Chapter 13 The Big Day

Say it again

Chapter 13 The Big Day

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English. Pink font means the language used in the conversation is Japanese.)

As any wedding, there is a wedding rehearsal before the real wedding. Anne, Jaejoong with Yoochun and Junsu, Anne’s friends, their respective families and some of the guests are together on the wedding rehearsal.

During the rehearsal, the wedding coordinator will show everyone where to stand during the ceremony, and then they will be shown where they will enter and exit. They will practice entering and leaving the room for the processional and recessional. An organist or other musician should attend the rehearsal so that attendants will be able to recognize cues in the music.

Since the expected people included on the wedding rehearsal were already present, the wedding rehearsal started.

(A/N: Not really sure about the line-up but this is what I saw how the line-ups on the net so sorry if there will be mistakes on the line-up.)

The line-up is as follows:

  • The ushers
  • Guests
  • Jaejoong’s grandfather
  • Anne’s grandfather
  • Mr. & Mrs. Kim or Jaejoong’s parents
  • Mrs. Concepcion or Anne’s mother
  • The minister
  • The groomsmen who are Junsu and Yoochun
  • The groom who is Jaejoong
  • The bridesmaids who are Jessica, Stephanie, Christina & Marielle
  • The maid of honor who is Shiela
  • The ring bearer
  • The flower girls
  • The bride who is Anne with his father

It was like any other wedding rehearsal. They practiced the processional first and afterwards the recessional. Then, break was given to each one of them.

“That was tiring!” Anne said.

“We agree!” Anne’s friends agreed.

“But remember we still have to rehearse the ceremony even though we already perfected the processional and recessional.” Shiela said.

The girls just sighed while the JYJ members come closer.

“Sister-in-law, can’t wait for the rehearsal for the ceremony especially for the kiss.” Yoochun teased Anne.

“Oppa, is it included on the rehearsal? Can it just be done on the wedding?” Anne asked while blushing.

“I think it all depends on Jaejoong hyung.” Junsu answered.

“What I wanted to see is the exchange of vows because it will be sincere words from both of you.” Marielle excitedly said.

“No, Mom already arranged that our exchange of vows will be a "repeat-after-me" statement with prompts from the minister.” Anne proudly replied.

“I think I’m more excited for their honeymoon. Where will the two of you spend your honeymoon?” Stephanie asked.

“Why are we already talking about that? We’re still not married.” Anne replied while blushing.

“I prefer Japan but wherever Anne will want to go, it’s okay with me.” Jaejoong replied.

“Anne, it depends on you. Where would you like to spend your honeymoon?” Christina asked.

Anne was already blushing hard especially after seeing all of them waiting for her answer.

“Japan is a good choice so I’ll go with it.” Anne replied while looking down to hide her blushing face.

“Why don’t on a very romantic honeymoon destinations?” Junsu teasingly asked.

“Let just stop from talking about that. Look the break is over. Rehearsal will continue.” Anne replied still blushing and immediately went on her place while the others giggle before going on their places.

The first thing that they practiced is for the exchanging of vows and the rings. The wedding coordinator comes closer to Anne & Jaejoong.

“Mr. Jaejoong and Ms. Anne, please hold each other’s hands and face one another. Ms. Anne before the exchanging of vows and rings or the time you already arrived on the center , you are holding the flower so give it first to the Maid of Honor who is Ms. Shiela, get it?” The wedding coordinator asked while Anne just nodded.

“Afterwards, the two of you will exchange vows to one another. When the two of you finished, stop holding both hands but change to holding each other’s left hand. The minister will ask the two of you to repeat after what he says while placing the ring on each other’s hand. The rings will be on the ring bearer. The minister will guide you along the ceremony so you’ll not make mistakes during the wedding. I’m just saying or reminding you all the important details on the wedding that the two of you will do.” The coordinator continued. Anne & Jaejoong just nodded in understanding.

“Afterwards, you two again will face one another for the kiss. Do you want to rehearse it?” The coordinator asked.

“Yes!” Anne’s friends, Junsu & Yoochun shouted.

“I don’t think there is a need for it to rehearse it. It can be done on the wedding.” Anne answered while blushing.

Anne’s friends, Junsu & Yoochun groans after hearing Anne’s answer. They continued rehearsing again after making sure there will be no mistakes for the ceremony to be held tomorrow. Afterwards, they all went on their way to go back on their houses after having their dinners when the rehearsal finished.

Wedding Day

At the bride’s room:

Anne’s POV:

Can’t believe that I’m getting married today. I know I made the right decision because I know Jaejoong oppa is a good man & a very good brother just like Jerome oppa but I really can’t calm down & still nervous. Many what-ifs appeared on my thoughts because I’m afraid that our marriage won’t work out. That what if I should have chosen to back out of this marriage and just be a runaway bride? But that will cause my family’s image & reputation to be damaged that I know I can’t let it happen.

Knocks interrupted my thoughts. Many guests already arrived to take pictures with me & also congratulated me with the marriage to be held later. The door was not locked so I know it was my friends who were knocking on my door.

“Ate Shiela, Ate Marielle, Ate Stephanie, Ate Jessica & Ate Christina!” I said as I come near them to give them a big hug.

“Wow, bunso is very beautiful today! Why is your face like that? You should be happy because you’re getting married today.” Ate Stephanie said.

“Yes, she’s right. Jaejoong oppa is lucky to have you as her wife or bride.” Ate Shiela said.

“It’s because I know it’s not right to think of negative thoughts but I just can’t help it that’s why I’m getting nervous & can’t calm down.” I replied back.

Suddenly, we heard a knock again. It was Junsu & Yoochun oppa.

“Sister-in-law & beautiful ladies, did we interrupt something?” Yoochun oppa said. I saw my friends’ faces blushing after we heard what Yoochun oppa said so I grin.

“Sister-in-law, why are you looking like that? You should be happy. Hyung is a very good man & also a nice man so I think you didn’t make a wrong decision to continue this arranged marriage. You believe on oppa, right?” Junsu oppa asked me as I shook my head and smile.

“Sister-in-law do you not believe me?” Junsu oppa said with a pout.

“No, oppa. I know. I’m just kidding but I didn’t know that you’ll take it seriously.” I explained to Junsu oppa.

“Right so flash your beautiful smile & keep those negative thoughts away & be happy today because you’re getting married today. Ok, sister-in-law?” Yoochun oppa said to me.

I just nodded as I looked at them & smiled at them. I’m really lucky to have them because they are able to calm me.

“What did we hear that our Anne is nervous today?” A familiar voice suddenly said.

“Harabeoji!” I said as I come closer to hug him.

“Hi, Kim harabeoji!” I said as I bowed.

“Can I have a hug from my grandson’s soon to be wife?” Jaejoong oppa’s harabeoji said. I first smiled at him before I give him a hug.

“I think we should also. We also want a hug from our future daughter-in-law.” Jaejoong’s oppa Mom said. I just also smiled & give Jaejoong’s oppa parents’ a hug.

“Anne!” I heard a voice & I know it is Mom.

“Mom, why are you crying?” I asked as I wipe away her tears.

“I just never expected that I’ll be seeing you off today and will give you to Jaejoong. I just hope that this day will not be this soon because Mom is still not ready.” Mom said while trying to stop from crying or sobbing.

I smiled at Mom before hugging her.

“Mom, don’t worry. Remember, I’m already a big girl. It’s not like I’ll not meet you anymore when I get married. I’ll surely make it to a point that I’ll be able to meet you, maybe during weekends. Don’t cry Mom. I don’t want to see you crying. It’s like you’re just showing or proving that I’m making a wrong decision of agreeing to get married this early.” I said to Mom as I wipe her tears.

Mom shook head as she answered “Ok. Mom will stop crying. No, honey. You didn’t make a wrong decision. Mom is just being sentimental. I just can’t believe my only daughter will already get married at her young age.”

“Your Mom is right so stop getting nervous and show us your beautiful smile.” Dad said as he hugs me also after Mom broke from our hug.

“The wedding will start by 10 minutes. Please everybody go to your respective places.” The wedding coordinator informed all of us on the room.

End of Anne’s POV

No One’s POV:

(A/N: Not really sure about how the flow of a wedding is but this is what I have search on the net on how the wedding ceremony flows. I have been on a wedding once but I’m still young back then so I can’t remember well on how the wedding ceremony flows so I hope you understand.)

The wedding begins. The wedding was chosen to be held on a beautiful beach on the Philippines. The wedding place was full of white chairs that were decorated with a blue sash tied as a ribbon. The pathway was filled with yellow plumerias and with butterflies that were made with silk and glitter. The arch on the center of the wedding place was also filled with white flowers, with garlands and with yellow plumerias. The table on the center of the wedding place was covered by a cloth & on it is a garland along with the candles.

(A/N: Sorry I’m just not good with describing a beach wedding because I haven’t gone to one but just describe it by how I see the pictures that I have seen. Here are the links so that you can visualize how the wedding place looks like:

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(7).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(6).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/i%20love%20plumeria%20aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(5).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(4).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(3).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(2).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly%20(1).jpg

http://www.alohaislandweddings.com/aloha%20weddings%20love%20butterfly.jpg)

The processional started with the ushers that will guide the guests on where they will sit after the processional. The next ones were the guests followed by Jaejoong’s grandfather, followed by Anne’s grandfather, followed by Mr. & Mrs. Kim or Jaejoong’s parents and then followed by Mrs. Concepcion or Anne’s mother.

The next one is the minister and then followed by the 2 members of JYJ who are Junsu and Yoochun who were the groomsmen. The next one who followed is the groom who is Jaejoong. The beautiful bridesmaids were next who are Jessica, Stephanie, Christina & Marielle. The maid of honor who is Shiela was next to walk on the aisle. The adorable ring bearer & the flower girls were the next & last one before the bride who is Anne with his father will walk the aisle.

When it was the turn of Anne with her father who will walk the aisle, everyone’s eyes were set on her. Everyone looks to the beautiful bride who was wearing a wedding dress that really fits her that it looks like it was really made just for her. She was wearing a light makeup that shows her natural beauty & also shows her purity as a bride.

It was a very short walk and not long after, Anne & her father reached the center and Anne’s father handed Anne to Jaejoong. Anne’s father whispered to Jaejoong “Take care of my daughter” before handing Anne to him.

The ceremony started. Everyone was really anticipating the marriage of the two that their focus was on the couple & also the flow of the ceremony. Not long after, one of the highlights of the wedding, which is the Declaration of Intent was the part that is witnessing of all the people invited on the wedding.

“Jaejoong, do you solemnly declare, that being free of any lawful impediment to marry, that you freely and wholeheartedly take Anne to be your lawful wedded wife, to live together in God’s covenant of marriage?” The minister asked as he looks at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong look at Anne first and smiled before answering “I do.”

“Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and cherish her For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to have and to hold, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her from this day forward, Till death you do part?” The minister asked again Jaejoong.

“I do.” Jaejoong again answered with a smile.

“Anne, do you solemnly declare, that being free of any lawful impediment to marry, that you freely and wholeheartedly take Jaejoong to be your lawful wedded husband, to live together in God’s covenant of marriage?” The minister asked as he looks at Anne.

“I do.” Anne shyly answered.

“Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and cherish him For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to have and to hold, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him from this day forward, Till death you do part?” The minister asked again Anne.

This time, Jaejoong look at Anne & flashed an encouraging smile to her helping her to ease the uneasiness she was feeling.

“I do.” This time, Anne answered with a smile flashing it to Jaejoong who helps her to not be shy or uneasy to answer those questions.

The ceremony continued until the part of the exchanging of vows is being witness by all of those present in the wedding.

“We've come to the point of your ceremony where you're going to say your vows to one another. But before you do that, I ask you to remember that love – which is rooted in faith, trust, and acceptance - will be the foundation of an abiding and deepening relationship. No other ties are more tender, no other vows more sacred than those you now assume. If you are able to keep the vows you take here today, not because of any religious or civic law, but out of a desire to love and be loved by another person fully, without limitation, then your life will have joy and the home you establish will be a place in which you both will find the direction of your growth, your freedom, and your responsibility. Please face one another and repeat after me.” The minister said.

Anne & Jaejoong hold each other’s hand as they face one another.

“In the name of Jesus, I Jaejoong take you, Anne, to be my wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, for as long as we both shall live. This is my solemn vow.” The minister said as Jaejoong repeated while looking at Anne.

Afterwards, it was Anne’s turn to say her vows that the minister is saying.

“In the name of Jesus, I Anne take you, Jaejoong, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, for as long as we both shall live. This is my solemn vow.” The minister said as Anne repeated while shyly looking at Jaejoong.

Next, Anne & Jaejoong stop holding both hands but change to holding each other’s left hand for the exchanging of rings.

“Father, bless these rings which Jaejoong and Anne have set apart to be visible signs of the inward and spiritual bond which unites their hearts. As they give and receive these rings, may they testify to the world of the covenant made between them here.” The minister said.

“Receive and wear this ring as a symbol of my trust, my respect and my love for you.” Jaejoong said as he put the ring on Anne’s right ring finger.

“Receive and wear this ring as a symbol of my trust, my respect and my love for you.” Anne said as she put the ring on Jaejoong’s right ring finger.

The wedding ceremony continued. The lighting of the unity candle was next and all of the parts of the ceremony were fulfil/perform. The last part or the main highlight of the wedding was next to performs.

“Now that Jaejoong and Anne have given themselves to each other by the promises they have exchanged, I pronounce them to be husband and wife, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.” The minister announced.

“Jaejoong, you may now kiss the bride.” The minister continued.

Everyone was anticipating this part especially the 2 JYJ members and Anne’s friends. For them, it is really the anticipated part of the wedding but for Anne, it is the part that she’s getting nervous or uncomfortable since she haven’t had her 1st kiss so it means this will be her 1st kiss not only as a wife of Jaejoong but also hers because she never been in a relationship.

Anne’s POV:

What should I do now? Did I really make a wrong decision in not rehearsing this part during the wedding rehearsal? Did I really make a mistake on not following what the others were suggesting on practicing this part?

Wait, Jaejoong oppa already lifts my veil. He’s already starting to come closer. What should I do? Jaejoong oppa chuckles. Maybe he had seen my blushing face.

“Do you want to do this or not?” Jaejoong oppa asked me.

“I don’t know.” I honestly replied.

All of the people present on our wedding kept on chanting “KISS!” that it made me more nervous.

“Anne, you know that answering I don’t know means that you’re confused because you wanted it to but there is certain something that making you undecided am I right?” Jaejoong oppa teasingly asked. It’s not that I don’t want to do it. It’s just that it can't also be done during wedding ceremonies right? Not all couples do it or maybe some of the couples fake it that is why I answered I don’t know.

Jaejoong oppa continued on coming closer to me until our faces are only few centimetres away. Jaejoong oppa first smiled at me before claiming my lips. When I felt Jaejoong oppa’s lips & when he started moving his lips and started kissing me, I can’t describe what I’m feeling because this is very new to me. I don’t know but I responded to his kiss before he pulled away. When he stops the kiss, I don’t know but I suddenly felt that I still want to kiss him or I felt like I don't want the kiss to stop.

Yah Anne! Why are you thinking that way? Don’t tell me I enjoyed the kiss? Maybe it was just because Jaejoong oppa is a good kisser. Right, that’s it! It wasn’t because I enjoyed it or I wish it was longer.

Jaejoong oppa chuckled before he hold my hands again as we wait for the minister for the introduction. Am I really obvious? Maybe my face is still blushing. Really hate this! Why can’t I stop myself from blushing?

End of Anne’s POV

“It is now my privilege to introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” The minister announced as the guests and all of those present on the wedding clap their hands or cheered for them.

They walk down the aisle together and after that, they stop and come back to the altar and take pictures for this special day in their lives.

Author’s Note:

This is the 13th chapter. The ideas for this chapter just also pop out on my mind recently just like the previous Chapters so really hoping you like it.

Sorry for the late update. Lately I’m getting busy because of still I’m experiencing writer’s block & also I have 2 on-going fics aside from this so I hope you understand if ever I update this late.

I also decided to update today because it is Yoochun’s birthday today and he is on the Chapter :)

Still don’t know when I will update because this is again the last Chapter that I created, I don’t have spare Chapters to be updated but I’ll try to update or create Chapters when I have time or when ideas for the next Chapters pop out my head.

Hoping you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters!

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Also thank you to @mynameis & @anneanne for just subscribing on this fic :)

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!