The Team

It's A LEGIT Love Triangle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vXsOMMBXmc

 

The class bell ring signaling that classes were over.  Everyone dashed out of the classroom.  Hyejin was waiting for Hyunah to finish packing her things when the teacher called her.

"Hyejin-ssi, stay here," Mrs. Jung ordered.

"Ne?" Hyejin was befuddled as she turned to face the teacher.

"I'll explain once all of you get here," Mrs. Jung explained.

"But I have soccer practice," Hyejin reminded her.

"We'll discuss this, okay?" Mrs. Jung shot her a look and she sank into one of the seats in the front.

"I'll go ahead then, Hyejin," Hyunah announced.

"Eo, annyeong," Hyejin waved and Hyunah waved bye in return.

*Did I do something wrong?  I don't remember getting in trouble with anything, though.*

Two males came into the opened door and Hyejin looked up at them, "Oh.  Oppa, Myungsoo, why are you guys here too?"

"I don't know either," Sungjong shrugged as he sat beside Hyejin and Myungsoo sat on her other side.

Mrs. Jung looked up from her computer, "Good, you're all here."

All three of them looked at each other wondering what was going on so Myungsoo finally asked, "Mrs. Jung.... are we in trouble?"

"Something like that," Mrs. Jung answered which didn't help them any.  "You three have missed two days of school.  You guys are seniors.  Do you know how much work you missed?"

"I... guess a lot?" Hyejin answered while scratching her head.

"A week's worth of notes for underclassman.  You guys are graduating highschool soon.  That's not gonna be good," Mrs. Jung explained.

"Ssaem (informal name to call a teacher) I would LOVE to listen to you and get educated but they need me in the soccer field right now," Myungsoo tried to excuse himself as he slowly stood up.

"Don't worry this won't take long.  Sit back down," with that order Myungsoo sat down.  "Starting today and after a week, you three will be taking extra classes after school."

"Mwoh?!" all three of them shot up from their seats and was about to start protesting but Mrs. Jung beat them into speaking first.

"I understand that you two have soccer practice so you can take the class right after practice," Mrs. Jung explained.

"I have things to do too as a newspaper staff, Mrs. Jung," Sungjong informed the teacher.

"Oh, okay.  You three will take extra classes after those other school activities you have," Mrs. Jung explained.  "Now you can go."

All three of them sprinted out of the room.  They all didn't want to be there.

"Sungjong oppa, you have work to do for the newspaper staff too?" Hyejin asked while they were walking to the lockers.

"Anni.  I just don't want to go to class alone," Sungjong explained and Hyejin nodded.

-

Girls' soccer team and boys' soccer team were on the field together but on different sides.  Sungjong was on a bench with his camera on his hand checking out pictures that he took.  He suddenly heard the guys cheering and looked up to see what was all the commotion about.  He saw Hyejin sprinting with the ball and everyone on her team trying to steal it away from her.  Everyone can only have one chance to steal it.  Even though it was one against all, Hyejin was still looking advantageous.  Sungjong took shots after shot of her running and trying to get away from the other players.  She finally shot the ball into the goal and the guys went wild.

"Wah!  Hyejin daebak!"

"Yah!  Myungsoo your best friend is awesome!"

Of course, the first one that Hyejin looks for after making her incredulous win was the only person on the bench. He waved at her and Hyejin waved back in acknowledgment.

Sungjong pointed in his camera saying that he took pictures of her.  Hyejin pointed at herself to confirm if he took pictures of her and Sungjong nodded.  Hyejin beamed then sent him an okay sign and Sungjong sent her an okay sign as well.

"Wah~ I'm so jealous.  Why did she pick him over us guys?" one guy from Myungsoo's team asked seeing the exchange between the couple.

The guys got back practicing and Myungsoo noticed that the coach kept glancing at the bench where Sungjong was.

*He's really desperate to get Sungjong.  I'll talk to Sungjong about that later.*

The guys were split into two teams and were playing against each other.  While playing, however, an accident happened.  Daehyun one of the players sprained his ankle.  After clearing everything and making sure that nothing dangerous happened to Daehyun, everyone got back to practicing except for the injured one.

"Coach, the teams aren't equal anymore," one guy said.

"Oh, yeah... er.... someone from the opposing team step aside for a moment," the coach explained.

Myungsoo found this chance to get Sungjong in, "Anni.  I know someone who can replace Daehyun."

He jogged to where Sungjong was.  "Yah, Sungjong-ah.  Play soccer.  We're short with one."

"Mwoh?!  Me?" Sungjong was bewildered while pointing at himself.

He looked at where the players were and saw the coach who suddenly brightened seeing what Myungsoo was trying to do.

"B-but... do I have to?" Sungjong wanted to get away with it as much as he can.

He already gave up on soccer a long time ago and he doesn't plan on coming back EVER.

"Oh c'mon.  You're great at it," Myungsoo tried hard to persuade him to play.

Everyone was looking at them anticipating what was happening and Sungjong hated the feeling of everyone's eyes on him.

He heaved a sigh then nodded, "Fine."

He got changed into his P.E. clothes and joined Myungsoo's team. 

"Yah, Hyejin.  Look at your guy he's playing over there," one of Hyejin's teammates nudged her then pointed at the guys who were having a little game.

Hyejin twisted around and instantly she spotted Sungjong.  It was easy since he was the only one with the P.E. clothes while the other was in their soccer uniform.

"Wah~ I never knew he plays," another girl said and Hyejin kept smiling as compliments about how good he was, was thrown out everywhere.

"Yah, Sungjong.  Why don't you just join the team?  Now would be a good time since Daehyun just sprained his ankle," Joongki, one of the players, said.

"No, thanks.  You guys don't need me," Sungjong walked away and went to the bench where his stuff were.

"Okay, that's it for today.  Make sure to take care of your bodies and stay healthy, okay?" the coach wrapped things up.

"Ne~~~" All players responded in unison.

After taking care of things in the locker room, all three of them met up.

"Aish, I don't really want this extra class!" Myungsoo exclaimed as they make their way to Hyejin's classroom.

"Just bear with it, Myungsoo-ah," Hyejin beamed.  "We're gonna graduate soon, anyways."

Myungsoo yawned, "Ahh.  I'm so sleepy."