13

Always With You

 

               ‘I like you too.’

Sang Hee slumped down on her bed. ‘I did it!’ her breathing started to pick up. ‘Oh my gosh, did I really just send that?!’ she smacked the phone up to her face. “Ow!” while gently rubbing her nose where the phone had hit her, she took a sideways glance at the phone only to see the blank screen. ‘What’s taking him so long to respond!?’

----------

Sandeul had just brought his dinner back to his room and sat down at his desk while continuing to write away in his song book.

Buzzzz. He felt his phone go off in his pocket. He tilted his head to the side wondering why Sang Hee would text him now. Slowly he slid open the screen.

Then he froze.

-----------

Tap. Tap. Tap. The echo of her tapping her foot could be heard throughout her whole room. ‘Ugh. Why is he not responding? He wanted my answer and now he’s making me wait.’

“I do believe you, you, you.” Her phone started ringing. She checked who the caller was.

               ‘Ducky boy’

“Ah!” she threw the phone on the other side of the bed. ‘Why did I do that?’ she shook her head and answered the phone before it stopped ringing.

“H-hello?” she shyly answered.

“Um…Hi.” Although he was quiet, cheerfulness could be heard in his voice.

She cleared in attempt to clear her nervousness, “Why did you call me?”

“So….you like me too?”

“Babo, can’t you read?”

“Y-yeah. I just want to hear it from you.” She stayed quiet for a little bit. “Did you hang up? Hellloooo?” he called out to her.

“……yes.” She barely whispered.

“What?”

She rolled her eyes, “Yes.” She said again with the same volume.

“I still can’t hear you.”

“FOR GOODNESS SAKE YES! I LIKE YOU TOO!” she snapped.

“Aaa eotteoke?!” he said more to himself. “Is this why you were acting weird today?”

“Shut up.”

He laughed. “Mian.”

“But I just want to clear something up first.”

“Uhh…like what?”

“Just because I told you, I like you too,” she mumbled the last part, “doesn’t mean you can try to be all lovey dovey with me, I don’t really like that kinda stuff.”

She can already image him pouting when she heard his sigh on the other line. “Fine……but maybe….can I…..hold your hand?” he spat out.

“No.”

“Whyyyy? Pllllllease!! With a cherry on top?” aegyo pouring through his voice.

“……………………………F-fine.” She blushed.

“Yes!”

“Babo.” She grinned a little as she laid down on her bed.

Their conversation continued on into the night.

---------------

Sang Hee dragged herself out of bed, still being ultra tired. She and Sandeul had stayed up all night, just talking. She rubbed her tired eyes as she made her way to the kitchen. Gingy growled at her zombie state when she dropped his food outside his bowl.

“Sorry Gingy.” She yawned.

She slowly made her way out the apartment. Her head was still in a daze that she didn’t even notice Sandeul waiting for her outside the building.

“Sang Hee~! Whoa you look very tired.” He beamed.

She glared up at him. ‘How does this kid still have so much energy without much sleep? Wait-‘ “Why are you here?”

He rocked back and forth on his feet with hands behind his back slightly blushing, “I was hoping we could walk to school together…”

Too tired to care, she walked right by him. “Whatever.”

Sandeul lit up, and very sneakily bumped his hand against hers and intertwined their fingers. He let out a quiet dorky laugh. Sang Hee flinched but then remembered she did tell him he could hold her hand. She turned her head away to hide her blushing face as they continued to walk.

Sandeul gasped, “Is that rat?!”

Sang Hee eyes shot forward at the mention of rat. As she looked forward, Sandeul took the chance to lightly peck her cheek. “I was just kidding.”

Her blood began to boil from both anger and fluster. She yanked her hand away and planted a loud smack on Sandeul’s check. “BABO!” she stomped away.

He held the injured spot while crying in pain, but noticed her leaving and chased after her. “Wait! I’m sorry!”

-----------

“Are you ever going to forgive me? I said I was sorry like a thousand times!” Sandeul pleaded with Sang Hee at lunch time.

She scrunched her nose in anger. Without saying anything she got up moving her things to the piano. Sandeul followed, but stopped in front of the piano and rested his arms on the top of it. “What do I have to do for you to accept me showing my feelings for you?”

She refused to look at him, instead she plugged in her ear plugs then turned up her iPod. “You can’t expect me to hide my feelings. Hey!” he waved his hand in front of her but still no luck. He then went over to the other side of the piano. He turned her around and bent down to her eye level with a serious expression.

Sang Hee pull out her ear plugs to listen to his plead. “Ok, I will promise to tone it down a lot if you forgive me.”

She raised her eye brow at him. ‘That’s it?’

“And….and….I’ll make you jap chae for the next 2 months until we graduate.”

Her eyes brighten. She tapped her chin pretending to be thinking about his offer. “Well….I guess that can do, somewhat.”

“Really?”

“But you better not pull another stunt like that again. I told you I don’t like that kinda stuff.”

He sighed. “Yes I promise I won’t.”

“Good. Now, show me how to play the rest of 0330.”

Showing his toothy smile, he turned her back around and began his piano lessons with her.

---------------

“You told him like that?!” Ae Cha was furious with Sang Hee. “Text was not acceptable, every girl knows that!”

“W-w-wait a minute, give me a break! This is my first….” Her voiced died off.

“Crush.”

“Yeah! At least I told him.” Sang Hee crossed her arms in defense.

Ae Cha rolled her eyes. “I suppose. Still not happy about it, but then again, it’s you.”

“Hey! What’s that suppose to mean?”

“Nothing, nothing.” She waved. “Anyways I need help in choosing my outfit for my 1 month anniversary with Baro~”

“Alright, show me what you’ve narrowed it down to.”

“Ok!” Ae Cha quickly left, then a few seconds later came back with 6 different outfits. “This one I like but I don’t know if I’m digging the whole giant bow thing, but it would look great…” she rambled on.

Sang Hee was focused on what Ae Cha was saying until a small window in the corner of her computer popped up.

               ‘Sandeul is now online.’

She perked up seeing his name. She was starting to click on his name to call him but then she looked back at Ae Cha who was still chatting away about outfit number 1.

“Uhh…” She cut off Ae Cha and scanned the other outfits in the background, “I like that dress right there with those shoes.” She pointed.

“But-“ Ae Cha was taken aback at Sang Hee’s sudden interruption.

“I have to…uhh…” ‘Homework? No. Shower? No already did that. Uhhhh….OH!’ “I uhh, have to help my mom with dinner!”

“What? You don’t cook.” She raised an eyebrow.

“Kay bye!” She hung up and switched herself to invisible. She then clicked on Sandeul’s name to call him.

“This is weird, you calling me.” He smirked at her.

She kept on a good poker face. “Well, I have no one to talk to and I’m bored so entertain me.”

“Oooh ok. Well you’re in luck.”

“Why?”

“Because I finished a song.”

She thought for a moment, “Is it the one you showed me the other day?”

“Yeah. I finished the lyrics, and I want you to be the first to hear it.”

“Alright.” she smiled.

Sandeul moved his camera towards his keyboard. He placed his fingers on the keys and took a deep breath. He took in another one, then looked at the camera, “Don’t laugh at the lyrics!”

“Just play already.” She laughed.

CRASH! The sound came from outside Sang Hee’s door. She shot out of her chair in panic. “I have to go!” She exited out before he could see what’s wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do too many interruptions, gotta stop! But hey, another 2 updates in one week!!! I hope this really makes up for my long absence. Anyhoo please don’t forget to comment and subscribe! I love you all who have subscribed and welcome all new subscribers too~ you guys rock! ^^