Chapter 7 Thank You Part 2

Say it again

Chapter 7 Thank You Part 2

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

Anne’s POV:

Today is what every college student dreams of. Today is the graduation day of our batch. Students arrive & made their way on their respective seat. Everyone has a smile on their faces while waiting for the ceremony to start. And also, all of our parents are happily smiling or chatting with other parents while also waiting for the fruit of their hard work that makes us their children graduating today. I myself also was smiling seeing the happy atmosphere.

After some minutes, the ceremony started & everyone participated. I was too engrossed with the program that I almost forgot that my speech will be the next part of the ceremony.

“Now, let us hear the speech of our summa laude, Ms. Anne Concepcion!” The host of our graduation announces as I stand up to go on my way to the stage.

I started my speech by greetings the guests, the school staff, my fellow graduates & our parents. All throughout my speech, I narrated how all of us students spent our college life. How we studied hard for our exams, how we enjoyed the company of our friends & fellow classmates or students, how we sometimes get lazy in doing our homework & projects, how we sometimes arrived late in our classes or sometimes absent in our classes, how some of my classmates get inspired because of their inspirations, how we often get scolded by our parents if we’re not doing well on our exams or if we are taking for granted our studies & many more experiences during our 4 years stay in our school. I also implied on my speech that whatever we experienced & endured during those days, what matters the most is the fruit of it; which is our graduation which each one of us is part of it. And also that after this day, a new part of our journey will start & hoping all of us can be successful in our chosen fields with our diplomas that will help us in fulfilling the dream job we want to have. And I ended the speech with congratulating all of us graduates & thanking all of those who help us during our college days such as our loving parents, our professors & other school stuff, our friends & also our family & relatives who have been there to lend their hand for us.

(A/N: I didn’t create a graduation speech because I don’t know how to create one so I decided to just narrated what I always hear or read what those graduates who gives speech always say. I just got an idea from them so sorry if you find the speech part to be boring or too long.)

I smiled while they are clapping & I go on my way back to my seat. Since I was the summa laude, I was awarded & afterwards, the other graduates go up on the stage for their turn to get their diploma & to be acknowledge as a graduate. 

(A/N: Sorry if there are some mistakes on the graduation since I have no knowledge how is the flow of the graduation for those college graduates since I’m still a college student but already graduating. I just know the flow of graduation of high school students.)

When the ceremony ended, each one of us throws our graduation caps in the air as a sign of a fulfilment after 4 years of hardships. After that, I was greeted & congratulated by my nanny, my parents, my friends who also graduated, my fellow graduates & their parents or relatives & other fellow students who were present in the ceremony who also wished that someday they will also graduate like us.

I was about to look for that particular person when a guy suddenly came in front of me & handed me a bouquet of flowers.

 “Congratulations!” He shyly said while I thanked him with a smile. He immediately left & I was surprised when a line of guys started giving either chocolates or bouquet of flowers & I accepted it because I don’t want to reject them. As I get closer look on them, I recognize them as those guys who courted me back then.

“Bunso is really popular. Maybe you should go now Bunso, Aunt, Uncle and  Nanny because there are many things you have to bring that I think if you stay longer, it’ll be hard to carry those things.” Ate Marielle told us.

“But how about my party later?” I asked.

“We’ll just go there. Don’t worry we’ll not ditch you. Go now.” Shiela said.

I nodded & waved goodbye at them before hopping on the car. While we are still on the school premises, I looked at the window & I was kinda disappointed that particular person who is Jaejoong oppa wasn’t able to attend my graduation.

Yah! Anne, he told you he’ll try. Why are you expecting too much?  You know he’s popular & he’s busy.

After some minutes, we finally arrived at the house. We were welcomed by the sight of people busy preparing for the party later. I greeted them which they returned back before going to my room. When I enter my room, I was greeted by people whom I know; they are always the one who will prepare me for formal parties.

Actually, I’m only wearing casual clothes whenever I, my friends & classmates are hosting parties but the party later will consists of businessman/business partners whom my grandfather or my whole family knows so I have no choice but to wear formal/semi-formal clothes as long as I look presentable. I let them & do whatever they wanted me to do such as changing the clothes or sitting comfortably while they dress me up.

After some hours, they were able to dress me up.

(A/N: The picture above is the way Anne looks for the party.) 

After that, I went downstairs & I was greeted by the sight of many people. I was familiar with some of the people because I often meet them whenever we have parties such as this. Most of them are my family’s business partners.

I started greeted them as they congratulated me. I also chatted with some of them whom I have known for so long. When I finished entertaining some of the guests, I started looking around for my friends. They were the only one who was able to attend my party since some of my classmates who also graduated are celebrating with their own parties. Some of my schoolmates who I’ve been close to during my stay in our college weren’t able to attend because they have plans today which were already plan ahead before I invited them.

I smiled when I recognized my friends. They just arrived & they greeted me with a hug. They look beautiful tonight with their dress & how their makeup & hairs are styled.

“Bunso, you look beautiful tonight. Congratulations Suma laude!” Marielle congratulated me.

My other friends also hug me and said “Congrats Bunso!” I was about to chat with them when my nanny approached me and whispered “Anne, your parents ask me that they need you to give a toast to all the guests here.” I just nodded as I excused myself & told my friends about it.

I looked at my parents & grandfather as they gestured me for me to start the toast. I just nodded & smiled at them before I walk up on the stage.

“Excuse me everyone, may I have your attention please?” I started my speech for the toast.

Everyone looked at me as they waited for me to speak again.

“First of all, thanks everyone for attending my graduation party to congratulate me for being the Suma laude of our batch. I am so glad that I was able to celebrate this special day in my life with all of you. Hope you enjoy the party tonight and the foods served today are to your liking. I'd like to invite everyone to raise your glasses and join me in wishing all of us to have a great night. Cheers everyone!” I raise my glass and took a sip on my glass as everyone joins me.

After the toast, I first smiled everyone before going on my way to my friends. My friends were seated on the bar that is far from the stage or you can say that it’s on the right side of the venue. It’s not that we don’t want to socialize with other guests but we just wanted to be far from them to have a private time with each other. It’s because we kinda felt “OP” or out of place with the guests since they always talked about business. And also we already chatted with them earlier so I think we didn’t snob them.

“Bunso, you have to drink today. Remember it’s your party? And party always have drinks. You can’t escape now.” Ate Marielle told me.

“But still I’m underage. Underage is not allowed to drink.” I reasoned out.

“Anne, you’re just making excuses. You know there are many teenagers that are younger than you are already drinking. It’s not you’ll drink every day; just today. ” Stephanie said.

“Why don’t we play truth or dare? To those who can’t answer the question, have to do the dare. And the dare is to drink a shot of that cocktail.” Jessica said.

“But I already drank earlier and I’m getting dizzy already. Knowing all of you I know you can create questions that will make me do the dare.” I objected.

“Don’t worry. It’ll be fair game. So, bunso, don’t be a killjoy? Ok. Let’s start the game.” Christina said.

Sheila borrowed an empty bottle from the bartender on the bar & she spins it. I let out a sigh when the bottle pointed to Ate Stephanie.

“So, Stephanie, what do you think of the new professor in school? Do you find him hot? I’ve learnt that he’s only 2 years older than us.” Ate Sheila asked. After hearing the question, I started to get nervous with what they will ask me. It’s because Ate Stephanie has a crush on that new professor but she just don’t admit it even though we can notice it.

Ate Stephanie blushed with the question but without any hesitation, she drinks a shot since we all knew she wanted to avoid the question or she wanted to not answer the question.

This time it was Ate Stephanie who spins the bottle & I let out a sigh again when the bottle pointed to Ate Christina.

“What will you do if you saw Yoochun of JYJ?” Ate Stephanie asked.

“I don’t know but I’m pretty sure that I’ll try to hug him because there is a saying that says always grabs the opportunity whenever you have the chance.” Ate Christina replied.

We laughed with her answer. Afterwards, it was Ate Christina who spins the bottle & maybe luck is not with me because it pointed on me.

“What do you think of Jaejoong’s lips?” Ate Christina asked me.

After hearing that question, I suddenly remembered what happen on our 1st date when I stared at his lips & I even come closer to have a look on it. I suddenly felt I’m blushing so without hesitation, I hurriedly drink the shot. Even though I don’t like the taste, I decided to not mind it rather than answering that question.

End of Anne’s POV

No One’s POV:

Their game continued & everyone was able to answer the question. Stephanie only drinks one time while everyone didn’t. They were really open to answer the questions freely without being feeling blushing but sometimes; they get embarrassed with some of the questions that are embarrassing. But they rather answer than to be drunk. They know each other for so long & they all know that everyone will asks questions like that so that the person who is being questioned will have no choice but to drink. And that what happen to Anne. The questions always asked to Anne are all about Jaejoong like about Jaejoong’s body, Jaejoong’s face or about their future together as husband & wife.

Anne gets drunk that all of her friends started become surprised with Anne’s behaviour. She started hugging her friends or even kissing her friends’ cheeks.

“Ate, you’re so cute!” Anne said in a drunken voice and hiccups after.

“Ate, I feel hot.” Anne said & started to slowly reach for her dress to remove it.

All of her friends started to panic so they immediately called for Jerome.

“Kuya Jerome, Anne is really drunk. She’s started kissing & hugging us. She also kept on hiccupping. And what’s worse she’s started to feel hot maybe because of the alcohol. And she wanted to remove her dress so I think she must be brought to her room now. At least there are few of the guests here so I don’t think many will be bothered seeing the heiress to act like that.” Marielle explained. (A/N: “Kuya” is a Filipino word used for calling an older boy.)

Jerome only nodded & carried Anne. Her friends decided to surround Anne & Jerome to block the view of Anne drunken state to the guests. When they arrived at Anne’s room, Jerome immediately places her sister on her bed.

“Kuya Jerome, I think we should change her dress into her night dress so that she’ll be comfortable while sleeping.” Marielle said. Jerome nodded and was about to left the room when suddenly Stephanie said something.

“And also, Kuya Jerome, you can explain to some guests or to your parents why Anne is not around down there the party.” Stephanie explained.

Jerome nodded and replied “Ok. Take care of my sister while I take care of some explanations to our parents.”

They changed Anne into a night dress after taking off her dress and her heels. They also wipe her face to remove the make up on her face. After that, they tuck the blanket in her before leaving the room.

They went downstairs and went to look for Jerome. They immediately approach him to bid goodbye to him.

“Kuya Jerome, Anne is already ok now. I guess we have to go now since our parents only knew we’re attending the party that will only last for 3 hours. And I think we’ll not be safe with our parents’ scolding if we’ll come home late.” Christina said.

“But if you want, all of you can stay here just like last time when Anne gets scared. I think you can inform your parents that you can stay here tonight.” Jerome tried to persuade them since he knew Anne will be happy to see her friends once she wakes up tomorrow.

“We really wanted to kuya but tomorrow I’ll be having a party of our own. And you know our parents they wanted us to be prepared early in the morning so I think our parents may get angry with us if we’ll not be on our house. While the rest of them wanted to rest & will be celebrating or spending the whole day with their family.” Shiela explained.

 “Ok. I’ll take care of Anne once she wakes up tomorrow. Be careful all of you on your way home and thanks for accompanying Anne & attending her party.” Jerome said and afterwards, Anne’s friends give him a hug before waving a goodbye & going on their own houses.

Next morning

Anne’s POV:

I was awaken by the light shining through my window. It turns out it was my nanny who drew the curtains to wake me up. I sit up & rub my head since it really hurts. I should have not drunk that much yesterday but I can’t help it since I have to answer the questions my friends asked me.

“Here, drink this orange juice. It’ll help you to ease your hangover.” My nanny asked & come closer to give me the orange juice.

I nodded before I drink the orange juice. After that, she took the glass when I finished drinking the orange juice.

“Go take a bath. I already prepared your bath. It will freshen you up. After that, go downstairs & take your breakfast because it was your brother who is preparing your breakfast.” My nanny told me.

“Really, Kuya Jerome is preparing my breakfast? He seldom prepares me a breakfast whenever we’re together.” I asked.

“It’s because he was really worried yesterday.” My nanny replied.

“Ok. I will, nanny.” I said before I took my clothes to go to the bathroom to bath.

After I take a bath & also brush my teeth, I go downstairs & saw my brother putting the food he prepared.

“Here, eat now.” Kuya Jerome told me as he sits on a chair.

I sit down beside him before saying “Kuya Jerome, I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. It’s just that my friends questions are a really bit embarrassing to answer so I have no choice but to drink many shots. Forgive me kuya please?” I said that as I show him my puppy eyes.

“Ok, you’re forgiven but don’t do it again. You know your friends were really worried even our parents, grandfather & nanny so don’t ever think of doing it again because for sure, I’ll really hit you or will not forgive you. Understood?” Kuya Jerome said.

I just only nodded since I was already eating because I’m really hungry. Kuya was really worried because of my hangover that he prepared a light breakfast.

“Kuya Jerome, thanks for the breakfast & for always taking good care of me. I promised I’ll stop doing things that will make you worried.” I said while raising my hands to show I’m sincere.

He only nodded & we took our breakfast together. When we finished eating, our nanny took the plates & washed it. I was about to go on my upstairs when my brother told me something: “Go to our garden by 8 in the evening. If you don’t, I may not forgive you of what happened yesterday.”

I pouted before saying “Kuya, you know I really hate surprises. Grandfather already gave me a surprise & it was really surprising that I feel like I’m starting to hate surprises. What is it, kuya? Tell me.” I said & tried again showing him my puppy eyes that he can’t resist.

“Surprises are meant not to be tell because if they are meant to tell, then it will be no longer a surprise. I’ll go now in the office.” Kuya Jerome explained.

I pouted & waved goodbye to Kuya Jerome before going upstairs to my room. It was still early so I don’t know what to do. I suddenly remembered my friends so I decided to text them & unfortunately, I found out they’re celebrating with their families so they can't accompany me now.

I suddenly saw my pet Sachi. It was really cute & it grew big. After some hours, I got bored & also my pet Sachi because it suddenly yawns & fell asleep so I decided to play games or surf the net on my iPad. I was suddenly interrupted by a knock. I opened the door & it revealed Kuya Jerome.

“Why, Kuya Jerome?” I asked confused.

“I told you that you should be at the garden at 8. It’s already 7:30. I didn’t expect you to forget it.” Kuya Jerome said.

“Right, I’ll prepare now. Thanks Kuya Jerome for reminding me. Wait for me kuya on the garden.” I said. Kuya Jerome only said “Ok” before I closed the door to prepare myself.

Since I have only 30 minutes, I just prepared myself for 20 minutes.

(A/N: This is the clothes she wears. Just pretend she doesn’t have any bag & a cap with her.)

 (A/N: On the picture, is the way her hair is & the shoes she chose to wear.)

I immediately went to the garden in hoping to see Kuya Jerome but he wasn’t there. I was greeted by a table in the middle of our garden.

(A/N: This is how the table in the middle of Anne’s garden looks like.)

I looked at my watch after I sit on one of the chair. It was only 7:55. Maybe that’s why Kuya Jerome was still not here. After 5 minutes, I started to look at my surroundings if ever Kuya Jerome will come out but it turns out it was the 2 of the people I least expected to see.

(A/N: It was Yoochun & Junsu who Anne saw when she looked at her surroundings.)

They smiled at me before they sits on the chairs. Surely, if Ate Christina & Ate Stephanie will know this, they’ll surely bugs me that why I didn’t tell them that I met the two. But I have reasons. First, this is a surprise so I don’t know that they were the one who’ll meet me. Second, I don’t want the two of them to be terrified on how my 2 friends will react.

“Hi I’m Anne Concepcion. Nice meeting the two of you!” I introduced myself.

“Hi I’m Xiah Junsu. You can call me Junsu oppa. Jaejoong hyung is right. You’re so cute!” Junsu oppa introduced before giving me a hug and when he broke from the hug, I shyly smiled before saying “Thanks”.

“Hi I’m Park Yoochun. Hyung can’t make it so he just asked us a favour to celebrate your graduation with us even though we’re already late by 1 day. You don’t mind it, right?” Yoochun oppa introduced before also giving me a hug.

“I don’t mind at all. And thank you for celebrating my graduation.” I replied to Yoochun oppa after he breaks the hug.

“Actually, you don’t have to introduce yourselves oppa. I know maybe not all about you but many things about you after having 2 friends who are a big fan of the two of you.” I said & they both laugh.

“Are they here?” Junsu oppa asked.

“First of all, Junsu oppa, this is a surprise that Kuya Jerome told me so I didn’t know that the 2 of you will appear here & will celebrate my graduation even though it’s kinda late. And second, I don’t want the 2 of you to be terrified because I can’t imagine what will my 2 friends will do when I will say to them that the 2 of you are here. You can say I just want to protect the two of you to those 2. Actually, when I’ve learned or suspected that I’m arranged to someone, both of them told me that they’ll help me to convince grandfather or escape this arranged marriage if my future husband will be one of you.” I told them and they both laugh.

“Actually, Jaejoong hyung told us that. You have also a friend who likes hyung. Hyung told us what was your friend reaction when you show her the picture of hyung as your future husband.” Yoochun oppa said.

“You’re right. I thought I’ll be deaf after hearing her screams.” I said & the three of us laughs.

After that, the three of us converse everything under the sun. We share some stories about our life & they were really interested on how we both Jaejoong oppa shared our days together. I really had fun with them but still I was disappointed because Jaejoong oppa was not with us.

“Anne, are you missing Jaejoong hyung?” Yoochun oppa suddenly asked me.

“Actually, yes because he’s really a good & caring oppa. It was like he’s my another brother except Jerome oppa. But I know he’s busy so I’ll understand so better tell oppa, he has to make up for me because I’ll get mad if not.” I told them & they smiled.

“We’ll not forget that because it may be the cause of your throwing tantrums.” Yoochun oppa jokingly replied.

I pouted before answering “I’m not a kid. Why is everybody thinking I’m like a kid?”

“Because you’re just too cute & you can say after hearing Jaejoong hyung’s stories about you, you often act like a child.” Junsu oppa replied.

My pouted lips didn’t leave my face after what the 2 of them said and they were laughing at my reaction.

“Why are both of you like Jaejoong oppa who likes teasing me?” I asked them.

“Because you’re fun to tease especially your reactions when we tease you.” Yoochun oppa answered.

I just decided to not mind them but suddenly my stomach growls loudly.

“Looks like someone is already hungry.” Junsu oppa teased me.

I just pouted again before trying very hard to hide my blushing face after what my stomach created that loud sound to embarrass me.

“Ok. Waiter!” Yoochun called with a clap.

After some minutes, a man holding our food arrived. I can’t see his face because of the chef’s hat he’s wearing & the face mask he’s wearing also since he hurriedly put the food on the table & afterwards, the drinks. Its kinda weird to see a waiter wearing a face mask but maybe he has cold & just don’t want us to get infected by the cold.

“Hope the food I prepared is to your liking.” The man said.

“Wait, you’re also the one who prepares this? So you’re the chef also?” I asked back.

“Yes, Anne. Isn’t it the chef’s job to prepare the food?” Yoochun oppa asked & laughed at the same time with Junsu oppa. I suddenly realized I asked a stupid question.

“But I was just surprised that I though he was the waiter but it turns out he was also the chef. Stop laughing Junsu & Yoochun oppa!” I said and pouted after.

When they stop laughing, I decided to taste the food. It was new to me so I asked the chef.

“What is this? Can you tell me what’s the name of this dish? It’s very delicious!” I exclaimed.

I was surprised when suddenly the chef removes his chef’s hat with the face mask & revealed his face.

“Jaejoong oppa?” I said surprisingly.

Author’s Note:

This is the 7th chapter. It’s been a while since I updated so sorry for the super late update. Just like on my previous author’s note, I’m still losing inspirations & ideas for this fic. And I’m still encountering writer’s block but since I gain subscribers & it’s my birthday today, I decided to update & also trying to fight the writer’s block I’m experiencing so I can left you hanging.

And also thank you @applata32 & to my sister @heesica03 for the comments on my last update. Hoping you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters & to fight writer’s block & not to lose inspirations for this fic.

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Will try to write the next chapter :)

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!