Chapter Fifteen

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Fifteen:

 

••••

Your POV

 

“Wow, look who we got here.”

 

I looked up, and there he was, standing in front of me with a smile. Jung Jinyoung out of all people is here, looking down at me. I got up and brushed my jeans. I bowed at him causing him to laugh at me.

 

“Sorry if I’m disturbing you.” he said.

 

I looked at him dumbly. “I’ll leave.” I announced and strode away but he grabbed my wrist to stop me.

 

“You can stay.” He said with a smile. “It seems like I’m not the only one who was having a bad day. “

 

“I’m not having a bad day.” I argued.

 

“Then what’s up with the frown?” he asked and then mimicked my ‘frown.’

 

I uplifted a curve on my lips. “See I’m not.”

 

“Hahaha! Just continue with whatever you were doing.” He sat down, pulling me with him. I stared at him before laying back. I don’t care anymore. He smiled at me and copied me.

 

He was lying next to me. Making my heart raced. I turned my head to him and smiled at his flawless features. Jinyoung turned to me. *Busted.*

 

He smirked at me as I turned pink. I turned to the sky and covered my face with my palms. I heard him chuckled. “Aigoo~ look who’s blushing?” he poked my cheek and laughed.

 

I sat down and glared at him. He looked up at me. “Just don’t kill me with your glare.” He pouted.

 

I chuckled and shook my head. “You’re so unbelievable.” I whispered to myself.

 

“What?”

 

I shook my head again. “Nothing.”

 

“You said you were having a bad day.” I said breaking the silent air.

 

He nodded.

 

“Me too.”

 

He snapped his head at me and smiled. “Wanna hear mine?” he asked. I was warmed with his words.

 

I only looked at him. “Well I think I’m giving up on her.” He said as he looked at the night sky.

 

I was stabbed by his announcement. If he gives up, then I don’t have a chance telling him. Wait! I’m not planning to spill to him anyway. Okay then let him give up.

 

“Minjee!” I shouted at myself. Jinyoung snapped at me. I covered my mouth and mentally smacked my head. I smiled sheepishly at him. “Sorry.”

 

He only chortled. “What about you?”

 

“Mine .” I sighed.

 

“What happened?”

 

“I just found out I have a stepmother this morning. I got two weeks detention. Thanks to Baro. My stepmother wants to remove all the traces my mom left. She even slapped me in front of my dad. And my dad…” I sighed.

 

“He didn’t do anything about it.” I finished off. “That’s my story…” I added in a verge of crying. I realized my chest hurts badly.

 

“Wow that’s just too much to handle in a day.” Jinyoung said apologetically. At a blink my tears poured out. Jinyoung sat up and looked at me in horror. “Minjee… Don’t cry.” He said in a panicked tone. He then patted my back.

 

I chuckled just to stop myself from crying. “Good, now you’re going to think I am a cry baby.”

 

He shook his head. “You wanna grab something to eat?” he asked. “I bet you haven’t eat dinner.” He pulled me up and dragged me to porridge restaurant.

 

 

I chuckled when I flipped through the menu. Jinyoung who was sitting in front of me, snapped and stared at me in confusion.

 

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

 

“This.” I placed the menu down and slid it toward him. I pointed at one of the menu. “Jung Jinyoung Porridge.” I read causing him to groan.

 

“That’s not funny.” He pouted and shut the menu. “You do aware that we are in my parents’ restaurant right? So expect that kind of things.”

 

Yup! We were in his parents’ restaurant. I know that and am aware of it. I always wanted to eat here.

 

“So what do you want?” he asked.

 

“Jung Jinyoung Porridge.” I stuck my tongue out before bursting into laughter.

 

 

My eyes literally bulged out of its socket, this is the best porridge I have ever taste. “This is yummy!” I said as I took another bite.

 

Jinyoung chuckled and ate from his bowl. “I think you are just too hungry.”

 

“I’m serious.” I protested and continued eating.

 

“Everything tastes good when you’re too hungry.” He stuck his tongue out.

 

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. If he wanted to argue, then wait after I’m done.

 

It was fifteen to nine when we were done eating. Jinyoung brought the dishes to the kitchen and went back with a bowl of ice pan. He placed the bowl on the table. “Dig in!” he announced, happily.

 

I grabbed the desert spoon and did as told. I love ice cream and anything to do with it. I don’t care if it is called ice pan, it still look like an ice cream to me. We don’t have to be specific in life right?

 

I didn’t realise Jinyoung was staring at me. “Jinyoung.” I called but he didn’t respond.

 

I waved my hand in front of him, “Just don’t go into the light.” With that, he shook his head. He then faked a cough and bit his lower lip.

 

“Yes?”

 

I chortled and shook my head. “Nothing.” I said. I scooped another bite of the ice pan. As I was about to put it into my mouth, Jinyoung leaned forward. He then reached my hand and swiftly turned the spoon toward his mouth. He then put the spoon inside his mouth.

 

My eyes widen before everything registered in my brain. “Yah! That’s mine!” I yelled and then crossed my arms. “Thief!”

 

He stuck his tongue out before giggling. I glared at him. He stopped laughing and cleared his throat. “Don’t give me that look.”

 

“Say the magic word.” I said ice cold, eyes still glaring at him.

 

“Please.” He pouted as he clasped his hands together. I smiled and removed my eyes from him and caught the time on the wall. It was 9:30.

 

I jumped from my seat and started to panic. “My dad would kill me.” I was half shouting.

 

“Huh?” Jinyoung looked at me in confusion.

 

“I gotta go. I just broke my dad’s curfew.” I said as I fished my pockets for money. *!* I realised I didn’t bring any cash with me. Gosh! How am I going to pay for my food? I looked at Jinyoung in horror.

 

“What?” he was worried now.

 

“I forgot to bring my wallet.”

 

“Oh… don’t worry. It’s on the house.” He smiled.

 

I shook my head. “But–”

 

“You need to go home or your dad will kill you.” he cut. “Kaja… I will walk you home.” He grabbed my hand and exited the restaurant.

 

“Jinyoung.” I called him as he dragged me.

 

“Yes?” he responded without turning his head at me.

 

“I can go by myself. You don’t need to do this.” With that Jinyoung stopped walking and turned to me.

 

He chuckled softly. “I want to. So let’s go.” He started to drag me again.

 

“I’m serious.” I emphasised. “My dad will definitely kill me if he found out a boy brought her daughter home.”

 

Again he stopped; he removed his hand from mine and looked at me. “Right… but it’s late.” He said.

 

I rolled my eyes. “It’s not even midnight. Don’t worry.”

 

“Sure?” he asked.

 

I only nodded.

 

“But–”

 

“I promise you I’ll be fine. I’ll call you once I reach home. I promise.”

 

Jinyoung sighed in defeat. “Okay.”

 

I smiled, cheerfully at him. “Bye…” I waved and walked away from him. I can tell he was upset with me.

 

“Stay safe Yie Minjee. You promise!” he heard him shout. Butterflies started to play in my tummy as my face started to warm up. Does that mean he cares about me?