4

Always With You

asjkdf;laskdfjas! I was listening to B1A4's album again this morning and of course I get stuck on Sandeul's solo like I did when the album first came out. Such a beautiful song~! anyways I realized some of it really matched my story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVG3-DIBN4 

it shall now be the OST of my story because its not one for a drama like it should be. ok now enjoy this lame chapter ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandeul was out of breath. He walked over to Sang Hee. He kneeled down and brushed her hair out of her face. There was blood running down her cheek, bruises were already forming where she was kicked. He carefully picked her up and carried her back to Gingy. He laid her down on the bench. Gingy her hand. Sandeul saw someone walking by, he ran up to the person.

“Excuse me, can you please tell me where the nearest hospital is?”

“It’s about three blocks that way.” The stranger pointed where he needed to go.

“Kamsahamnida.” Sandeul bowed. He ran back and untied Gingy, picked up Sang Hee, and left for the hospital.

A few blocks later, he made it to the hospital. He entered, but was stopped right away by a couple of nurses. “Sorry, but you can’t bring any pets in here.”

“Wait, please help her!” he begged.

The nurses rolled up a stretcher in front of him, he put her down. “What happened to her?”

“She was beaten unconscious by some guys.” He stayed close to her.

“Ok, what is her name?”

“Kim Sang Hee.”

“Are her parents or guardian aware that she is here?”

“No…I found her.”

“Do you have a number to reach them?”

Sandeul was getting slightly frustrated with all the questions, “I don’t, but please just help her and I’ll find her parents. They live close.”

“Ok, hurry back.”

He didn’t waste another second to leave. “I hope you know your way home.” He told Gingy. Gingy was already leading him to their apartment. It wasn’t long until they arrived at the apartment complex. Gingy still led the way up to their door. Sandeul knocked on the door until he heard it being unlocked.

“It’s about time you got home, I was-“ Sang Hee’s mother opened the door.

Sandeul bowed. “I’m sorry to bother you, but you need to come with me to the hospital. It’s about Sang Hee.”

Her mom started tearing up, her worst fears came true. “Is she ok?”

“I think she’s going to be alright, but I need you to come quickly.”

He gave her mom Gingy and they both went to the hospital. Once they were there, her mom was able to provide any other information the nurses needed. They were then led to the room where Sang Hee was. She was already cleaned up from whatever blood. A nurse was finishing up when the two came into the room. “Are you her mother?”

“Yes, is she alright?” her mom was on the verge of crying.

“Don’t worry, everything is fine. She was beaten pretty well though, so she will have some major bruising but nothing is broken. She was lucky she was found when she was.”

“Yes.” Her mom turned to Sandeul. “I can’t thank you enough for finding her. Thank you for watching out for Sang Hee.”

Sandeul nodded. The nurse was shocked at Sandeul’s swollen eye and scratches, “Are you alright? Do you want us to look at your eye?”

“Oh no, I’m fine. Thank you though.”

The nurse sighed. “Boys. Always trying to be tough.” She left the room.

Sang Hee’s mom bowed to Sandeul. “Thank you again. What is your name?”

“Oh, my name is Lee Sandeul.” He shook her mom’s hand. “I’m Sang Hee’s classmate.”

“Well thank you Sandeul-ah for saving her.”

All Sandeul could do was smile. “I’m glad she’s ok. I will be leaving now that she has you here.”

Her mom smiled back. “Ok. Please be careful and take care of your eye.”

He bowed and left the room.

-------------

Sang Hee’s eyes opened slowly. She blinked a couple of times before fully opening her eyes. She shot up from the pillow. ‘Where am I?’ she searched around the room. ‘A hospital?’ she saw her mom sleeping on her leg. She gave her a gentle shake. “Umma, wake up.”

Her mom twitched before opening her eyes. She rose up and saw that Sang Hee was awake. She hugged Sang Hee tightly. “Oh sweetie I’m so glad you’re finally up!”

“What happened?” Sang Hee couldn’t remember anything after she bumped into the two guys that attacked her.

“You were attacked by some mean people and you were knocked out. Thank goodness though, a classmate of yours found you and brought you here.” Her mom finally let go and sat back in her chair.

Sang Hee thought hard about the events of last night. “A classmate of mine?”

“Yes. His name was Sandeul. You should be grateful he found you in time before anything worst could have happened. The poor thingy, he was beaten pretty badly as well.” Sang Hee’s eyes widen. ‘Sandeul? He saved me?’

Just then, Ae Cha came bursting into the room. “SANG HEE!!” she hugged Sang Hee as if she came back from the dead. “Are you alright?! You babo, why didn’t you take a safer pass?!”

“Ow. Ow. Ow.” Sang Hee started feeling the pains from the bruises.

Ae Cha let go. “Oh sorry!” she pulled up a chair next to her mom. “I was so worried when you didn’t show up for school, and then I saw Sandeul was hurt and he explained to me what happened.”

Sang Hee didn’t know what to say. She just listened, but didn’t really react. Guilt came flooding to her at the thought of Sandeul risking his own life to save hers.  

“When do you get to go home?” Ae Cha asked. Sang Hee finally snapped out of it when the question registered.

“Uhh...I don’t know.” She turned to her mom.

“OH! The nurse said you were ok to leave as soon as you woke up and they check up on you.”

“Great! At least we can spend this last day together before I leave tomorrow.” Ae Cha said quickly.

Sang Hee blinked. “Wait. What did you just say?” she was hoping she heard incorrectly.

“If you’re leaving today then we can spend time together, before I leave tomorrow.” She mumbled the last part. But Sang Hee caught it.

“TOMORROW?! Wae?” She flinched in pain. ‘Is there anything else that wants to make my life worst? Come now while you can!’

“Mian. The company that hired my appa asked for him to move sooner. I was going to tell you at school, but this happened. I wish this wasn’t happening right now.” Ae Cha sighed. Sang Hee’s mom rubbed her shoulder.

Sang Hee crossed her arms and turned away, hiding the tears that were going to fall. “Me too.”

The nurse entered the room. “Hello Sang Hee-ya. How are you feeling.” She didn’t take note of the tension.

“Ok.”

“That’s good. Now we’re just going to do one last check up and then you’ll be free to go.”

“Thank you…”

-------------

The next day came faster than Sang Hee wanted it to. She slowly walked to Ae Cha’s place, not wanting to see her best friend off. In front of Ae Cha’s house was a moving truck and their car that were already loaded with all of the family’s stuff. Ae Cha walked out as Sang Hee was approaching.

“Thank you for coming.” Ae Cha hugged her.

She hugged back tightly. “Why do you have to leave?” she fought back her tears.

“I know. I don’t want to, but we’ll still be in touch!”

“You’re my only friend, and now I have nobody.”

Ae Cha lightly smacked the back of Sang Hee’s head. “Yah! You just have to open yourself up to people. And I’m just moving, not dying!” Sang Hee nodded and wiped away the tears that escaped. “We have to skype every night, araso?”

“Yeah.”

“Ae Cha, hurry up we have to go!” Ae Cha’s dad called out from the truck.

“Alright!” the two hugged one last time before Ae Cha got into the car with her mom. She rolled down the window. “Sang Hee, one last thing.”

“Hm?”

“Give Sandeul a chance.”

Sang Hee slightly nodded. The car then began to drive away. Ae Cha waved goodbye from the side of the window. Sang Hee waved back until the car was out of sight.

She sighed and kicked a rock that was by her foot. ‘Well I guess it’s just me now.’ She turned to walk back to her apartment.

She took her time walking home. On the way, she decided to stop by the park. The bench that she and Ae Cha normally sat at was occupied by someone. She started to turn around when she noticed that it was actually someone she knew. ‘He’s even over here?’

‘Give Sandeul a chance.’

She shook her head. ‘He did save me…it’s the least I could do I guess.’ She went in front of the bench and sat down next to Sandeul who was staring off in the distant.

He gasped when he saw it was Sang Hee who had sat next to him. “You’re out of the hospital already?”

She nodded. He smiled his bright toothy smile; she saw the dark coloring of the skin around his eye as well as some scratches. Her heart sunk in the guilt pool. She turned away, looking at the playground in front of them. A long moment passed by before she had the courage to speak up. “Gomawo.”

Sandeul was shocked she spoke to him. He looked in the same direction, “No problem.”

Just then, a small 6 year old boy came running to Sandeul. “Hyung, I like it here at this park!” his eyes shone with pure happiness. Sang Hee straighten up, ‘Hyung?’

Sandeul ruffled the boy’s hair. “I’m glad! I’ll bring you here often then.”

“You’re the best!” he skipped away.

“That little boy is your brother?” Sang Hee was amazed with how cute the boy was.

“Yeah.” He replied shyly, still shocked Sang Hee was still talking to him.

“He’s so cute, what’s his name?”

“Min Ki.”

“Aw, I wish I had a little brother to play with.” Sang Hee shocked herself with how much she was talking.

“We could hang out sometime and I’ll bring him so you can play with him.” he suggested, pushing his luck as far as he could while he had the chance.

She hesitated. ‘That boy is adorable. I guess I wouldn’t mind too much.’ She shook her head. “Yeah, that would be…nice.”

Some time passed in awkward silence. Sang Hee got up, “I’ll just…be going now.” She started walking away.

“I hope you feel better.” He said before she got too far.

She turned back, “Thanks.” Then headed home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 sorry if it moved so fast. I promise next chapter won't be lame!! ^^