Chapter Thirteen

Just Like Cinderella

Chapter Thirteen:

 

••••

 

Your POV

 

“Morning dad!” I greeted him. “I miss you!” I gave him a hug. “How was your trip?” I asked him as I took the seat in front of him. Dad just arrived from his week long business trip in Hawaii.

 

“It was fun.” A female voice interrupted. I snapped at the sound of the voice. A mid thirty woman appeared wearing my mom favourite apron. My heart was stabbed, seeing her wearing the apron. No one ever touch it beside my mom.

 

“Who are you? New maid?” I asked. “If you are, then get your own apron. That’s my mother’s.” I said in a verge of yelling at her.

 

“Minjee… She’s your step-mother.” My dad said in a serious tone.

 

“Hello Minjee~” she greeted in a sweet tone and popped a smile.

 

“WHAT?!” I jumped up and looked at her and then at my dad back and forth. “You’re kidding right?!” I asked my dad.

 

He shook his head. “I’m sorry. We just got back from our honeymoon.”

 

I dropped my jaw. “WHAT?!”

 

“I know this is hard for you but–”

 

“Am I the last one to know about your marriage?” I asked and glanced at my ‘new shiny mother’.

 

“Minjee…  Calm down.” My dad said as he gestured me to sit down. I reluctantly sat down and I inhaled a deep breath.

 

I then turned to her. “I’m sorry for mistaking you as the new maid. I’m sorry.” I tried to compose myself.

 

She smiled and nodded. “I’m Kang Sora.” The way she introduced herself send a bad vibe through my spine.

 

“No, Yie Sora.” My dad interrupted and winked at her. Eww! If I was acting like a bastard, I would laugh my head off.

 

“It takes time to get use to it.” she chuckled.

 

I wanted to puke but right now nothing beat my aching heart. How dare he keep his marriage from me? I’m the daughter here.

 

I got up from my seat and slung my bag. “Got to go.” I went around the table and kissed my dad cheeks.

 

“Bye!” I waved and left the dining area.

 

“Minjee… You forgot your mom.” Dad shouted from his seat.

 

“I’m late.” I lied and ran as fast as I could before I heard my dad long winning speech.

 

I slowed down once I was away from the house. I stared at the ground as I headed to school. Without realising I was crying to myself.

 

I wiped my tears away and patted my cheeks, telling myself to stop crying.

 

· · · · · ·

 

“Hey Cinderella!” Baro greeted and leaned next to my locker.

 

I ignored him and opened my locker to take out my book for the next class. Without a word, I went to my class with Baro behind me.

 

“Did you do my homework?” He asked. I fished inside my bag and took out a blue folder and then handed it to him.

 

He took it with the widest smile. I swear he can divide his face with that smile. “You are the best.” He patted my back. “But my answers are different from yours right?” he asked as he scanned the homework like he have a clue about it.

 

“Duh!” I rolled my eyes. Remember that I will do anything just to shut him up? Well it’s still happening.

 

“Good, because I don’t wanna get caught.” He said and entered the class before me.

 

I groaned in annoyance. “Thank you Yie Minjee.” I mimicked his deep voice. He never said thank you to me ever.

 

Before I went to my table, I handed my homework to Mrs. Choi. “Thank you Minjee…” she said as she marked my attendance.

 

“Yie Minjee!” Mrs. Choi yelled, waking me up from my sleep. I accidently fall asleep. I didn’t know I was so sleepy, since I slept on time last night. “Sleeping in my class is unacceptable. Detention after this!” she yelled as the class giggled at me.

 

I rubbed my eyes. I can sense Baro was smirking at me. I turned to him and shot him a deathly glare. He cleared his throat and jotted down some notes.

 

When the teacher was explaining with her back facing us, Baro threw his pen at me. I narrowed my eyes at him. *This guy can’t wait for his death.*

 

He put his thumb on the side of his lips. “You’re drooling. Hahaha!”

 

I knew he was trying to fool me. “Yah!” I immediately smacked his head, causing all eyes in the room to look at me.

 

“Yie Minjee!” Mrs. Choi called my name. “Hope you love a week detention.” She announced.

 

“B-but it’s not my fault.” I defended myself.

 

“Make that two weeks. Deal?” she said in a scary tone.

 

“B-b-”

 

“Shall I add some more?”

 

I stood up from my seat and shook my head. “No!”

 

“Then settle down.”

 

I glared at Baro. He shrugged his shoulder and smirked triumphantly. “Have fun~” he sang, trying to push my button.

 

••••

 

Author Note:

 

Here it goes, just add a little bit of spice and D-R-A-M-A!!! <3