Chapter Six

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Six:

 

••••

 

Your POV

 

I hid a smile of excitement by sipping the sweet drink. Seriously, when am I into this? I mean I love chocolates but not sodas. I twirled the stool around and stared at Hyuna and Joon. The both of them were dancing perfectly in rhythm. That two really were glued to each other.

 

I tapped my feet just to wear off the nervousness. Who are am I kidding? I will be dancing with the guy I admired, since the Yie Minjee is not here. Few more seconds then the longest five minutes of my life will be over.

 

I turned to Jinyoung who didn’t budge from his seat. “See I told ya…” I shrugged my shoulders. He let a soft laugh and stood up from his seat. He then kneeled in front of me and offered his hand.

 

“May I have this dance?” he asked, chuckling as I nodded in approval. Once I took his hand, electricity was transferred right inside me. I don’t know if he felt it too, because he too was moving his hand away from mine.

 

I bit my lower lip and eyed him who was smiling sheepishly. “This place is too humid I guess. Let’s try again.” he offered him hand once again. I gladly took it again. He got up and led me to the dance floor – by that time it was almost empty.

 

Once the both of us we in the middle of the dance floor, Jinyoung smiled at me and then bowed his head. I can’t help not to chuckle at him, it was cute. “What?” he asked innocently.

 

“Did anyone ever tell you that you are cute?” I replied him with a question. *of course, Yie Minjee! Duh!*

 

He tapped his chin before shaking his head. “No, you’re the 10,005th.” He replied making me blush.

 

He then moved closer, making my heart went for a marathon. “And one more secret… I don’t know how to dance.” I confessed.

 

He smirked and then took my hands. He moved it up to his shoulders. “I’ll help you with that.” he charmingly said. I swear my face reddened. He then move a step closer and s his arms around my waist, it was as if they were in the right place.

 

“What’s your favourite song?” he asked looking me deep in the eyes. His eyes! I can die out of happiness.

 

“Why?”

 

“It will be easy to dance to your favourite song…”

 

Before I even answered his question, a familiar tune was played. I beamed widely, it was SHINee, Romantic. “This…”

 

“Hmmm…” Jinyoung smiled. “I guess the DJ can read minds.” He said as he stared behind me. I turned my head around and found Hyuna was standing on the DJ’s booth.

 

*This girl…* I smiled thanking her and she flipped her hair as a welcoming gesture.

 

“Ready?” Jinyoung interrupted. I snapped at him and nodded. As the slow music was played, he led the dance as I followed him. It was perfect! We moved as one and believe me I was no where near tripping or injuring his toes or looking at my feet.

 

We swayed according to the beat. Every set of eyes in the room was now set on the both of us as more couple left the dance floor. Soon the floor was empty; there were only the two of us. Then spotlight was shone at us.

 

“Oh My God, this is embarrassing.” I whispered loud enough for his ear.

 

“No, this is perfect…” he whispered back. He stared at me with his charming smile. He then brushed his back hand on my left cheek, making me shivered. “How come I never see you in school before?”

 

I almost fainted at his question, he must have no idea I am the nerdy Yie Minjee. *You did. In fact, you are the reason why I attend this dance.* I replied in my thought. I then shrugged. “There are two thousand people going to that school. That’s why…”

 

He nodded. Then there were silent. What I notice about him is that, he never leave my eyes as we dance. “I love how your eyes sparkle.” He said. “They’re so pretty.” He added. I was flustered upon his words.

 

He then took his eyes off mine and cleared his throat. “Stupid, Jinyoung!” I heard him cursed under his breath. I chuckled and put his face between my palms, so our eyes met again.

 

“No you’re not stupid, Jinyoung.” I said, ensuring. “In fact, thank you for saying that.”

 

Next thing I knew, he was leaning closer. His lips were brushed against mine. Without hesitation, I pressed my lips harder on him telling him to kiss me. For real!

 

The kiss was perfect – perfect for a first kiss.