Chapter 3 Why him???

Say it again

Chapter 3 Why him???

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

Your POV:

Kim Jaejoong oppa? Why it has to be him?

 “ I’m Kim Joong Ki and he is my grandson Kim Jae Joong.”His grandfather introduced.

“You don’t have to introduce yourself harabeoji. I’ve heard a lot about you from harabeoji. By the way, I’m Anne Concepcion. Nice meeting you! ” I cheerfully introduced even though I still can’t believe my fiancé is Jaejoong oppa. I just pretended that I’m not surprised.

Jaejoong oppa smiled and answered “Nice meeting you also.” It was awkward to smile but I just did because I know if I don’t, my grandfather will pester me when we got home. I’m very used to be cheerful and smiled to other people especially during parties held by my grandfather and his friends. I’m used to this.

“Your granddaughter is very beautiful and very polite.”His grandfather complimented me and as expected, I have to reply “Thank you” with a smile. I’ve done this many times so I didn’t look forced or awkward with that actions.

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other…”My grandfather started conversing with Jaejoong oppa’s grandfather. 

 I suddenly remembered I’ll have to take a picture of him & send it to my friends.

I get my phone on the bag secretly since I know my grandfather is busy talking to his best friend. I pretended I’m texting someone and I was able to take a picture of him. Lucky he didn’t notice it! Right he was listening to the conversation of our grandfathers which really bored me. I immediately send the picture to my friends with a message. I didn’t add any personal message since he may notice me. After that, I pretended to listen to the conversation of our grandfathers.

When suddenly my phone rings. I looked at the name of the caller and just what I was expecting; it’s Shiela. The 3 of them looked at me and I bowed after saying “I’m sorry. I think I have to answer this call.”

They just nodded and I answered the call.

“Anne!!!”Shiela screams and I have to keep my phone away from my ear because I may become deaf with Shiela’s screams.

When I sensed she already stops from screaming, I threaten her with this.

“If you scream again, I’ll end this call.”I told her. She only replied “Ok. I’ll not do it again. I was just shocked with the picture of your fiancé.”

“Ok. I know why you call but what you see is true. Right, he’s my fiancé. Can we just talk this later? Look. We’re discussing about the marriage. But actually, Shiela, help me. I really don’t want this marriage to continue. Can you get me out of here and let’s go shopping? It will be more fun to be with you.”I beg her.

My grandfather glared at me and said this “Don’t ever try to escape again Anne. End that call.”

“Sorry, Shiela. I know you heard it. My loving grandfather is asking me to end this call. Bye!”  I said and waited for Shiela to end the call.

“Happy now grandfather?”I said sarcastically.

“Stop, Anne! They are here. Don’t be disrespectful!”He screams at me.

“But grandfather, you’re the only one whom I’m disrespecting here.”I replied with a smirk.

“What do you want? I’ll give it to you just agreed with the marriage.”He begs me and I don’t know but tears are forming when he blurted that.

“Harabeoji, have you ever think of my feelings? Whenever we’re at formal parties, you always told me to smile and greet your friends cheerfully. And even smiled at them when they give compliments about me. Do you know all along that I hate it because I have to pretend so that they’ll think I’m polite and a good granddaughter when I’m not? And today, you even beg me to marry a stranger. Yes I know him. He’s Kim Jaejoong of JYJ but what else I know? Ah! He’s the grandson of Mr. Kim Joong Ki and he’s my fiancé. That’s all! Why can you bear to let me marry a stranger? Harabeoji, it’s my future you’ll ruin. You have already ruin aunt’s future. Do you know that my cousin Rose is always sad? And why wouldn’t she? She knows her parents didn’t love each other and they were arranged by you and your business partner. She always felt that she’s just a result of a mistake. Do you want that to also happen to me? Harabeoji, I beg you don’t continue this. ”I beg harabeoji while my tears kept on falling from my eyes.

“Sorry, Anne. My decision is final.”My grandfather replied.

“I hate you harabeoji!”I told him before exiting the restaurant.

End of Your POV

When Jaejoong saw Anne’s reaction, he suddenly remembers how his grandfather told him about it.

Flashback:

Jaejoong’s POV:

I was at my house when I received a call from my grandfather. He rarely calls me and so do I so I think it’s important and I have to answered it immediately because harabeoji is short tempered.

“Why did you call harabeoji?”I asked when I answered his call.

“Can you come over to our house? I’ll have to tell you something very important.”My grandfather told me.

“Ok then. I’ll go there. Bye.”I replied and ended the call.

When I arrived, grandfather greeted me so I also greeted him back.

“What is it, grandfather you wanted to say to me?”I asked while I seated on our couch.

“Ok. I’ll go straight to the point. Remember I asked you to learn Philippines culture & their language?”I only nodded to agree with what he say when he continued.

“And also that ring that you have since you were born.”My grandfather asked.

“What about it, harabeoji?”I asked this time.

“My best friend Pete Concepcion from Philippines and I agreed on an agreement that our grandson/granddaughter will get married when the time comes. At first, we were losing hope since we already have 12 grandchildren and it always be both boys or girls when suddenly his daughter give birth to a girl. And from that day on, you were engaged to his granddaughter.”My grandfather explained.

“Wait, you’ve given me this ring when I was 6 years old? Don’t tell me she’s 6 years younger than her? Harabeoji, I still don’t want to get married. I’m worried about her. She’s too young to get married. And I still have my career. The marriage may affect my career and my fans may get mad at her.”I objected to my grandfather.

“But you know me, it’s my final decision. We’ll go to Philippines tomorrow. I already informed your company and I already told them the reasons and just like you, they objected. Even if they stop you, you’ll go with me so go back on your house and pack your things.”He told me and since I don’t want to argue with him, I just nodded and went back to our house.

When I came back to my house, the manager already discussed it to Yoochun & Junsu so it’s not a surprise to me that they’ll text me.

Yoochun texted me this:

(A/N: The italics are the text message.)

Hyung, we’ve learned she’s 6 years younger than you. Do you know her or does your grandfather show you any picture?

I was about to reply when Junsu texted me this:

Do you agree?

I sighed before replying this to both of them:

You know my grandfather; I have no choice but to agree. It’s hard to argue with him when his decision is already final because it’ll be like whether you like it or not, you can’t stop it from happening. Since manager hyung already told you everything about it, I’ll just pack my things.

I sadly replied and went to my room.

When morning comes, my grandfather picked me up and we went to the airport to go to Philippines. I think it was a 3 hours flight and both of us didn’t converse since I don’t want to because of this arrangement he put me in.

When we arrived, we part ways to go to our own room. We even took lunch together but it was a really quiet lunch when my grandfather suddenly blurted something.

“Oh by the way, we’ll meet my friend and you’re fiancée later at 7 in the evening. Prepare yourself then.”I just only nodded and didn’t utter any word. I finished first my lunch so I bowed to him as a respect and made my way on my room.

I didn’t notice that it’s already 6 in the evening since I was busy trying to write or compose a song so I decided to prepare myself. I heard a sudden knock and I know it’s my grandfather so I decided to open and go with him. We’ve arrived before 7 in the evening and it looks like they’re late but I didn’t mind because I was hoping they’ll not arrive.

But my hope turns out to be a false hope when they suddenly arrive.

(A/N: All what happens when you arrived is just the same so I didn’t include Jaejoong’s POV.)

End of Jaejoong’s POV

End of Flashback

No One’s POV:

“I hate you harabeoji!”You told your grandfather before exiting the restaurant.

Jaejoong didn’t look back and followed you because he knows you need company now.

Author’s Note:

This is the 3rd Chapter.

I’d like to thank you all again who participated on the poll. That really helped me to continue this fic & bring back the inspiration to finish this fic! Love you all :)

Thank you to those who read this chapter.

Also thank you to @Around, @chen_chen, @SaranghaeJaeJoong& @ michaellasone for the comments on the last chapter :)

Please comment on what you think of this chapter.

Hope you look forward to my next update!