Chapter Eight

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Eight

 

••••

 

Your POV

 

I woke up before the alarm clock. I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. After that I made breakfast for my dad and myself.

 

“Good morning angel.” My dad greeted with a large beam. I smiled at the nickname and kissed him on the cheek.

 

“Good. Morning.” You pulled a chair and took a seat. “I made your favourite. Pepper Omelette.” I said as he took the seat in front of me.

 

He cut the omelette into edible portion before putting it into his mouth. His eyes widen, surprised. “This is amazing… You should be a chef.” He announced and took another bite.

 

You chortled and shook you head. Dad… one day he wants me to be a doctor, the next day would be a pilot and now a chef but never he would say to me to take over his company.

 

“How was last night?” he asked, once we finished our breakfast.

 

I looked at him and pouted. Then I shook my head in disappointment.

 

“Wae? Something wrong? You didn’t have fun?”

 

I shook my head again. “I did but your curfew ruined everything.” I sighed and leaned my back on the wood made chair.

 

“Hey! It’s for your own good.” He shrugged and took a sip of his drink.

 

“Right…”

 

“Look at the bright side… You’re not grounded.” He added. “So what’s your plan for today?”

 

I bit my inner lip and thought about his question. “Shopping?” I asked myself, and then I looked at my dad. “Come with me! It’s been a while since we went shopping together. You need a new wardrobe.” I said excitedly.

 

He then stared at me apologetically. I dropped my shoulders and frowned. I knew that look of his. “Let me guess, you have a meeting?”

 

He nodded, guiltily.

 

*Very predictable.*

 

“It’s the weekend, for God sake. You should be having a holiday dad. When was the last time you stay at home during the weekend?” I asked him in dissatisfaction. “Never! After mom not here anymore, you work endlessly.” I said as my eyes were starting to collect tears.

 

I miss mom so much. If she’s here now, everything would be different. Dad wouldn’t turn into a workaholic and he would ditch work on weekend. I remember how mom would nag at him if he talked about work at home.

 

“Minjee-ah…” he called. “The company is not doing well right now. You need to understand.”

 

*What a reason...* I sighed, disappointedly and got up from my seat. “I’ll go with Hyuna.” I announced with a hint of annoyance. “Good luck.”

 

I went to my room and sat on the wooden box placed next to the window. I looked outside, trying to wear off the disappointment but tears already set in. I wiped my tears away and inhaled a deep breath.

 

••••

 

Author Note:

 

Updated! Double Update today~ GMAW! LVE YA!