon and CNU are TIED!! If you want to vote, please go to my poll on my profile or find the poll in the last chapter. Thank you guys~ ^^