Chapter 5 A date with him Part 2

Say it again

Chapter 5 A date with him Part 2

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

We entered the house & I went on the refrigerator since I’ve insisted to cook. I was expecting that it’ll be full of food but I was wrong. It doesn’t have any food inside. Anne, why are you so fool? Why do you expect that it has food when there are no people living here & my family seldom go here? I closed the refrigerator & looked for Jaejoong oppa.

I found him at the living room. I looked on what he is staring at. It was my childhood pictures. He was smiling while looking at my pictures.

“Oppa, stop looking at my pictures. Let’s just go now to the market. We have to buy the ingredients.” I told him.

“You’re so cute on this picture.” He stated while showing the picture he was holding.

“Oppa, if we don’t go now, we’ll arrive there late in the market.” I explained.

“Ok.” He was giggling after replying that & we go on our way.

“Why do you like teasing me?” I said & pouted after.

“Because you’re so cute when you’re upset.” Jaejoong oppa answered while looking at me while I hide my blushing face.

When he answered like that, I don’t know but heat started rising up on my cheeks. I decided to forget it & started buying the ingredients.

Throughout our stay on the market, everyone greeted me & told me how handsome Jaejoong oppa & I’m lucky to have him as my boyfriend. I just smiled since they don’t know that he is my fiancé. They even give us some discount since they find as a compatible couple & they really missed me.

I suddenly get hungry so I immediately drag Jaejoong oppa on a vendor selling street foods.

“Please give me 5 of these.” I told the vendor as I pointed to the “Kwek Kwek”.

“What do you want oppa?” I asked him.

“What are those?” He pointed on the street foods.

“What I bought is what we called here “Kwek Kwek”. Kwek Kwek is a boiled quail egg, dipped in orange colored dough and fried in deep oil.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: This is the “Kwek Kwek”.)

That one is “Squid balls”. They are made with squid or cuttlefish meat, deep fried. That one is called “fish balls”. They are somewhat flat in shape and most often made from the meat of cuttlefish or pollock.

(A/N: This is the “Squid Balls”.)

And lastly, that one is “Kikiam”. They are usually made of fish meat and cuttlefish. Those are the sauces where you can choose if you want to dip it on a sweet or spicy sauce.” I explained.

(A/N: This is the “Kikiam”.)

“Please give us another 5 of these.” I told the vendor since I wanted Jaejoong oppa to taste it.

We waited for it & when it was already cooked, I get the kwek kwek & started eating it. While I was eating, I looked at Jaejoong oppa, he hesitantly eat it but smiled at me & gave me thumbs up. I smiled back & we continued eating. I was smiling & giggling at the same time when Jaejoong oppa started tasting all of street foods being sold by the vendor. Jaejoong oppa paid for all of the food & after that, we went on our way home.

While we were on our way, I looked at him.

“Oppa, I should have paid for the food I ate. You don’t have to treat me but since you’ve already paid, thank you for treating me.” I said.

“Anne, I should be the one who should thank you. If you didn’t insisted, I should not tasted it & eat those delicious foods. I think I’m already full.” Jaejoong oppa said.

“But oppa, I’ll still cook. Whether you like it or not, you’ll still eat what I will cook later.” I said while looking at Jaejoong oppa.

“Ok. Don’t worry. I’m just teasing you. Better make it delicious. If not, I’ll regret being your fiancé.” Jaejoong oppa said.

“Ya, oppa! Why you don’t believe me? You’ll know later.” I said proudly.

Jaejoong oppa only smiled & we continued going on our way. When we reached the house, I immediately went to the kitchen & prepared all of the ingredients. Since I really wanted him to taste Filipino foods, I decided to cook “adobo”.

I was surprised when Jaejoong oppa seated on the chair near me & started watching me cooking. I only smiled at him when I saw him looking at me.

“I promise you, this will taste good.” I assured him.

“Ok, my future wife.” He teasingly answered while I looked away from him.

When I heard those words from him, I suddenly felt awkward & blushed so I decided to look away from him so that he’ll not see my blushing face. I decided to not mind him & continued cooking.

“Oppa, just wait there. Why don’t you just watch tv first? I’ll just call you when I finished cooking.” I told Jaejoong oppa.

“Ok, my future wife.” He repeated again it & laughed afterwards while going on the living room. I blushed after hearing what he said.

After almost an hour, I finished cooking & put the food I cooked in the table.

“Oppa, I’m already finished. Let’s go eat.” I told Jaejoong oppa.

I arranged the table while Jaejoong oppa went closer to the dining table. He looked at the food and asked “What is this dish?”

“That’s pork & chicken adobo. Taste it, oppa.” I replied.

(A/N: This is the pork & chicken adobo mentioned above.)

I looked at Jaejoong oppa while he tasted the food. I was feeling nervous since this is the first time I’ll cooked for him & what even make me nervous is Jaejoong oppa is having a serious expression.

“It’s delicious.” He replied with a smile & thumbs up. I also smiled back & started eating. Even though we felt we’re already full earlier, we were able to eat many servings of the dish I cooked.

I also fed my pets so we were eating at the same time. When we finished eating, I was about to wash the dishes when Jaejoong oppa stopped me.

“Watch tv first. I’ll wash the dishes.” Jaejoong oppa said to me.

“But oppa…” I was about to continue but Jaejoong stopped me from continuing & replied.

“No more buts.” He said so I replied “Ok, oppa. Thanks.”. I smiled after while I went on my way to the living room. I decided to look around & what shocked me is it’s already raining hard. I was occupied with thoughts that I didn’t realized Jaejoong oppa is already behind me.

“I guess we should just stay the night here. We can’t go back with that weather.” Jaejoong oppa said & I just nodded. Both of us went on our own rooms.

End of Anne’s POV

Jaejoong’s POV:

I just finished taking a shower when I heard a scream when the thunder strikes. I know for sure it’s Anne so I decided to knock on her door.

“Anne, are you okay?” I asked after knocking on her door.

Since I was getting worried, I decided to touch the door knob to find it unlocked. I opened it & saw Anne hugging her knees while crying.

I decided to come closer to her & sit on her bed. I was surprised when she suddenly hugs me & told me “Stay with me, oppa. I’m afraid. Don’t leave me.”

“Ok. Do you want oppa to sleep with you?” I asked.

She only nodded & hugs me even tighter.

“Don’t be afraid. Oppa is here.” I comforted her.

My phone vibrated because I received a text from her brother.

(A/N: The italics are the text message.)

Don’t leave Anne. If it’s okay with you, please sing her a song so that she can sleep.

After reading that message, I decided to sing her a song since I know his brother know what to do when Anne’s started getting scared.

 

(A/N: I decided to pick the song “I’ll Protect You” sang by him. If you want to hear the song & checked its lyrics & English translation, below is the video. Credit to s3adolphin for the video.)

Her brother is right. Anne really falls asleep. She was really hugging me tightly so I can’t go to my room but to stay with her. I put aside the strands of hair from her face & looked at her. She’s really cute but also beautiful when she smiles. Not only her face which I find cute but also how she reacted like a child who is afraid of storm.

She’s really different but very cute. I started to get sleepy so I close my eyes & drifted off to dreamland after comforting her & getting her to sleep.

End of Jaejoong’s POV

Anne’s POV:

Morning came. I still don’t want to open my eyes. Wait why am I feeling I’m hugging someone? I open my eyes to see myself hugging Jaejoong oppa. I immediately release my arms from him. He budges in his sleep but I was relieved when he continued sleeping.

I looked at him & remembered what Shiela told me one day.

Flashback:

Anne & Shiela was on their way for a shopping on a mall when Shiela suddenly saw a poster of Jaejoong.

“Anne, it’s one of my dreams to see Jaejoong oppa when he wakes up. I’m the luckiest girl if I’ll be his wife. I can see always his face every morning, able to hug him every day & many more things.” Shiela said while daydreaming.

Anne didn’t replied back and just shook her head because of her friend. Shiela continued babbling things while they went on their way to a clothes shop.

End of Flashback

I stared at him & looked at his eyes that were closed, his pointed nose & his lips. When I stared at his lips, it reminded me of Shiela on what she said the same day we went on the mall.

Flashback:

“Anne, I really like Jaejoong oppa’s lips. I really wanted to feel his lips someday if it only possible. But if I’ll be given a chance, I’ll kiss him so that I can kiss those y lips of him.” Shiela continued while daydreaming.

“You’re really weird.” Anne replied & shook her head.

End of Flashback

Why am I thinking of that? When I stared at his lips, I don’t know why but I come closer to look at it more closely. It seems I was attracted to his lips. I was surprised when Jaejoong oppa suddenly opens his eyes. My eyes grow wide after realizing the close gap between our faces. I immediately move away from him & felt heat rising up on my cheeks.

“Go take a shower. I’ll cook our breakfast.” Jaejoong oppa told me.

I just nodded & took my clothes while Jaejoong oppa go downstairs to prepare our breakfast.

When I finished taking a shower, I go downstairs & saw the table full of food.

(A/N: The picture above is a Korean breakfast. It is consists of junbok jook  (abalone rice porridge), a huge stone vat of bubbling kimchi jigae (kimchi stew) with pork belly, kim (roasted seaweed), rice, and some sort of japchae (stir-fried noodles with meat and vegetables) or haemul japtang (seafood and vegetables in a thick soy ginger garlic sauce) with lots of oyster mushrooms.)

Jaejoong oppa is nowhere to be found. I suddenly heard a sound of water coming from the bathroom upstairs. He must be taking his shower so I decided to sit on the chair at the dining table & wait for him.

I was really hungry but I think it’s rude if I’ll eat now & will not wait for him when he was the one who prepared the breakfast. I stared at the food & I unintentionally my lips. Since all of you know how I grow up on learning Korean culture & language, I also tasted many Korean foods & I really enjoyed them.

My stomach growls. Why is Jaejoong oppa taking so long? My thoughts were interrupted when a heard a laugh & I know who laugh.

“Why are you laughing at me?” I asked him while he stifles a laugh & sit beside me.

“Why do you have to wait for me? I even saw you your lips because of the food. You’re very funny but cute at the same time.” Jaejoong oppa answered.

“I just waited because I think it’s rude if I’ll eat when you’re the one who prepared this food & haven’t taken your breakfast.” I replied back.

“Ok. Let’s eat now.” Jaejoong oppa answered & I just nodded. We both said “Jal meokgesseumnida”. (A/N: “Jal meokgesseumnida” means I will eat well. It is usually used when eating with someone else & before taking the meal.)

We finished eating & washed the dishes. Afterwards we prepared ourselves to go back. When we are already finished, we bid goodbyes to my pets & to aunt & uncle.

Since I’m really thankful to Jaejoong oppa for what happened yesterday night even though I’m still awkward because of what I did earlier, I decided to thank him.

“Oppa, thanks. Sorry for reacting like that. I’ve been like that ever since that day. Everyone was already asleep when suddenly thunders & lightnings filled up the sky on that day. I was really scared because I’m alone in my room. I was thankful that Jerome oppa decided to check up on me & what you did last night was he did for me to calm & to fall asleep so thank you very much. ” I explained. Even though I didn’t want to share that, I feel very comfortable with Jaejoong oppa that I really wanted to share it to him.

“Jerome texted me on what to do. Whenever you’re scared, don’t forget to contact anyone of us close to you so that we’ll not be worried, okay?” Jaejoong oppa asked.

I nodded & jokingly replied “I’ll never forget that so prepare yourself to be bothered often. Remember its rainy season here in Philippines oppa.”

“Ok my future wife.” Jaejoong oppa teasingly replied & ended with a laugh when he saw my blushing face.

“Oppa!” I said that makes him to continue laughing while I pouted.

Guess it was not a bad thing that Jaejoong oppa is my fiancé because I’ve feel like my grandfather choose a right man that will not hurt me but will make me smile always even though he always tease me & even though it is only an arranged marriage. I should stop worrying myself from now on because my fiancé is not what I thought him to be :) (A/N: The thoughts Anne thought of her fiancé is on the Chapter 1 where she shared it to her friends.

These are those lines:

“Look, what if he’s a criminal, drug addict, a ert, a crazy person? I don’t know him so I’m really nervous if one of the things I mention is right. Help me. Do you think I can convince my grandfather to not continue it?”

Remember?)

Author’s Note:

This is the 5th chapter & the continuation of the last Chapter.

It’s been a while since I updated so sorry for the late update. Just like on my previous author’s note, I’m still losing inspirations & ideas for this fic. And I’m still encountering writer’s block & I’m also having some problems in some of my school requirements & our thesis so I hope you understand.

And also I didn’t get any comment on my last update so I was assuming maybe that my readers are already not interested on reading this fic or they already stop reading my fic. Hope this time you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters & to fight writer’s block & not to lose inspirations for this fic.

And also I decided to update since I asked again for a sign. If ever our thesis defense will result into a good one, I’ll update & I’m happy that our thesis defense today ended well.

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!