Daughter

It's A LEGIT Love Triangle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtnS_jXJK64

 

Two hours to the ride, Sungjong was taking pictures from the window.  He looked to his left and saw Hyejin nodding her head from sleepiness.  She tries to stay awake as she rubs her eyes and yawn.

"Sleep.  You couldn't have possibly slept at all last night," Sungjong stated.

Hyejin nodded but then she didn't know how she's gonna sleep comfortably.  Sungjong noticed her problem.  He cleared his throat.

"Y-you can sleep in my shoulder i-if you want," It was the first time that he was letting anybody sleep on his shoulder and it felt weird to him.

"Mianhe," Hyejin said as she awkwardly laid her head on his shoulder.

"There's nothing to be sorry about," Sungjong said, "so stop saying sorry all the time."

He didn't hear any response from Hyejin so he looked at her but found her already asleep.  He sighed and got his camera once again.  He was careful not to move much so he wouldn't wake her up.

He opened his camera and saw that there were only a couple of shots left before the memory was full.

*Good thing I brought extra memory cards.*

He decided to take selcas on the remaining shots so he could change the memory card now when he have nothing else to do.

When he took one, he looked at the LED screen and saw that Hyejin was on it too.  Even though she was just sleeping she looked pretty.  Sungjong looked over his shoulder. 

*She's pretty no doubt about it.  Especially at this angle.*

He took a picture of Hyejin with one hand.  He scanned it and he unconsciously smiled at the photo.

"Aww.  Look at them.  They remind me of us," from a distance Sungjong heard a voice of a girl whisper followed by a deep chuckle from a guy.

He looked up and a few seats across from them was a couple staring at them.  The girl have her little daughter on her lap and they smiled at Sungjong.  Sungjong gave them an awkward smile in return as he slightly bowed at them.

-

Myungsoo was helping his mom get comfortable in the hospital bed by adjusting her pillow to her liking.

"Better?" he asked and his mom nodded.

Mrs. Kim was fine.  The injuries were nothing serious.  She twisted her leg and had a mild concussion but other than that, she got nothing to worry about.

Myungsoo glanced at the wall clock and saw that the time was already 11:30am. 

*It's almost noon.  Hyejin must be worried sick.  I still haven't called her to inform her about umma.*

He was about to call her but, to his surprise, Hyejin called first.

"Yeobosayo?" he answered.

"Myungsoo-ah, are you at the hospital?" Hyejin asked.

"Eo, wae?"

"I'm here in Busan," Hyejin bit her lower lip.  She knew that she's gonna get a scolding from him first thing when they meet.

"Mwoh?!  Right now?" Myungsoo's eyes were bulging out of its socket.  "Didn't I tell you not to come here?  You have school tomorrow!"

"Er..... mianhe.  I just couldn't help it.  I barely slept last night," Hyejin rubbed her arm up and down.

"Where are you right now?" Myungsoo asked changing the subject.

"We just got out of the train," Hyejin informed him.

"Okay.  Wait for me.  I'll be on my way there," Myungsoo ordered.

"Okay," Hyejin nodded then hung up.

"Who was that?" Mrs. Kim asked seeing her son get agitated.

"It's Hyejin.  She's here in Busan," Myungsoo answered.

"Jinnie?!" Mrs. Kim perked up at the mention of her "daughter's" name.  "I haven't seen her in a while."

"I told her to not come since she still have school," Myungsoo sighed.

"You have school too," Mrs. Kim stated.  "You're being a hypocrite."

"Yeah, but it's not her mom who's at the hospital it's MY mom," Myungsoo tried to explain.

"Aigoo.  My son is such a righteous man," Mrs. Kim shook her head.  "That's why you're a perfect husband especially to Hyejin."

"Umma!  Wae talk like that?  I'm too young to get married," Myungsoo protested.

"I'm just saying.  You and Hyejin are perfect together.  Why are you still not confessing to her?" Mrs. Kim asked.

Myungsoo leaned against the window sill with his hand supporting his body weight.

"There's no need.  She have a boyfriend," Myungsoo sounded upset about the fact and Mrs. Kim could tell right away.

"Geurae?  Does she really like him?" Mrs. Kim asked.

She was disappointed as well.  Hyejin is the daughter-in-law that she wished she could have.  She have always thought of her as her own daughter for the past years, anyways.

"Ne," Myungsoo nodded with a half-hearted smile.  "I can tell that she likes him VERY much."

Mrs. Kim sighed, "That's a waste.  When I thought I was gonna get a hold of a precious daughter...."

Myungsoo nodded apathetically then stood up straight, "Well, I need to go pick her up.  Do I need to call on someone to keep umma company?"

"Anni, I'm fine.  Just go get Hyejin.  I want to see her, too," Mrs. Kim said while shooing her son.

"Okay, take care, umma," Myungsoo bid farewell and left the hospital.