Chapter Eleven

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Eleven:

 

••••

 

Your POV

 

It’s been four days since everything happened. Jinyoung is still searching for the mystery girl who is now called Cinderella. Funny huh? Me a Cinderella? Hahaha! I don’t even have a stepmother to start with.

 

When I was walking to school, Baro slanged his arm around my shoulder. I shrugged his arm off and glared at him.

 

“What do you want?” I asked annoyed.

 

“Oh come on can’t I walk with my project partner to school?” he pouted.

 

“Whatever…”

 

“So how was the project going on?” he asked. We were walking side to side.

 

“No the question is, aren’t you going to help me?” I replied him with a question.

 

He shook his head. “Why should I? You are the cleaver one; I think you can do it alone.”

 

“It’s a group project! Group! Not the cleaver one project.” I said in annoyance. *which part of group you don’t understand?! Stupid!*

 

“Arasso!” Baro aired his hands in defeat.

 

I smirked in triumph. I ruffled his hair causing him to shout at me. I stuck my tongue out before running away from him.

 

 

As slow as the turtle, the time finally reached twelve. Surprisingly enough I was the first one in the hallway. I grabbed the opportunity to get my lunch and went to the rooftop, without ‘shoulder bumping’ anyone.

 

I sat in front of the railing, facing the almost empty road. It’s not really a good scene but it’s better than seeing heads of student in the cafeteria.

 

A tap on my shoulder didn’t stop me from eating my lunch. I knew it was Hyuna. “What is it?” I asked mouthful without looking up at her.

 

I heard a faint chuckled which obviously didn’t belong to Hyuna. I snapped my head at the person. My eyes bulged from its socket, it was Jinyoung. “What are you doing here?” I swallowed.

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “Mind if I sit here?” he asked. Without my approval, he sat down next to me, crossed legs.

 

“Yeah…” I can feel my cheeks started to warm up. “Why aren’t you at the cafeteria?”

 

He looked at me and smirked. “Same question goes to you…” he said in a teasing tone.

 

I bit my lower lip before replying. “I just hate crowded places.”

 

“Then we have the same reason.” He replied. I looked at him in confusion. He always had his lunch at the cafeteria. Why hate crowded place now?

 

“I remember I still owe you a dance.” He broke the silent air.

 

I almost choke my food out. I snapped at him. “Huh?”

 

He smiled. “Where were you that night?”

 

“I was there-” I stopped realizing that ‘Yie Minjee’ was someone else that night. “I mean my spirit.” I faked a laugh. *Gosh I sound lame!*

 

He chuckled.

 

“I was at home.” I said. “I heard about your search.” I changed the topic.

 

His smile definitely wiped away when I said it. “Yeah… You can call me lame for that.” he replied.

 

I shook my head. “I think it’s sweet. I would do the same thing if I were you.” I then offered him, the sandwich in my container. He gladly took it.

 

“It’s hard is it?” I asked him.

 

He nodded.

 

“What will you do if you can’t find her?” I can’t help not to ask him about it. I mean I’m not planning to tell him, it was me.

 

He shrugged his shoulders and then took a bite of the sandwich.

 

“Well good luck.” I said and then fist pumped. “Fighting!”

 

“Thanks.” He smiled. “Umm… Minjee…” he called me.

 

I looked at him. “What is it?”

 

“You have…” he hesitated but his hand was moving to my face. He his thumb on the side of my lips. “Something on your face.” He added softly.

 

I was mesmerised by his action. My warmed cheeks would boil any time. “T-thanks.” I stuttered, not realizing that our eyes were locked at each other.

 

“Why do you look familiar?” he asked making me jump.

 

I stared at him in horror. *Oh God!*