Chapter Eighteen

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Eighteen:

 

••••

Your POV

 

As soon as the taxi was put to a halt in front of the hospital entrance, I ran out of it and into the hallway, I impatiently push the elevator ‘up’ button and rushed in as it opened. I then punched the floor number and waited for it to rise.

 

The first thing I saw once I was out of the steel cuboids was my stepmother. “Minjee.” she howled once she spotted me. She was about to give me a hug, but I avoided it.

 

“What happened to him?” I asked in a cold tone.

 

She palmed her face before answering between her sob, “He was involve in a car accident. And the doctors are now trying to save him.”

 

There were no sincerity in her tone neither did her cry but I ignored it. It doesn’t matter right now, all I wanted was my dad to be safe.

 

Just let my father live, I can’t lose another love one. I prayed as I sink my on the hard plastic seat.

 

“Minjee.” Hyuna whispered my name as she wrapped her arms around me, trying to comfort her. I informed her on my way to the hospital. I needed her to be by my side. I know I can count on her.

 

“I’m sorry.” She said as I buried my face in her shoulder and cried my heart out. She rubbed my back, “We just hope for the best.” she said softly.

 

 

“Minjee.” Hyuna woke me up from my sleep.

 

“How long I’ve been sleeping?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes. Damn they stings. I jumped from my seat when I saw the door of the operation room was pushed opened.

 

One of the doctors approached me with an unreadable expression. “Mr. Yie’s family?” he asked me.

 

I nodded. My stepmother stood next to me, while Hyuna on my other side. “How did he do?” I asked shaking. Afraid of the answer he would give me.

 

He eyed me then at my stepmother, he let a small sighed and started to his news about my dad. “I’m sorry-”

 

I shook my head in disbelieved. Those two words were more than enough. Those are the two same words when they told me about my mother. That same exact words. I dropped my knees to the cold floor and cried in my palms. It hit me hard – really hard.

 

The old wound in my heart was ripped open and at the same time another hole was made. I screamed in agony as my heart arched, it hurts so bad.

 

Hyuna dropped next to me, trying to calm me down but I pushed her violently and got up on my feet. I wanted to run away from this but then someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his embrace. I was struggling to break free but the more effort I put into it, the tighter the hug get.

 

“Minjee...” The person whispered. That familiar voice somehow calmed me down. He was the last person I expected to be here but then I buried my face in his chest and let everything out.

 

••••

 

Author Note:

 

Hello awesomeness~ (Note the evil smirk on my face.) hahaha! Hope you enjoy this update of mine, I know it is a short one, but hey I updated and of course, do leave your paw prints or something. <333