9

Always With You

Just warning you that this chapter kinda jumps around….forgive me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was dead silent as Sandeul brought Sang Hee up to his family’s apartment. Anger and relief whirled up in Sang Hee. Sandeul sat her down on the couch before sitting next to her. He tried to read her expression.

“Was that…”

Sang Hee nodded, not looking at him.

“Mian.” He looked down, not sure of what to say.

She let out a breath of laugher, “It’s not your fault. I don’t…I just don’t understand why now.” Tears started falling down her cheek. “Why does he show up now after so many years? And he has the guts to ask me that?” she buried her face in her palms.

He looked back at her with sad eyes, just watching her cry. He raised his arm going around her shoulders. His arm was close to hugging her but then…

Slam! The sound came from the front door. Sandeul jumped, pulling back his arm. His mom came running in. “Sang Hee-ya are you ok?” she pushed Sandeul out of the way to hug Sang Hee.

“Ummaaa.” He pushed his mom’s back slightly.

His dad followed, “Is everything going to be alright?” he too pushed Sandeul, but knocked him off the couch to sit next to his wife.

“Ow!” Sandeul’s face had landed flat onto the ground.

“Noona is here? Why is she crying?!” Min Ki ran out from his room hearing all the commotion. He step right on top of Sandeul, “umph”, and went straight to Sang Hee’s side. Sandeul glared and scrunched his nose at the boy.

Sang Hee laughed at all the concern she was getting. “I’ll be ok.”

Sandeul’s mom loosened her grip on Sang Hee. “I knew I had a bad feeling about that man when I saw him. so I warned darling here,” she patted her husband’s knee, “to watch out for him.”

“Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Lee….my relation is not good, at all, with him. I’m glad you saved me from that.” She put on her best smile for them.

Mrs. Lee’s eyes watered, and she tighten her hug again, “Anytime sweetie! If you ever need to get away from anything, feel free to come here anytime.”

Min Ki hugged Sang Hee, “Or if you just want to see me, you can come then too!”

Sandeul finally stood up and dusted himself off. “Yah, go do your homework!” he shoved Min Ki away from Sang Hee and took his place by her.

“Hmph!” Min Ki stuck his tongue out at Sandeul.

Sandeul raised his hand as if he was going to slap the little boy, “You little…” he mumbled.

“Anyways, we’re glad to have you over anytime.” His mom clapped her hands. “You are the first girl Sandeulie has brought over too!”

“Umma!” he whined, “Don’t say such nonsense.” He grabbed Sang Hee’s arm, “We’re going, bye.” He pulled her up and pushed her in the direction of the door.

“Oh? Bye Sang Hee-ya! Please come back soon and be careful!” she waved bye along with her husband.

“Thank you! Bye!” Sang Hee shouted back as she was being forced out the door.

Sandeul closed the door in one swift movement. “Phew!” he started walking ahead. “Sorry about my family. They can be very weird, saying such weird things.” There was no reply. He turned back; Sang Hee was still at the same spot by the door. “Sang Hee?” Cautiously he walked back towards her, but then noticed she had a huge grin on her face. She snickered, then started to break out into a full out laugh. Sandeul started laughing too.

Sang Hee was still laughing, she even wrapped her arms around her stomach from the pains of laughing too much. Sandeul was doing the same. After a few minutes of laughing, they both took deep breaths to calm themselves down.

She wiped a joyful tear away. “Your family is so funny.”

Sandeul pointed to himself, “MY family?”

She nodded. “Mm. That really cheered me up.”

“They did? Well as long as you’re happy, it’s fine by me.” He gave her a thumbs up. “Come on, I’ll take you home.”

“Thank you. Again. It’s actually nice to have a friend like you.” She shyly followed him.

He gasped, “You acknowledge that we’re friends?”

She nudged him in the ribs. “Yah, I’m not that heartless.”

“Araso.” He swung an arm around her shoulders.

She quickly wacked his arm off. “We’re not that close. You punk.”

“Aw fine.” He pouted.

---------------

Sang Hee let the door swing open to her room. She dragged herself to her bed and plopped down. She grabbed a pillow and hugged it as she laid down.

‘I want you to come live with me.’

‘Your appa called to see how you were.’

‘You are my daughter!’

She punched the pillow. “What do you want from me?!” she screamed, not worrying if her mom would hear her since she left for work. “You never wanted to be part of my life.” The pillow was punched again. “You hardly acknowledged me.” Punch. “You walked out on us.” Punch. “TAAAAHHHHH!” she repeatedly punched the pillow.

She tried to catch her breath after her session of punching. The pillow slumped down after its loss of puffiness. “Sorry pillow…” she hugged it. ‘Well that got a lot of frustration out.’

‘Come over anytime!’

‘Umma! Don’t say such nonsense!’

‘You can always come to see me.’

She smiled remembering the Lee family. ‘Never would have thought his family would be that cool. I can see where his protectiveness comes from.’

The Skype call chime went off. “Hm?” she tossed the pillow aside and ran over to the computer. Ae Cha was calling.

She sat down before answering the call. “Ae Cha!”

“Sang Hee~! Gurl I’ve missed you so much!”

“Me too!”

“Guess whaaat?” Ae Cha was practically jumping everywhere.

Sang Hee raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“Well first let me as you something, you have your last break in two more weeks right?”

“Uhh…yeah?”

“So do I! So guess what we’ll be doing?”

“We?”

“We’re going to Lotte World!”

“Chincha?!” Sang Hee’s month hung open.

“Yup! Baro has some tickets.”

Sang Hee was genuinely curious this time. “Baro? The guy you like?”

Ae Cha blushed a little bit. “The guy who is now my boyfriend!!!” she squealed.

“Wow, the poor guy.”

“Yah!”

“I’m just kidding!” She held up her hands in defense. “I’m happy for you.”

“You better be. Anyways, Baro has 2 extra tickets. You’re taking one and….hmm…how about Sandeul take the other?”

Sang Hee tapped her finger on her chin. “Hmm, I’ll ask him.”

“Perfect! It’ll be a double date~” Ae Cha squealed again.

Sang Hee’s eyes widen at her comment, “Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up! It’s nothing like that and it will NOT be a date! It’s more like a gathering of friends.” She glared at Ae Cha.

It was Ae Cha’s turn to hold up her hands in defense. “Alright, alright. ‘A gathering of friends’ then.”

“Good.”

Ae Cha rolled her eyes, “Thought you would have realized by now.”

Sang Hee cupped her ear and leaned in towards the computer. “What was that?”

“Nothing. Call me when you ask him, ok?”

“Araso.”

“Ok. I have to go now. Bye~”

“Bye.” They both waved tot eh screens and then hung up.

Sang Hee stood up and stretched, ‘Date? Psh. She’s out of her mind. It’s just purely a gathering of friends…for us.’ She nodded. ‘Yup, nothing else.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this ok? I hope so. I had a major writer’s block and then the site went down so I was even more late!

Anyways MORE IMPROTANTE NEWS! After this story, I’m really tied up in which story I wanna write next. I have ideas for 4 stories but I want you guys to pick which one I should write first and when I finish that one then I’ll have you vote again for the next one and so on. Thank you so much for doing this and thank you to all my subscribers! Love you all~ ^^ and please please PLEASE don’t forget to comment and tell me what you think!!

Vote here: