Chapter Five

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Five:

 

••••

 

Author’s POV

 

Once she calmed herself and got back into her sense, she sat up, fixing her hair and asked for refill. She looked at him, suspicious. *Am I really not recognizable?*

 

“What?” he asked her when he realized she was staring at him. She shook her head and shrugged her shoulder.

 

“Weird… I never heard of that name before…” she replied, testing him. “Yie Minjee… is she a super senior or a new student?”

 

“She’s in the same year as me.”

 

She smug and nodded.

 

“Look who we got here…” Baro interrupted as he head locked Jinyoung. “I thought you’re not coming…”

 

“Yah! Baro, you will ruin my hair.” Jinyoung freed him self and glared at him.

 

“Aww… you’re afraid no one would dance with you?” Baro cooed and eyed Minjee who was sipping her drinks. “I see…” Baro smirked and sat next to her.

 

“Hi, hottie… Have we met before? Wanna dance?” he winked and grinned.

 

Minjee rolled her eyes in return. *Jerk! What makes you think I want to dance with you? My foot!* she thought. “Have we? No, I don’t want to dance with you…” she replied conceitedly.

 

“Ouch…” Baro pouted and clutched his ‘heart’. “But Baro–oppa can’t take no for an answer.” He leaned closer to her ear and whispered those words. He then kissed her cheeks. She jumped in surprised and snapped at him.

 

She inhaled a deep breath. “Well, now you have to take ‘NO’ as an answer.” She smiled sarcastically. “Where’s Nara? What’s the point of you asking her when you want to dance with other girl?”

 

Baro sighed in defeat and got up from his seat. He eyed me for a while. “Hyung, did you chant her with your spell?” he asked Jinyoung and left.

 

“Nice friend you have there…” she said once they were alone again.

 

“Baro…” he muttered under his breath. He then scanned the dance floor to look for a familiar face.

 

“Looking for her?”

 

He nodded.

 

*What the school hottest boy is looking for me?* she asked inside disbelieved. *Jinyoung I’m right in front of you!* She yelled in her thought.

 

Then idea snapped inside her brain. *I should ask him if he likes me…*

 

“You like her?” she asked anticipating for the answer.

 

Jinyoung snapped at her and shook his head.

 

Her heart dropped like a stone. “No. Then why are you looking for her?” she asked calmly and took a sip of her drink. *I should not drink lots of sugar or I will ended up hyper.*

 

“I mean… I never really talked to her. So yeah…” he said and rested his chin on his palm. He then blew raspberry. “Man this dance …”

 

She laughed. “You can say that again. Wanna know a secret?” she asked and laid her head on the bar with her arm as a pillow. She stared at him for a while. “This is my first time coming to the school dance and I’m dead bored.”

 

Jinyoung chuckled. “Me too… This is my first time too. I came here just to keep a promise.”

 

She furrowed her brows. “Promise?”

 

“I’m here just to fulfil my promise. I told her I owed her a dance.”

 

Her heart melted at his words. *So he came here just for Yie Minjee? Me?*

 

“Then what will happen after that?”

 

“Home…” he chuckled.

 

“So you really here for her? Just one dance with her and then you off?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Wow… shocking…” she sounded sarcastic. Nevertheless they both laughed. “A promise keeper…”

 

“How about you?” he asked and looked her in the eyes.

 

*I came here because you promised me a dance and I want to dance with you.* she answered in her head. “This will be the first and the last dance before graduating from this place.” She logically-lied. It is her last year in high school but she doesn’t care about the school dance. Never.

 

They went silent for a moment before she spoke up. “She’s not coming…” she announced. “Yie Minjee, she’s not coming.”

 

Jinyoung looked at her, confused. “How would you know?”

 

She smirked. “Trust me.”

 

He rolled his eyes. *This girl is something…* He eyed Minjee from head to toes. Then he smirked as he stared her in the eyes. He was mesmerized by her eyes. *That eyes, why do they look familiar?* he asked silently trying to recall.

 

“Give her five minutes; if she’s not here by then, you’re right. And by that time, will you dance with me?” he asked.

 

She leaned closer and raised an eyebrow. “I’m never wrong…” she smirked.

 

••••

 

Author Note:

 

Updated! Hope you like this update… Anyway~ Do leave your traces… GMAW! LVE YA!