Chapter 4 A date with him Part 1

Say it again

Chapter 4 A date with him Part 1

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

Your POV:

Why is he so stubborn? Why can’t he think first with this arranged marriage before making it happen? I stop from running when I saw the park my older brother & I enjoyed going to. I really miss my brother. Wish he’s here to comfort me…

I sit on the swing and continued crying. I was really hurt with what my grandfather wanted. How can he do this to me? He always tells me that I’m his favourite granddaughter. Don’t tell me because I was the one who makes his agreement to come true? Why did he lie to me? All along, he was showing that he really loves me because of that agreement.

I really wanted to die now so that it will not happen. I was staring at my feet so I didn’t notice someone was already beside me; also sitting on another swing.

“Are you ok? Sorry. Guess we have similar grandfather that don’t listen to us?” My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a voice that said that to me. I know its Jaejoong oppa so I wiped my tears immediately.

“It’s okay. You can cry. You’ll be more hurt if you’ll keep your anger.” He told me and even offered his handkerchief.

“Oppa, it’s not that I don’t like you. I just don’t like to get married at this age. I still have dreams that I want to accomplish so I hope you’ll understand me. I really wanted to cancel this engagement. And also you oppa I know you have a good career and this marriage may affect your career. Can you help me to convince our grandfathers to stop this?” I beg him.

“You know I already told my grandfather about it but he’s not listening and always told me that his decision is already final and will not change his decision. I’m sorry. I really wanted to help but I can’t because of my grandfather.” He answered me and I really became sad more. I ended up crying more and wipe my tears with his handkerchief.

I was surprised when he suddenly told me this.

“You can cry on my shoulder. I know you need it if you want.” He said to me.

I only shook my head and wiped my tears.

“So I think my wish is really hopeless?” I asked him.

He first nodded before replying this “I can be your older brother if we can’t learn to love each other. When you need me, I can help you and I’ll be there. We can also be friends.”

I smiled at him before replying “Yes, you’re right Jaejoong oppa. Thank you for comforting me. But oppa, I really need your help. My friend Shiela is your fan. I think she may get mad at me and may hurt me. Actually oppa, I & my friends were joking that my fiancé will turn out to be an idol and they all told me that if their bias turns out to be my fiancé, they’ll help me to stop this arranged marriage. But I know you know that it’ll not happen because of our grandfathers. Right?” I asked him.

He first giggles before answering “Ok. If ever she’ll hurt you, as your older brother, I’ll convince her not to hurt you.”

I really felt comfortable with him. We continued chatting. He shares how his life as a JYJ member while I told him my life as a student. We laugh with some of the embarrassing or funny moments of our life that we shared to each other. It seems like I found a new older brother.

It was getting dark and I know our driver will arrive soon. I was right. He came but what surprised me is when the car opens, I saw my older brother Jerome.

“Jerome oppa!” I said and hug him when I approach him. He also hugs me back.

He broke the hug and told me this “I came when I’ve learnt about the engagement. Grandfather really hides it from the two of us. Do you want me to convince grandfather to stop this engagement? I can’t bear to see my little sister getting married at a young age.”

“I already tried even Jaejoong oppa but I think their decision is already final and we can’t do anything about it. I really didn’t expect Jaejoong oppa’s grandfather has the same personality with grandfather. Oh by the way, Jerome oppa, this is Jaejoong oppa, my fiancé.” I introduce Jerome oppa to Jaejoong oppa.

“Nice meeting you” Jaejoong oppa said and offers his hand for a handshake.

“Nice meeting you also. Don’t ever hurt my little sister. I’ll beat you up if you do.” Jerome oppa answered and give Jaejoong oppa a handshake.

“Jerome oppa, don’t threaten him. He’s really kind and I gain another older brother because he told me that he’ll be my older brother even though we’re married if we can’t learn to love each other. He’s also my friend now.” I told Jerome oppa.

Jerome oppa pouted and asked me “So you already replace me?”

I smiled and answered “No oppa. You’re still my no. 1 oppa. We can say he’s my 2nd oppa and also my fiancé. I will not replace you. Don’t get jealous oppa.”

I hug him so that he’ll stop from getting jealous. Oppa really get jealous easily.

He broke the hug and looked at Jaejoong oppa.

“Jaejoongshi, it’s already late. We’ll be going home now so do you want to go with us? We can drop you on the hotel you’re staying.” Jerome oppa asked Jaejoong oppa.

“It’s ok. I just go back at the restaurant. I know they’re waiting for me. I’ll just inform them that you already left. So I guess see you later guys!” Jaejoong oppa said.

“Goodbye Jaejoong oppa!” I waved before entering the car.

“Thank you Jaejoong shi for comforting my little sister and it was nice meeting you. We’ll go now.” Jerome oppa said before entering the car.

He also waved before going on his way back to the restaurant.

When morning came, I was awaken by my nanny. Actually, I don’t know what’s the reason for me to wake up. Today is Sunday and I have no classes. I slowly rub my eyes & look at nanny.

“Nanny, I don’t have any class today. Why are you waking me up?” I told her.

“Your grandfather asked me to wake you up.” My nanny answered.

“And tell me why I should wake up. If I think my grandfather’s reason is unreasonable, then I will continue my sleep. ” I told my nanny.

“Your grandfather told me to wake you up to prepare yourself for your date with Mr. Kim Jaejoong.” My nanny answered.

“So even our dates are arranged by him? Does grandfather told you what if I don’t like to go?” I asked my nanny.

“Yes because your grandfather knows that you’ll obey him unless there is a consequence that you don’t like or there is something in return that you like.” My nanny was about to talk again when I cut her off.

“He really knows me. What is it, nanny?” I asked her again.

“He’ll give you a kitten.” My nanny’s answer surprised me.

Ever since I was a kid, I wasn’t allowed to have a pet because they don’t want to. They give reasons like I’ll not be able to take care of it or it may cause me any illness if I’ll take care of a pet.

It was one of my desires to have a pet & I know my grandfather just wanted me to give in.  I’m really confused so I asked again my nanny.

“When will he give me?” I asked her. If ever I give in, I should know that he’ll not break his promise.

“Actually Anne, the kitten is already downstairs. Your grandfather will give you the kitten after you finished preparing yourself.” My nanny told me. Looks like grandfather was really sure that I’ll give in that he immediately buy a kitten.

“Ok. Tell grandfather to wait for me. I’ll prepare myself now.” I said & went to the bathroom to prepare myself. I know I fell on the trap of my grandfather but I really wanted to have a pet & I don’t want to ditch Jaejoong oppa. He comforted me & treated me nice yesterday so I think it’s wrong to do it to him.

When I finished preparing myself, I went downstairs & was greeted by my grandfather. Actually, he was smiling at me but I didn’t smile back at him. And why should I? I’m still angry at him.

“So where’s the kitten? And where will we meet? And also what time?” I told him with a blank expression.

“So here’s the kitten I promise you.” He handed me the kitten that is on the cage.

“Jaejoong will fetch you here so just wait for him.” He continued & listens to him.

When he finished talking, I get the kitten from its cage & petted it.

“What should I name you?” I looked at the kitten & asked her. I know I’m like crazy but for me, it’s better to talk to my kitten than to talk to my grandfather.

“Right, I will name you Sachi.” My Scottish Fold kitten meowed after I told her name. Maybe she likes it. (A/N: Sachi is a Japanese word which means Happiness, Blessing & Good Fortune.)

(A/N: The picture above is Sachi, the Scottish Fold Kitten.)

I continued petting Sachi when our maid informs us that Jaejoong oppa already arrived.

“Ms. Anne, Mr. Kim already arrived & is waiting for you.” Our maid informs. I nodded & put Sachi on the cage. After that, I immediately went outside & didn’t say any word to my grandfather. Outside, I saw Jaejoong oppa smiling & I smiled back as I approach him.

“Let’s go.” Jaejoong oppa told me & open the door of his car for me. I smiled at him before entering his car. After that, he also entered the car & sit on the driver seat beside me. He started the engine & we chatted about ourselves so that we’ll get to know each other.

“Anne, where do you want to go?” Jaejoong oppa asked me.

“Anywhere is okay with me.” I answered back.

“Girls love shopping so shall we go on a mall?” Jaejoong said.

“Ok. If you want to.” I answered.

 Minutes passed & we arrived on the mall.

“Oppa, I’ll just buy coffee. Do you also want some?” I asked Jaejoong oppa.

“Ok. I’ll go with you.” Jaejoong oppa answered.

We go on our way on a coffee shop.

“1 Mocha Frappuccino. How about you Anne?” Jaejoong oppa asked me while he’s ordering.

“1 Caffè Latte oppa.” I said & was about to take money when Jaejoong oppa suddenly said something.

“Anne, my treat.” He told me.

“But oppa…” I was about to continue but he immediately answered.

“Anne, it’s my treat. It’s our 1st date so I want to treat you, okay?” He said & I just nodded. After that, he paid for our orders.

We both took our seats near the counter while waiting for orders. After we finished ordering our own coffees and getting our orders, we exited the coffee shop.

“So where do we go now? To the clothes shops?” Jaejoong oppa asked me.

“It’s fine with me.” I replied to him.

We were walking on our way to the clothes shops when we suddenly heard screams saying “Oh! It’s Jaejoong oppa!”

After hearing those screams, we looked back & then we saw many of her fans growing closer to us so without a choice, Jaejoong oppa hold my hand & we started running.

Why are those fans so full of energy? Don’t they get tired from running? I smiled after recognizing his car. We immediately entered & Jaejoong oppa started the engine to move away from his fans who were chasing us.

I saw oppa running out of breath. Maybe because of the run that was like a marathon we experienced earlier.

“Oppa, stop from driving. Drink first your coffee. We’re already far from the mall. You can take your time.” I said and afterwards, drink also my coffee since I’m also tired.

“Sorry Anne for being involved with my fans. I didn’t expect that they’ll still recognize me even with these disguise. Maybe you’re thinking that you can’t have a normal date just like with others since I’m a celebrity. I’ll try to make up next time, okay? ” Jaejoong oppa said.

I just smiled before replying “It’s okay, oppa. I know you’re disappointed with this date. But oppa, let me drive because I know a place where we can enjoy the day.”

He nodded & we switched places. He was really quiet during the whole ride. Maybe he was really sad for me since the date didn’t turn out what it should be.

“Oppa, if you keep blaming yourself because of what happened to this date, I’ll tell you I’ll be more sad and angry at the same time with you. It already happens so we can do nothing about it but we can still make this day enjoyable to a place I know. I’ll assure you. So can you please show me your smile that make your fans’ hearts melt?” I decided to cheer him up so that he’ll no longer blame himself.

He giggled and showed that smile I told him to. When I looked at it, I really find him handsome that I thought I blushed but I was thankful that the lights turn green & I was able to hide my blushing face.

It was not a long ride since it was a near place. The place where I brought Jaejoong oppa was one of the rest houses we have. Since this is the nearer among those rest houses we have, I decided to bring him here. And also, in this place, there are only few people who live here & most of them are elderly so I think maybe there may be a chance that no one will recognize him.

I looked at him before saying this “Oppa, let’s go.” He just nodded & followed me in getting out of the car.

“Oppa, this is one of the rest houses we have. This is the nearer so I decided to bring you here.” I told him.

I was about to continue when I saw our caretakers who was very kind to our family.

“Aunt, Uncle!” I said & hug both of them since I really miss them. To tell you honestly, I seldom go here so I really miss their company.

I broke the hug & link my arms to Jaejoong oppa to bring him closer to our caretakers.

“By the way, Aunt & Uncle, this is my fiancé. This is Jaejoong oppa. He’s an idol from South Korea. His grandfather & grandfather are so close that they decided to arrange us into marriage. It was a very long story so I think it will take time for me to tell you but I’ll tell you some other time.” I said & looked at them.

“Jaejoong oppa, this is Aunt & Uncle. They are the caretakers of this rest house.” I told Jaejoong oppa.

“Nice meeting you Aunt & Uncle” Jaejoong oppa bowed at them while saying that.

“Anne, we all know everything. Your grandfather already called us earlier and told us everything. So you’re grandfather didn’t really changed? But I can see in this man that he’s a kind man & he will not hurt you, Anne. And Anne, he’s handsome & gorgeous. You’re lucky to have him.” Aunt said jokingly.

“Aunt!” I pouted after what Aunt said.

“Thank you Aunt. I’ll promise not to hurt her & I’ll be a good brother if ever we didn’t learn to love each other. If ever I’ll learn to love her, I’ll make her the happiest girl when she’s with me.” Jaejoong oppa replied to Aunt but was looking at me when he started talking about his promise to Aunt.

“Better make sure of it. I don’t want our Anne to be crying.” Uncle answered this time.

“Uncle! Don’t be like that. I know Jaejoong oppa & if ever he’ll make me cry, I’ll be the first one to beat him up.” I replied back & they all giggled.

“By the way, Aunt & Uncle, you can go back to your house. We can take care of ourselves here. We don’t want to bother you. Go on your way now & rest Aunt & Uncle. I know you’re already tired from making sure this rest house is well taken care of.” I said to our caretakers.

“But Anne…” Aunt was about to reply but I replied back “Please”. I even showed my puppy eyes that I know they can’t resists.

“Ok, Anne. Mr. Kim, take care of our Anne & don’t ever do something bad to her because if you do, I’ll be the one to oppose your marriage.” Uncle replied protectively.

“I’ll promise you Sir.” Jaejoong oppa replied while I was like pouting through the whole conversation they had. I was feeling like I was a little girl that can’t take care of myself when I can.

After that conversation, they bid their goodbye to us & we also waved to them. When they were no longer in our sight, Jaejoong oppa looked at me & I think he saw my expression.

“Why are you pouting like that?” Jaejoong oppa asked me worriedly.

“Why is everyone thinking I’m still a little girl that can’t take care of myself? I’m already 17. Why do they still think like that?” I asked him.

“Don’t be like that. They are just worried & they don’t like something bad to happen to you. Don’t take it negatively. They just care & love you that it’ll hurt them if something bad happens to you. You understand?” Jaejoong explained to me.

I nodded & entered the rest house.I was happy when I was welcomed by my pets. I already told you that grandfather has to give me a cat just to convince me to this date because I really love animals. On this rest house only I was allowed to take care of my pets since they were thinking it may become a distraction to me.

 

The first one to come closer to me was my dog “Cute” that is a Labrador Retriever breed. (A/N: The picture above is “Cute.”) It started me but I was able to stop him. I didn’t expect that he will grow this much since he was only a 6 month old.

“Jaejoong oppa, this is my pet Cute. He’s a Labrador Retriever. You can touch him. He’s not biting. Actually, he’s used to being petted by people.” I assure him since I can see in him that he’s afraid. Who wouldn’t be afraid with Cute? He’s big & he can jump on you.

And I was right! Cute jump on Jaejoong oppa. I was really afraid but my nervousness was gone when I saw Cute Jaejoong oppa. Jaejoong oppa was even laughing & tried on stopping Cute but it was hard.

I didn’t notice that “Belle” was already near me & jump on me and also started me.

The dog who was me now is “Gwi yeo weo” that is a Golden Retriever breed. (A/N: The picture above is “Gwi yeo weo.”) It continued me but I was able to stop her. Just like “Cute”, I didn’t expect that she will grow this much since she’s also only a 6 month old. When I was able to stand up, I was really surprised to see Gwi yeo weo going on her way to Jaejoong oppa. Jaejong oppa was about to stand up when Gwi yeo weo jump on him. I was really laughing but I stopped when I saw him that seem like his suffering with my 2 dogs. I stopped “Cute” from getting near him again.

“Oppa, that’s Gwi yeo weo. She’s a Golden Retriever. I bought them at the same time. Sorry if they are jumping on you. I can’t also stop them from doing that since they are used to doing that.” I apologized while hugging Cute.

Jaejoong oppa stand up before saying “It’s okay, Anne. It’s okay with me. I’d rather be welcomed by this rather than being bitten by them.”

I laughed with him & he also hugs Gwi yeo weo. We were really having a good time with the dogs when my 2 cats approached us.

“Oppa, this is “Ke Ai”. (A/N: The picture above is “Ke Ai”.) When I was in the mall, I run into a pet shop & saw her. Shiela was with me & you know what happen? She kept on saying to me that I should buy a Russian Blue Cat or a Exotic Shorthair since you have cats like them right? But I didn’t let her win with her nagging so I ended buying a Bengal Kitten. She also grows up like this even though she’s only 5 months old.” I told oppa. I was petting Ke Ai while Jaejoong oppa was petting my other cat.

“After a month, I decided to buy another cat. I thought Shiela was weird to recommend Exotic Shorthair but when I saw Kawaii, I thought that they are so cute. (A/N: The picture above is “Kawaii”.) Oppa, if I’m not mistaken, the name of your Exotic Shorthair is Yoyo while you’re Russian Blue Cat is Jiji? ” I asked oppa.

“You really do know many things about me.” He said & smiled at me.

“Why shouldn’t I when I have a friend who is a fan of yours & is head over heels of you?” I said & we both giggled.

“Wait Anne. You’re Exotic Shorthair’s name means Cute, right? How about your Bengal Kitten? I don’t know what their names means.” Jaejoong curiously asked.

“Oppa, just like what my other pet names means, Ke Ai is a Mandarin word which means cute. I named all of my pets that have meaning cute since they are all cute, right? ” I explained.

He laughed at my explanation while I pouted.

“Sorry you’re explanation is really funny but also cute in a way.” Jaejoong oppa said to me.

“Oppa, let’s enter the house. I’ll cook.” I insisted.

“Do you know how?” Jaejoong oppa teasingly said.

“Why? You expect me that I don’t know how to cook since I came from a rich family then I’ll prove it to you today.” I proudly said.

Author’s Note:

This is the 4th chapter.

Sorry for the late update. These few weeks I’m losing inspirations & ideas for this fic. And also I’m having writer’s block & I’m also having some of problems in school so I hope you understand.

And also I just get a comment from @ryoma28 on last Chapter not like with the other chapters that I get more than 1 comment so I’m hoping you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters & to fight writer’s block & not to lose inspirations for this fic.

Thank you to my sister @ryoma28 for the comment on the last chapter :)

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

This was supposed to be only one chapter but I decided to cut it since it will be very long. The next update is the continuation of this chapter.

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!