Chapter Nine

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Nine:

 

••••

 

Your POV

 

Riiiiinggggg!

 

There goes the second bell. I went to my seat and took out my book from my bag and placed it on the desk. A chair next to mine was pulled out from under the desk. Without looking I knew who it was. That person goes by the name of B-a-r-o.

 

He then threw a pen at me, just to get my attention. I snapped at him. *What the hell?!* I rubbed my head to sooth the pain and shot a dagger at him.

 

“I didn’t see you at the dance.” He said. “Why? Did the evil witch lock you in the tower?”

 

I gave him a deathly glare before turning away from him. “I was there, stupid. In fact, you begged me to dance with you.” I mumbled to myself.

 

“What is it loser?” he asked as he put his face closer to me.

 

I jumped slightly and shook my head. He smirked and sat down properly. *I swear I will turn you into a frog!* I thought and chortled imagining him turning into a frog.

 

 

*Btch!* I slumped into the chair and crossed my arm. *What did I do to deserve this?* I thought and turned to my side. Baro was smirking in triumphantly. I mentally burned him with my eyes. How came I get him as a project partner? Psh!

 

He innocently looked at me. He then beamed. “Hello partner!” he greeted sarcastically.

 

I rolled my eyes and pulled my bag of the floor. “I’m so happy to have you as my project partner. We can ace this together.” He winked.

 

“Do you even know your partner?” I eyed him.

 

“I do! You’re the best in class.” He said and grinned. I smirked at him.

 

I got up from my seat and headed outside the classroom. “I’m not good with Chemistry. You Pabo!” I muttered. “Ace?” I snorted. “More like big fat F.”

 

 

A pink flyer was pasted on the door of my locker. I cursed as I tore the tape off the door. I hate it when someone did damage to my locker. I paid for it!

 

I crumpled the flyer and put it inside my bag as I mental noted myself to throw it later. I keyed in my locker combination and took out my bento. Then I went to my usual spot for lunch – the rooftop.

I leant on the wall and fished into my bag to take out my iPod, but something caught my hand. It was the pink flyer. I took it out, followed by my iPod. I plugged in my earpieces and shuffled the playlist.

 

As if the flyer was calling my name, I carefully unscrambled it. I swear my heart dropped when reading the words on the flyer. I took another round of reading, this time as slowly as possible.

 

Jinyoung is looking for the girl he danced with on the school dance.

If you are the girl, bring him the evidence (Whatever that is…).

 

“Oh My God!” was the only words came out of my mouth. I stood up and ran downstairs. I pushed trough the crowd earning curses from those who I bumped. The hallway is packed with people when it came to lunch time.

 

I pushed pass the crowd for the cafeteria door. When I was about to push the door open, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the nearest toilet.

 

“Something you weren’t telling me!” Hyuna said in annoyance as she let go off my wrist.

 

“What? What did I miss?” I asked her in confusion. I swear I didn’t know what the hell she was talking about.

 

She rolled her eyes. She aired her arms up. “Hold up.” She said and when to kick the cubicle door to check if there is a third party. Once she was done, she turned to me. “Cinderella dear~ I have a question to ask you…” she faked a smile.

 

“Oh My God Hyuna! He’s looking for me…” I said in horror-almost-excited tone. Hyuna held her hand up to stop me. She then took out a familiar pink paper.

 

“Listen.” She eyed me and then the paper. She cleared . “Jinyoung is bla… bla… bla…” She eyed me and continued reading. “If you are the girl, bring him the evidence. Evidence?” she finished with arm crossed. “So explain that. What evidence?”

 

I inhaled a deep breath. “Why do you wanna know?” I asked her.

 

She rolled her eyes again. “Yah! I asked you and you asked me back. What is this?!” she was annoyed now.

 

“Fine. He gave me something when we left.” I replied as I fished inside my pocket. I took the object out and handed it to Hyuna.

 

“A watch?”

 

“That’s the evidence…” I went to the sink. I then turned the tap and washed my face.

 

“Yie Minjee! Why the hell didn’t you tell me this earlier?!” she was definitely freaking out now.

 

“What’s the point?”

 

“Yah pabo!” She turned me around so our eyes met. “If we bring the ‘evidence’ to him, everything will be settled. He didn’t have to go through all of this .” She said as she waved the pink flyer.

 

“What should I do now?” I asked her.

 

“Let’s go to Prince Charming!” she announced as she linked an arm with mine.

 

••••

 

Author Note:

 

There the second update for today. I would like to wish you all a happy day and those who are celebrating eid. Happy Eid!