15 part 1

Always With You

 

Sorry, you guys should know by now that I never get my updates out as soon as I want to. Sigh. I get busy and/or distracted too easily, so now I’m just not gonna announce when I’m posting, I’ll just post. But I will say that I am going to try to go back to updating once a week and maybe if we’re lucky I can sneak in a few updates in between. Anyhoo please read on~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You little brat!” a blonde, scruffy, built man threw Sang Hee to the ground, causing her to hit her head on the hard surface. Another man, twice the size of the blonde one began kicking her in the stomach. Every kick felt harder, every punch more painful as she began to lose conscious. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You are my daughter and you will do as I say!”

“But you’re not my father.”

SLAM! Her father pounded his fist on the table.

She froze, unable to move in fear of being hit. She shook at the anger in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Umma!” her mom was lying on the kitchen floor with shattered plates surrounding her. Blood was pouring out form the cut on her arm. Sang Hee rushed over to check for her pulse; nothing. Her mom wasn’t breathing.

“Umma! You can’t leave me! You can’t!”

“You can’t!” Sang Hee shot up from her bed, breathing heavily. She searched around her darkened room, the only light in the room was coming from her clock that read 5:30 AM. She ran her hang through her hair as she let out a sigh of relief. “I was just a dream.” Gingy her hand in order to comfort her. She smiled at him and pet his head. “I’m alright Gingy.”

-----------------

She woke up to the same nightmare as weeks passed. Fear was beginning to take a toll on her to where she’d leave school early everyday to be with her mom in the hospital. Out of pity, the school allowed it so she could take care of her mom as long as she kept up with the work. Sandeul on the other hand was left out of that loop. As far as he knew, she had to leave for extra English classes, which he never believed but stayed quiet about it anyways. He hoped thought that she would eventually tell him the truth.

He rarely had any time with her anymore since the incedent. They would greet each other in class, maybe eat lunch together, but that would be it. She would always be at school early to work on homework so that never gave him the chance to walk her to school.

“Sang Hee, do you still have that English class today?” Sandeul slumped over the back part of his chair facing her. His eyes twinkled with hope.

“Yes. Why?” she was busy doodling.

He poked his two fingers together shyly. “Well we haven’t gone on a….date…in a while.”

Her pen stopped. Her stomach fluttered thinking of a date with Sandeul, but it was the last thing on her mind right now. ‘I have been neglecting him a little…’ she looked up from her doodle, “How about next week?”

His lips curved downwards, “You said that last week…”

His sad face built up guilt in her. ‘How does he do this?’ she sighed, “Ok, I promise next weekend we can go on…..a date.”

“Chincha?” he perked up.

“But nothing over the top or I’ll hit you again.”

He rolled his eyes. “Fiiine.”

-----------------------

‘Sigh. Here we go again.’ Sang Hee looked upwards at the tall building of the hospital. Walking through the halls gave her floods of mixed emotions: Sadness, anger, fear, lonesome. The same memory of events before lingered in her mind whenever she would visit her mom.

*flashback*

“You tested positive for acute leukemia.” The doctor said.

“What?!” Sang Hee’s eyes already began to water. “How can- No! She doesn’t!” she brought her hands to her face. Her mom tried to reach for her but she was standing too far.

“We were hoping it wouldn’t be this as well, but we’re going to see if treatments can help her.”

Her head snapped up. “HELP her? Not CURE her?”

“Sang Hee, let him finish.” Her mom was almost too calm for this news.

The doctor cleared his throat before he continued. Sang Hee crossed her arms as she sat down in a chair. “Yes, we can only help her since we unfortunately did not catch this sooner. We can only hope that treatment will work.”

A single tear fell from her mom’s eyes. Sang Hee on the other hand was more angry than sad at the moment. ‘Some great doctor, he can’t even help my mom out fully. What’s going to happen now? Why does it have to happen to her?’

“Thank you doctor.” Her mom’s voice was soft.

“You’re welcome Ms. Kim. We will get started on treatments as soon as we can.”

*end flashback*

She squeezed onto the door handle of her mom’s hospital room. Quietly she twisted the knob open and pushed the door open. Her mom laid in the bed peacefully.  Her face looked as if it had aged a few years in just a few weeks, her hair was already started to fall. Everyday seemed worst and worst.

“Umma I’m here.” She tenderly rubbed the back of her mom’s hand.

Her mom’s eyes opened painfully slow, “Oh, hi there.”

“How are you feeling?”

“Great!” her mom plastered a smile despite the pains. “Are you ok on food? How is Gingy doing?”

Sang Hee felt guilty, she hadn’t paid much attention to Gingy let alone her own self because she spends most of her days with her mom. “He’s doing ok…I guess.”

“You know, it’s ok to leave me for a day and do something for yourself. I bet Sandeul misses you~”

“Ummmma!” she sighed. “I shouldn’t have told you about us.” She had just barely told her mom that she and Sandeul were dating a few days ago but regretted it ever since because her mom would still about it.

“No no! it makes me happy. You need to bring him by.”

“Uhh…” she glanced another way. She didn’t want him knowing about this and meddling in like he always does. “He’s…busy…helping with…the restaurant! Yeah the restaurant…”

“Oh.” Her mom’s face grew sorrowful. “Ok. Well take some time today to go grocery shopping, ok?”

Sang Hee nodded. “I will.”

“And maybe you can sneak in my favorite candy?” her mom whispered.

They both laughed. “Alright I will.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the ending is kinda lame but I broke this up in 2 chapters again because it was way too long to be one. I still haven’t finish typing up the rest but I will have it up soon, no later than a week!