Comforting

It's A LEGIT Love Triangle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWtKCnMPFDA

 

"M-myungsoo.... what are you doing here?" Hyejin asked with a surprised voice.  She just opened the door to her apartment when someone rang the doorbell.

It was Saturday the day of Himchan's party at Tatsmato club.  Sungjong would be in her apartment in an hour and she have to get ready but having Myungsoo over was no help.

Hyejin stepped aside to let Myungsoo in then closed the door.

"I thought since you won't be going to the party and neither am I, we could just spend the time together.  I'm making it up for not letting you go," Myungsoo smiled then held up a plastic bag filled with chips on one hand and a stack of DVDs on the other.  "I brought snacks and movies."

"O-oh," Hyejin was clueless as to what to do.

*Now how am I supposed to sneak up on him if he's gonna be here the whole freaking time?!?!?*

Myungsoo noticed her reaction and tilted his head in wonder, "You don't want to watch movies?"

"A-nni," Hyejin waved her hands in front of her to deny.  "I.... I just didn't expect you to be here....."

Hyejin got her phone and texted Sungjong for help she emphasized that it was an emergency so he would reply instantly.  She started biting her thumbnail and Myungsoo knew that something was bothering her.

"Is something wrong?" he asked making Hyejin jump a little as she came back from her thoughts of getting caught.

"No.  Everything's...." she looked at her phone's screen to see if Sungjong texted back but there was nothing, "Fine."

"You sure?" Myungsoo furrowed his brows in concern.

"Yeah," Hyejin gave him a fake smile and she prayed hard for him to not notice how fake it was.  She quickly changed the subject.  "Let's watch a movie then."

Hyejin kept looking at her phone while they watched the movie and Myungsoo noticed it half way through the movie. 

*Why isn't he answering?  Did his phone break?*

He was about to ask her what's wrong when someone rang the doorbell.

Hyejin quickly jumped up, "I'll get it."

Myungsoo was bewildered at Hyejin's suspicious actions.  She opened the door and saw Sungjong dressed nicely like he was about to go to a club.

Sungjong looked at Hyejin up and down then asked, "Why are you not dressed yet?"

Hyejin was on her casual jeans and t-shirt.  He didn't notice Myungsoo inside until he walked up beside Hyejin and greeted him, "Oh, Sungjong.  You're here?"

Sungjong was surprised at first but then an evil smile formed on his lips.  Nobody noticed though.

*This would be easier that I thought.*

Sungjong walked inside and Myungsoo noticed Sungjong's attire, "Where are you going all dressed up?"

"Didn't Hyejin tell you?" Sungjong saw Hyejin freaking out behind Myungsoo but he pretended like he didn't see her.  "We're going to—"

Myungsoo's phone started going off and he excused himself to answer it.  Hyejin sighed when Myungsoo went outside.

*Dammit!*

"Why were you gonna tell him?" Hyejin asked Sungjong.

"What?" Sungjong tried to act like he forgot.  "Oh!  Sorry it slipped my mind."

"It's fine," Hyejin quickly forgave him followed by her famous smile that would melt every guy's heart but Sungjong weren't even paying attention to her.  "Did your phone break?"

"What?" Sungjong was confused at the sudden question.

"I thought it broke because you didn't receive my text message," Hyejin explained.

"No, it's totally fine," Sungjong got his phone out.  "Oh it was turned off 'cuz I was at a wedding reception earlier.  I forgot to turn it back on."

"Wedding reception?" Hyejin tilted her head in wonder.  "Waeyo?"

"It's my aunt's wedding.  They asked me to be the photographer," Sungjong explained.

"Waaaah~~" Hyejin was joyful.  The one thing that she liked about him is his photography skill.  "That means you're really the best."

Hyejin was full with happiness but Sungjong couldn't tell why.

*Or it would be cheaper since they don't have to hire a photographer for their wedding.*

Myungsoo walked back in and they both noticed his pale face.

"What's wrong?" Hyejin asked her espression quickly changing from giddiness to worried.

"Umma, she's in the hospital.  I gotta go check on her," concern was written all over Myungsoo's face.

"Omo!  What happened to imonim?" Hyejin asked.

"She fell off the stairs," Myungsoo answered.  "I'll be going back to Busan and I'm gonna stay there for a few days."

"I-I'll come with you," Hyejin forgot all about the party.

"Andwae.  You still have school.  You can't leave," Myungsoo firmly said.

"But—"

"No!  That's final," Myungsoo was firm so Hyejin was speechless.

Sungjong was forgotten at the moment.  He was just watching them from afar.

"I'm leaving right now," Myungsoo said before leaving Hyejin's apartment.

*What?!  Leaving?  No, he can't.  My plan would be ruined!*

Sungjong was about to stop him but Myungsoo was already gone.  He turned around and saw Hyejin fidgeting on the couch where she was sitting.. 

Myungsoo's mom was like her mom as well.  She was worried as hell if she was doing fine and at that moment that's all that she could think of.  The party was long forgotten.  She started biting her thumbnail.  A habit that she formed whenever she was unsettled.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Sungjong's voice, "You.... still up for the party....?"

He knew her answer but it was getting awkward and he had to do or say something.

Hyejin finally looked up at him, "A-anni.  Mianhe."

Sungjong nodded. He noticed how Hyejin was biting her nails.  He sat down beside her and moved her hands away from .

"Don't do that.  That's unsanitary," Sungjong was direct at telling her.

"Oh, mianhe," Hyejin apologized even though it was unnecessary.

Hyejin placed her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around it to find comfort but,unfortunately, it was of no help.  She was thinking the worst case scenarios and a tear slid down her cheek.

Sungjong spotted the trail of water below her eye.

*She's crying?  Ottokae?*

"Gwenchana?" Sungjong asked.

He wasn't the comforting type so he had no idea how to deal with her at the moment.

Hyejin looked at him and noticed that she was crying so she quickly wiped her tears off.  "Oh, mianhe."

*Mianhe?  Why does she keep apologizing when she did nothing wrong?*

Tears still kept falling even though Hyejin kept wiping them off.  She couldn't stop it from doing so. 

"Mianhe.  I can't stop crying.  I know you don't want to waste time seeing me cry.  It's pathetic—"

Hyejin suddenly stopped blabbering when she felt warm arms wrapped around her.  She felt her heart rate speed up drastically and she was hoping that he wasn't close enough for him to feel it as well.

Sungjong got enough of her apologizing. He hates hearing that word come out from especially when she have nothing to be sorry about.

"Just stop talking," Sungjong ordered.

Hyejin felt better right away and she grew warm and tingly inside.  Something that she haven't felt before.