3

Always With You

Sandeul stared at Sang Hee as she worked on the class work. He noticed a picture on her folder. “Is that your dog? It’s so cute.” Sang Hee looked up for a moment, then went back to work. He turned back to his work. A few minutes passed. He peeked over at her again. “Sang Hee, do you know the answer to this question?”

Sang Hee looked up with an emotionless face, “No.” she had already finished all the class work, but didn’t feel like helping him. She stared at the clock waiting for class to end

“Aw darn. I’m only stuck on this question.” He turned back to his paper. She felt a ping of guilt again. ‘Well…I guess I could-‘

Brrrring! The bell ended class. ‘Oh well.’ She was the first to pack up everything and leave. Ae Cha was waiting for her by her class. “Wow that was fast.”

“Yeah, yeah, let’s hurry!” Sang Hee was desperate to leave before Sandeul could catch up to them.

“My mom is making japchae today; you’re coming on a good day.” Ae Cha winked.

Sang Hee gasped, “Yes, my favorite!” she stopped. Ae Cha looked back when she noticed Sang Hee wasn’t by her. Sang Hee pouted, “Now I won’t be able to have your mom’s amazing japchae.”

Ae Cha walked back to Sang Hee and wacked her softly. “Yah, don’t make this more depressing then it already is.” They continued to walk to Ae Cha’s house.

They walked into Ae Cha’s house; boxes surrounded the place, the walls had already been cleared of all pictures. It seemed so empty, even with all the boxes. Both the girls sighed in sadness.

“Sang Hee-ya, it’s so nice to see you!” Ae Cha’s mother brighten the mood a bit.

Sang Hee bowed, “Thank you for having me over.”

“I made your favorite! Go on, it’s all done. You girls enjoy yourselves.” Ae Cha’s mom left, Ae Cha and Sang Hee made their way to the kitchen. Two steaming bowls of japchae waited for them at the table.

“Kamsahamnida!” Sang Hee shouted before diving into her food.

Ae Cha laughed, then dug into her own food. Both ate happily.

“Mmm, that was so good. That cheered me up.” Sang Hee rubbed her stomach, satisfied.

Ae Cha gave her a questioning look, “Cheered you up? What happened?”

Sang Hee glanced down at her empty bowl, took a deep breath, and sat up straight. “Yesterday…THAT man called.” She refused to refer to him as her father.

Ae Cha’s jaw hung open, “W-what? But this is…so out of nowhere.”

“I know. I don’t know why he suddenly called.”

“Did you talk to him?”

“Of course not! I’m not talking to someone who up and left me years ago and now suddenly wants to show interest.”

“How’s your umma?” Ae Cha’s eyes showed concern.

“Ok, I guess.” She ran her hang through her hair. “I sort of yelled at her.”

“I’m sure she understands.”

“Yeah…”

Ae Cha though for a moment. She snapped her fingers. “I know what will cheer you up!”

“Eh?”

Ae Cha ran out of the kitchen. Crash. Rip. Sang Hee looked in the direction of all the noise. ‘What is she doing?’

“Yah what are you doing?! I just packed those!” Ae Cha’s mom shouted.

“Mian!” she rushed back to the kitchen, holding something behind her back. “I was going to send this to you on your birthday, but now seems like a better time.” She revealed a signed U-Kiss album.

“Liafnha;oiehfaofjawifj! You didn’t!!!” Sang Hee spazzed out at the album of her favorite group.

“Yes I did, you’re very welcome.” She gave the album to Sang Hee. Sang Hee ran her fingers on each member’s signature.

“How did you get this?”

“I have my sources.”

“EBay?”

“….yes. But I paid a lot for it! You best be grateful!”

“I am! Gomawo!” she gave Ae Cha a hug. “Can we listen to it now? Pretty please?”

“Fine.”

----------------

The day was almost over, the sun was already setting. Sang Hee walked home admiring her U-Kiss photo book on the way. She opened the door to her apartment, feeling a little small dog jumping on her leg.  “Hi Gingy.” She pet her dog. “Umma?”

“In the kitchen.”

Sang Hee ran to show her mom what she got. “Umma look! Ae Cha got me a signed U-Kiss album for my birthday!!”

Her mom stopped her cooking to look. “Oh that’s so sweet of her, but your birthday isn’t until next week.”

“It’s an early gift.”

“Aw. Well good for you! Now take Gingy out before it gets too dark.”

“Araso.” She quickly changed out of her uniform and got a leash on Gingy.

“Be careful!”

“I will!” Sang Hee left the apartment.

Gingy was happy to be out on his walk. Sang Hee giggled at his chipper mood. They walked around for a little bit, taking a turn on a path that led to a small pond.

Quack. Quack. Quack! ‘Oh my gosh that sound is so annoying!’ Sang Hee stomped her way around half the pond. ‘Ducks are so annoying….like that Sandeul kid.” Gingy started pulling on the leash. He led her to a spot that was close to the sidewalk leading away from the pond.

Quack! Gingy found a small duckling, whose foot was stuck in the water drainage.

“Oh no.” Sang Hee kneeled down next to the baby duck. “You may be annoying, but no one deserves this.” She said to the duck as she gently pulled his foot out. “There you go.” She smiled at it. It cocked its head to the side. Sang Hee’s smile faded and she glared. ‘Yup definitely Sandeul.’ The duck got scared of her glare and waddled back to the pond.  

“Let’s go Gingy.” They both continued their walk. It was dark by now. They took another turn down an empty street. Sang Hee kept looking left and right, getting nervous at the emptiness. Normally they would walk down this path when there was still light and at least a few people around. But it was dark, and no one seemed to be nearby. ‘It’s ok, just walk faster.’

“Hey pretty lady.”  Sang Hee jumped when a guy quite larger than her appeared.

She dodged him and walked faster. “Where do you think you’re going?” another guy with blonde hair had stopped her. Her heart started racing. ‘Oh crap! Eotteoke?!’

She tried to walk pass him, but he blocked every step she made. “Please, leave me alone.” Her voice was low.

“Aw we just want someone to play with.” The larger guy came up behind her and her hair. She flinched away. Gingy growled.

“Yeah. Won’t you play with us?” the blonde reached for her face. Before his fingers touched her, Gingy bit his leg. “TAH!” he crouched down and slapped Gingy off his leg.

Gingy whimpered from the impact and was sent flying. “Gingy!” Sang Hee eyes widen. She pushed the blonde over and ran to Gingy. But she was pulled back by the larger guy. She kicked him in the balls. “AAA! You little!” He let go to hold the hurt area. Sang Hee took the chance to get to Gingy. She picked him up and took off.

She only took a few steps and was suddenly on the ground. The blonde had tripped her and had a good grip on her leg. She let go of the leash, “Run Gingy! Go home!” Gingy took off as fast as his little legs could take him.

Sang Hee looked down, with her free leg she kicked the blonde’s hand, but he didn’t let go. The larger guy came up to them and kicked her side. She curled up, holding onto where she was just kicked.

“You little brat!” The blonde got up and picked her up by the collar of her shirt. He threw a punch at her cheek. She spit in his eye. He threw her on the ground, causing her to hit her head hard. The large guy started kicking her multiple times.

------------------------

Gingy was still running and whimpering. He was suddenly stopped when someone had stepped on his leash.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Sandeul lifted his foot off the leash. “Wait, you’re Sang Hee’s dog!” he picked up Gingy and rubbed behind his ears. He looked around for Sang Hee. “Where is she?” Gingy whined while looking in the direction where he just ran from. Sandeul looked, nervousness rose up in his heart. “Wait here!” he tied Gingy to a bench and ran with all his might in the direction Gingy looked to.

He approached the dark, empty street. He couldn’t see anything at first, but he heard Sang Hee cry.

“Stop! Please stop!” He followed her voice. He stopped when he saw the two guys beating Sang Hee. He looked around franticly and found an old umbrella lying by a trash pile. He grabbed it and ran to the two guys. He swung the umbrella at the blonde who was back facing him. The blonde fell unconscious.

Sang Hee’s vision was blurring when the blonde had fallen. She tried to see who stopped him, but with one last hit from the large guy, she out.

“What the!?” the large guy saw what Sandeul did. He threw a fist to Sandeul’s gut. Sandeul fell back, but quickly got back up, despite the pain. He swung the umbrella again at the guy’s arm, but the umbrella broke. The guy laughed. Sandeul threw the broken umbrella to the side. He tried to throw a punch, but the guy dodged it and punched Sandeul in the eye. Sandeul tried to punch him again, but missed. The guy pushed Sandeul to the ground with his foot. He started walking up to Sandeul.

Sandeul wrapped his legs around guy’s leg and twisted, tripping the guy. He got up and kicked the guy in the guts. He bent down and hit the guy on the pressure point. Finally the guy was unconscious.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has to be the most intense writing I've ever done! Sorry idk how to really write out fights....

I want to thank all of my subscribers and all my loyal readers and commentors who have read this one and my Kevin story~ all of you guys are the best!! you keep me motivated to write kekeke ^^