Chapter Twelve

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Twelve:

 

••••

 

Your POV

 

“Phew! I thought I was lost.” Baro said and waved his hand.

 

I gave him a sarcastic smile before gesturing him inside my house. “Wow, this place sure is too big for the two of you.” he said as he eyed the chandelier on the ceiling.

 

“Where’s your dad?” he asked as he scanned the framed pictures on the side table.

 

“He’s in Hawaii.” I replied. “Make yourself at home. I’ll go get you something.” I added, before going into the kitchen. I took some snacks out of the cabinets and juice from the fridge.

 

Then I went back to the living room. “Baro?” I called him but there were no answer. He was nowhere in the living room. I went searching for him. In case he got lost in this big house of mine. I cleared all the ground floor rooms but no luck.

 

“Baro!” I called as I took the staircase. “Baro! You know I hate hide and seek!” I shouted in fustration.

 

“I’m in your room!” I heard he shouted back. I sighed before I half jogged to my room. “What the hell are you doing?” I was freaking out. He was opening a drawer after another. I had to pull him away from the drawers. I shot him a deathly glare.

 

“Hey, you said make yourself at home.” He said, innocently. I feel like slapping his face.

 

“I didn’t mean, ‘Yeah you can check out my room, like a boss’.” I rolled my eyes. “Now let’s get out from this place. We have a project to finish.” I said as I dragged him along.

 

“Wait!”

 

I snapped at him. “What is it?” I was annoyed now. He pulled his arm from my grip and went to the side table of my bed. My heart dropped like a rock. I realized Jinyoung’s watch was there. Panic attacked me as I ran to stop him from discovering the watch.

 

I was a second too late. The watch was already in his possession. “This looks familiar.” He said as he observed the watch.

 

“It’s my dad.” I stuttered as I tried to grab it from him. He looked at me and then at the watch back forth.

 

“This is absurd.” he said and looked at me disbelieved. “All this time you are her?” he asked. “You can’t lie, Yie Minjee. This watch is obviously belongs to Jinyoung.”

 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, acting innocent. “It’s my dad, stupid. It’s a coincident that Jinyoung and my dad have the same watch. Now hand it over.” I warned.

 

Baro smirked and showed the strip of the watch. “It has Jung Jinyoung name on it. Who’s stupid now?”

 

 

“So you were there?” he asked for God know how many times.

 

“YES!”

 

“But you were…” he scanned me from head to toes. “Different.”

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Who else know about this?” He questioned.

 

“Kim Hyuna and Joon.” I replied.

 

“Hyuna? How?”

 

“She was the one who brought me to the dance.”

 

He nodded before looking at me in confusion. “Wait you guys are friends?”

 

I face palmed myself. “No she’s my dog.”

 

“Hahaha! Funny… but I don’t remember her coming to the dance…”

 

“Enough!” I was annoyed by him.

 

“You should tell him.” Baro suggested.

 

“No way. He wouldn’t believe me.” I snapped.

 

“But you have the evidence.” He showed me the watch.

 

“No!” I barked and shot him a deathly glare.

 

“Fine I’ll tell him.” he shrugged and took out his phone. It doesn’t need a fancy formula to figure it out, he was dialling Jinyoung number.

 

I grabbed his phone. “I’ll do anything as long as you keep this a secret.” I said, in desperation.

 

He blinked a few times. “Okay…”

 

I sighed in relief. “Now let’s finish our chemistry.” I said as I switched my laptop on.

 

Baro smirked at me. “You do it yourself.”

 

I groaned in dissatisfaction. *Unbelievable.*

 

“And by the way if we don’t get an A for this project, I will spill it out.” He said, taking advantages of my sufferings.

 

“And you look hot that night.” he said. “y~” he winked. I took the nearest object near me – a pen and aimed his head.

 

“Shut up!”

 

••••

 

Author Note:

 

It's been a while! Hello there lovelies~ <3