Chapter 2 So I was right all along

Say it again

Chapter 2 So I was right all along

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

Your POV:

The ride was not long since my school is not far from our house. When we arrived, I immediately entered our house and confronted my grandfather who is sitting on our couch in the living room.

“You skip classes again?” My grandfather asked.

“I don’t want to beat around the bush. Grandfather, am I really engaged with a Korean guy? Why? Don’t tell me since you gave me that ring? Is it a promise with your Korean best friend or Korean business partner? I have cousins that are also girls and just like me, are still single. So do you really choose me? Wait don’t tell me you’re 13th grandson/granddaughter will be the one who will be arranged to get married since I’m your 13th granddaughter. What if both of your 13th grandchild turns out to be both boys or girls? Will you still continue the promise?” I asked him those questions.

“As expected from you, you’ll ask those questions. Yes you’re right. You’re engaged to the grandson of my Korean best friend Kim Joong Ki. (A/N: This is also fictional.) It’s our promise and desire to get our grandchildren to get married. That way both our families will get closer. It’s not actually the 13th grandchild; just like what you said, our past grandchildren turns out to be both boys or girls and we were losing hope when suddenly you were born and he already have a 6 year old grandson so we continue the promise.” My grandfather explained.

“But wait, so it means he’s 6 year older than me and that I was engaged since I was born?” I asked again. I really can’t believe this! I’m only 17 and I’m already engaged.

“Yes, you’re right. Actually, we’ll announce your engagement on your 18th birthday and tomorrow you’ll meet my best friend and his grandson.” My grandfather smiled while saying that.

“Grandfather, can you cancel the engagement? I don’t want to marry a stranger. I want to marry the guy who I will love.” I pleaded my grandfather and even show my puppy eyes to convince him.

“Our decision is already final. Just prepare tomorrow. We’ll meet them at 7 in the evening so don’t ever think of having an appointment on that time. And I know your class will finish at 5 in the afternoon so don’t dare me Anne. You know what I can do.” My grandfather told me.

My grandfather is a person who doesn’t care of your reasons if he already decided on something. Once his decision is final, you can’t do anything to prevent it so I decided to go to my room but I first glare at my grandfather before going upstairs to go to my room.

My parents came and I didn’t greet them. I even didn’t eat dinner since I really hate my grandfather. I thought he was kind to me but it’s just because of that damn promise. I decided to sleep early because tomorrow I’ll find a way to prevent that to happen.

Morning came and I didn’t greet my grandfather even my parents. Why also my parents? I heard them arguing with my grandfather and they knew all along.

Flashback:

“Where’s Anne?” My parents asked. I heard their voices so I decided to slightly open my door to listen to their conversation.

“She’s in her room. I’ve already told her.” My grandfather told them. I saw the surprise look in their faces. Wait don’t tell me they knew all along? Anne, don’t rush to conclusions.

“Pa, we’ve already asked you to cancel that arranged marriage. We don’t want her to experience what my sister experienced when you engaged him to the son of your business partner. I wanted him to find the right man for him; a man who’ll love her and whom she will love.” My father asked. So I’m right? They hide it from me.

“He’s right, Pa. Let Anne have a normal life. You know her she doesn’t like being controlled by someone. She might do all the ways to prevent this marriage to happen so let’s just cancel it. Please, Pa.” My mother asked this time. I know they care for me but still why did they hide it from me? It really irritates me so I bang my door to show them I’m angry. After that, I lay down on my bed and decided to sleep early because tomorrow I’ll find a way to prevent that to happen.

End of Flashback

I even ask our driver to drive me to school since I can’t bear to see them because of what they’ve done to me. I came early since I really wanted to not see them; those people who I’ve thought really cared for me when they all fooled me and hided something that concerns my future.

After some minutes, my friends came and greeted me. I only smiled weakly and not greeted them back. They sit beside me and started asking me questions.

“So you’re right?” Stephanie asked.

“Did your grandfather tell you what his name is?” This time, it was Jessica who asked.

“Did your grandfather tell you the reason why he did that?” Christina asked.

“Is he handsome? Is he one of the members of JYJ or TVXQ?” Shiela asked.

“When will you meet him?” Marielle asked.

“Why do you have many questions? Don’t worry. I’ll answer them all but maybe during the break.” I answered like that since our teacher, Ms. Revilla, came and started our class. Since she’s a kind teacher, I decided to listen to her since she’s very good in explaining. Yes, I also know all what she’s teaching but she’s a teacher who makes the lesson easier for my classmates.

After that class was our break time so as usual, we went to our school cafeteria to order and bought food. We also sit on our usual place. When we place our food on the table, they looked at me so that I’ll start answering their questions a while ago.

I told them everything and they asked again. I really thought I already answered all their questions and I’m starting to think they are really good in creating new questions.

“Take pictures of him and send it to us so we’ll know him or we can see his face.” Shiela said. I was really surprised since I thought she will ask another question.

“Don’t forget that. You know what we will do if you break your promise.” Christina said.

“Ok. I won’t forget it but can we eat now? I’m already hungry.” I asked them. Remember, I didn’t eat dinner last night and I also didn’t eat breakfast since I don’t want to be with them.

“You should have thought of the consequence of not eating.” Marielle jokingly said and they all giggled as they saw me eating like there’s no tomorrow. 

After our break, we go to attend our last class. I also listen even though I’m bored but I have to since he’s a strict teacher. He discusses the lessons and the 2 hours was not enough for him that he makes the remaining topics he have to teach us as an assignment. After that, he dismisses our class and we fixed our things to go home.

“Remember your promise.” Jessica reminded.

“Do you think it’s a good plan if I will say to my grandfather that I have plans today and can’t make it so that he’ll cancel the dinner?” I asked my friends but I was surprised to hear the voice I hate.

“I told you. Don’t you ever do this to me.” My grandfather told me and looked at me. I run and tried to escape from my grandfather when I heard him say.

“Go get her!” I even run faster when I saw my grandfather’s bodyguards started chasing me. After some minutes, one of them already caught me and carried me over his shoulder.

“Put me down. I really hate you! To think you’re my grandfather! I don’t want to go with you!” I said and hit the shoulder of that bodyguard. My plan to escape failed because that bodyguard already brought me inside my grandfather’s car.

”I’ve already told you many times not to do this. You left me with no choice but to drag you. Why don’t you listen to me?” My grandfather asked me.

“I’ll only listen to you if you’ll cancel this marriage.” I coldly answered.

After that, I didn’t speak nor look at my grandfather. The place where we will meet my fiancé is far so we arrived late. I didn’t even dressed formal clothes since we’ll be more late so we entered the restaurant. My grandfather already saw his best friend since he was facing the door while his grandson was sitting beside his grandfather so I wasn’t able to see his face because we’re still far from them. We approached them and my grandfather sits opposite his friend while I have no choice but to sits beside my grandfather. I was about to bow at him when I saw his face. My eyes grew wide and thought of this:

Of all the guys in Korea, why it turns out to be him?

Author’s Note:

This is the 2nd chapter. I didn’t really expected that I will have 9 subscribers after I posted this story.

Thank you very much to all! Love you all :)

Thank you to those who subscribed & read this chapter.

Also thank you to @ryoma28 & @ michaellasone for the comments on the last chapter :)

Please comment on what you think of this chapter.

My next update will reveal who is Anne’s fiancé.

Hope you look forward to my next update!