Chapter 8 Unforgettable Surprise

Say it again

Chapter 8 Unforgettable Surprise

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

No One’s POV:

“Jaejoong oppa?” Anne said surprisingly.

Jaejoong first smiled before saying “Congratulations Anne for graduating & being the Suma Laude of your batch! My future wife is really a genius!”

“Oppa!” Anne said while blushing after what Jaejoong said.

“Sorry Anne that I wasn’t able to attend your graduation. The 3 of us was busy & we have schedules. Am I already forgiven?” Jaejoong asked.

“You’ll be forgiven if you’ll tell me what the food you just cooked & prepared.” Anne replied.

Jaejoong went on explaining on the food he prepared for Anne.

When Jaejoong finished explaining, Anne first smiled before saying “Oppa, it’s okay that you weren’t able to attend my graduation because I know you’re busy with your schedule & I think it’s not right to demand you or insist you to attend the graduation because you’re my fiancé. I know you’re a human & with your schedule, I know you often feel tired or exhausted so I don’t want to be a burden to you & oppa, it’s not a big deal.”

“Hyung has a very caring & sweet fiancée.” Yoochun teasingly said.

“Oppa!” Again, Anne became shy & blush because of the teasing.

“Why don’t we just eat now & will the three of you stop teasing me? I’m still hungry.” Anne said with a pout.

The three only smiled & they eat the food Jaejoong prepared.

“Anne, I have known that many guys gave you flowers or chocolate on your graduation. My fiancée is very beautiful that I think I have many rivals & many will be heartbroken when they’ll learn that you are already engaged.” Jaejoong teasingly said.

“How did you know that?” Anne said confused.

“Your brother told me about it. So it is true?” Jaejoong asked.

Anne only nodded before replying “Yes. They were my suitors back then whom I rejected. I accepted their gifts even though I don’t want it because I don’t want to be rude & don’t want to reject their gifts because it will hurt them again after I rejected them to be my boyfriend.”

“Hyung, your fiancée is really kind and a good hearted person!” Junsu said.

“Should I take it as a compliment?” Anne asked.

“Anne, we really are saying the truth. We’ve known many girls & often they’ll reject their suitors for many times without considering the feelings of their suitors. Hyung is really lucky to have you.” Yoochun explained.

“Stop with the compliments. By the way, how did you plan this & who thought of this surprise?” Anne asked.

“I was the one who thought of this surprise & I asked for your brother’s help.” Jaejoong explained.

They continued chatting with each other until they finished eating. Suddenly, Yoochun came closer to Anne & said “Anne, we first have to blindfold you. We still have a surprise for you.”

“Just hoping it’ll not scare me or I’ll be mad with the three of you.” Anne said after nodding.

“We promise.” Yoochun assuringly said.

Anne’s POV:

I let Yoochun oppa blindfolded me since they assured me that their surprise is not scary. I really hate surprises but with them assuring me I’ll like it or I’ll not be afraid of it, I’m starting to anticipate their surprise.

My thoughts were interrupted when suddenly I heard a piano playing. The song was very familiar & when I heard Yoochun oppa’s playing his part, I know it’s their song “Found You” from the Sungkyunkwan Scandal where Yoochun oppa starred in.

When Yoochun oppa finished his part, I suddenly felt someone taking off the blindfold & it was Junsu oppa while singing his part. He was really smiling at me while singing his part. My visions are still adjusting to my surroundings since I was blindfolded.

Then, the chorus part started & Jaejoong oppa come closer to me. He sits beside me as he sang his part. He was staring at my eyes & at that time, I realize that Ate Shiela is right. When he was staring at me, I felt that his eyes were like mesmerizing me or felt like hypnotizing me that I can’t take my eyes off him.

I directed away my eyes on him when I heard Yoochun oppa sang again his part after the chorus. His voice was really smooth and husky that I can’t help but to listen & looked at him while his singing. He smiled at me when he saw me looking at him & I smiled back.

This time, with a silly grin but also cute at the same time, Junsu oppa sits beside me & hold my hand while singing his part. It felt like he doesn’t want to lose to his hyungs in serenading me. I just only smiled at him & looked at him as what he wanted to.

After the chorus, it was Yoochun oppa’s part & he hit the right notes. I giggle when suddenly Jaejoong oppa separated my hands from Junsu oppa & held my hands tightly that as if he doesn’t want to let go of me. He sings his part well & hit the right notes before helping me to stand up.

I was suddenly surprised when Junsu oppa handed me the microphone he was holding.  He must have seen that I was not only looking at them & that I was singing with them. I know the lyrics of the full song & why wouldn’t I? Having friends who are so addicted to this song & to the drama really helped me to become addicted to it because of its meaning. To tell you honestly, my friends whose biases are from JYJ really always daydreams that one day the three of them will be serenaded by them. I think they’ll surely kills me or be envious of me when I tell them that I was serenaded by their biases.

I was reluctant at first to sing but Jaejoong oppa looked at me & smiled at me that say that I can do it. I suddenly gain my confidence & sing the last part of Junsu oppa before Jaejoong oppa’s part. I & Jaejoong oppa sang the last part of the song & he was smiling throughout his part. I really enjoyed seeing his smile. It feels like his smile can make me forget the fear I have of performing. Even though I’m really confident with being a genius, I’m really not confident with my singing skills. Only my friends & family have heard me sing because I often decline singing in front of other people.

After that, Yoochun oppa sang his part & ended the song beautifully.

(A/N: If ever you wanted to listen to this, below is the piano version of Found You. Just imagine Yoochun is playing it :) Credit to janetyh for the youtube video.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: And also if ever you wanted to look for the lyrics & translation of Found you, here’s the link: http://blingkrisna.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/lyrics-english-translation-j-y-j-found-you-sungkyunkwan-scandal-ost/)

Yoochun oppa stood up & sits on his chair. I suddenly felt someone is looking out on us & it was very familiar to me. He hides but I know who he is.

“Kuya Jerome oppa stop from hiding! I already saw you.” I shouted.

Jerome oppa sheepishly grin after coming out of the place where he is hiding.

“Wait, Kuya Jerome. Why are you holding a video cam? Wait, don’t tell me you’re recording the surprise they prepared for me?” I asked.

“It’s because it’s your 1st time singing in front of other people aside from us your family & friends so I decided to record it. Actually, I already told Jaejoong about it so I think he also told the two of them. You have a really good voice so I think you should be confident with your talent. Can you please sing again Anne?” Kuya Jerome explains.

“But Kuya Jerome…” I was about to say something but Kuya Jerome stops me from continuing.

“Anne, please sing In Heaven by JYJ. Ok. When grandmother died, I heard you singing it while playing the piano.  I just decided to hide from you but when I heard you sing Anne, I can’t help but to also cried, your voice was really heart breaking & was really full of emotions. Even though I don’t know what the song means, I know it’s a sad song after how you sang it & when you cried after. I decided to ask JYJ for help to include this on your surprise because I know they can also help in convincing you to be confident on your talent for singing. It’s not because you’re my sister that’s why I’m doing this but it’s because I believe in you & I trust you so much.” Kuya Jerome told me.

At first, I don’t know how to react on what Kuya Jerome told me but what he all said was true. The death of my grandmother was really heart breaking that I often play the piano & sang the song In Heaven. Just like what the song meant, I really can’t accept her death because I love her so much that I even tried killing myself so that I can be with her but every time I did try, my family or friends will always stop me from doing so. They help me to move on with it & to stay positive that I don’t have any choice but to accept it. And they also always say that my grandmother’s memories I had with her will always remain in my heart & I’ll not forget it even though my grandmother already left me.

I looked at JYJ & to Kuya Jerome and they all show encouraging smile. I first stood up & reluctantly sit on the piano chair.  I first took a deep breath before starting to touch the piano keys to start singing.

I sing with all my heart. I remember how grandmother died because of a sickness when I was on my 2nd year on college. Just like my grandfather, she was really special to me. I spent most of my days growing up with them & with nanny rather than with my parents because of their busy schedules. She was like my guiding light whenever I feel sad or giving up from something. Both I & Kuya Jerome grew up on the rest house where I & Jaejoong went to with my grandparents & my nanny. We decided to move to our parents’ house when my grandmother died because we felt lonely or the house reminds us of her.

Until now, I still can’t help myself but to feel sad whenever I remember her because it hurts to know I can’t be with her. Before, I even told myself that my grandmother will really be happy if I graduated in college & be the Suma Laude. During my graduation speech, I really wanted to mention her but it’ll be hard for me to stop myself from crying.

While I was singing, I’m trying to stop myself from sobbing but I wasn’t successful from stopping myself from crying. All of the memories I had with her suddenly flashed while I was singing the song. I really love her & I really wished that time that I was only dreaming & I will be awake seeing my grandmother again. It’s still fresh from me even though she already left us 2 years ago. To tell you honestly, it was my grandmother who has really good voice & she even was the one who taught me how to play piano. Not only because I’m not confident with my skills in singing & playing the piano, it also reminds me of my grandmother so I decided to hide it from other people. I can only play & sing in front of my family & friends because they can make me happy & stop myself from crying or mourning for my grandmother’s death.

(A/N: If ever you wanted to listen to this, below is the piano version of In Heaven. Just imagine Anne is playing it :) here’s the link & credit to jgmb829 for the youtube video.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: And also if ever you wanted to look for the lyrics & translation of In Heaven, here’s the link: http://irena040506.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/in-heaven-lyrics-translation/)

When I finished the song, I cried hard that my loud sobs can be heard. Kuya Jerome & also the JYJ oppas hug me and comforted me. They must have known from Kuya Jerome why I was crying hard. Kuya Jerome help me to stood up & make me sits on the chair where I seated earlier.

“Anne, thank you. Stop crying. We are here for you. Even though our grandmother is already in heaven, I know she’s really happy for you for your achievements but she’ll be sad & worried if she’ll see you crying for her so Anne, show us the strong you that we know.” Kuya Jerome said to me.

I saw Jaejoong oppa translating what Kuya Jerome said to me to Yoochun oppa & Junsu oppa. I saw how their faces turn to sad after knowing what I had experienced. Yoochun oppa comes closer to me & hug me tightly as he says “Anne, I also experienced losing someone I love but I hope you stop from crying. We love them but we can’t do nothing about it but to accept it. Just stay positive and also bear in your mind that they’ll be happy if they’ll see us happy so I know it’s hard to move on but try to & spend your life with those people caring for you. They are also worried seeing you like this so stop from crying. We promise that we’ll be always be by your side just like what your grandmother had done for you when she was alive & will also make you happy. Okay?”

I nodded as he wipes my tears. Junsu oppa also hugs me tightly and he cheerfully said “You have a good voice & your piano skills are very excellent. Don’t hide it from other people. I know your grandmother will be the 1st one to be happy knowing that you have grown up to be as skilful as she is. She’ll be proud of you and also us. So stop from crying. You’re also making us sad.”

I still can’t help but to cry so Junsu oppa also wipe my tears. I decided to first take a deep breath to try to stop myself from crying. Jaejoong oppa also hugs me tightly knowing I need one to comfort me. He doesn’t have to say anything because his hug says what he wants to say to me. It was really a comforting hug. Knowing they all wanted me to stop from crying; I first broke the hug from Jaejoong oppa & faced them all with a smile.

“Thank you to all of you! I’ll stop now from crying.” I said with a smile & wiped the tears.

After that heart breaking moment, we all chat with each other. Even though it’s kinda hard since Kuya Jerome can’t speak or understand the Korean language while Yoochun oppa & Junsu oppa can’t speak or understand the Filipino language, we were able to talk with each other with me & Jaejoong oppa translating or we’re using the English language.

I was able to forget the hurt I was feeling earlier with the chat we had. We talk about funny things or embarrassing moments we had experienced & we were all laughing our hearts out throughout the night.

We also took pictures that night together. It was really a memorable night.

“Anne, we really had fun & we would like to stay more but we have an early flight because of our schedules for tomorrow so we had to go now.” Yoochun oppa said.

“It’s okay. I understand. I’ll send the three of you at the gate.” I said.

“Ok. I also have to give you something.” Jaejoong oppa replied.

I walked with them together. Yoochun oppa & Junsu oppa gave me a hug & said their goodbyes before hopping on the car. Jaejoong oppa already entered the car & afterwards, he exited the car & was like hiding something behind his back. Maybe it’s the something that he had to give it to me that he said earlier.

“Congratulations!” Jaejoong oppa said and revealed what he’s hiding. It was a white tulip bouquet. Those who courted me gave me tulip but most of them are pink, yellow, red, purple or violet. They were all wrong because my favorite color of tulip is white. My friends were the one who hinted or said that my favorite flower is tulip to my suitors but they kept my favorite color of tulip as a secret & just let them guess what it is. I know who would tell Jaejoong oppa what is my favorite flower & also the color. I know Jerome oppa would not kept it as a secret to oppa since we are engaged & soon to be married & he really trusts Jaejoong oppa.

“Oppa, you don’t have to buy me this. Your presence & your surprise are already enough to make up for the day you weren’t able to attend my graduation.” I said as I accepted the bouquet. I really admired or liked the bouquet so I accepted it even though at first I was reluctant to accept it.

“It’s because I wanted to give you a bouquet as a gift. And because of what I heard from Jerome, no one gave your favorite color of the tulip. You deserve this gift because you graduated as the Suma Laude of your batch. I’m just proud of you because of that, I wanted to give you a gift. And I also missed spending times with my future wife.” Jaejoong oppa explained.

“Oppa, stop calling me that. By the way, thanks Jaejoong oppa & also say my thanks to Junsu & Yoochun oppa. I really had fun today & this night is really memorable. Have a safe flight & rest well so that you’ll be not tired for your early schedule.” I said.

“Ok, my future wife is really caring. Thanks. We’ll go now.” Jaejoong said while I pouted because of what he said.

He opens the door of the car. Junsu & Yoochun oppa first wave their goodbyes to me again then Jaejoong smiled at me before entering the car.

I & Kuya Jerome went on our own rooms to sleep while our guards closed the gate.

End of Anne’s POV

Next Day

A sudden squeals of girls were heard on Anne’s room.

“You’re really unfair Anne! Why didn’t you tell us that they are here?” Shiela asked with a pout.

“Shiela is right. Bunso, you can just give us a call. It’s not like we’ll mind it.” Christina said.

“Bunso, if you were able to call us, we could have seen our dream guys & our future husbands.” Marielle said.

“You’re lucky Bunso to be able to see those gorgeous & talented guys.” Stephanie said.

“Bunso, do you have any secrets on being lucky? Maybe you can tell us because we’ll surely try it or do it because we are sure it is effective.” Jessica said this time.

Anne shook her head while smiling before replying to her friends’ questions.

“Ok. First of all, I decided not to call all of you yesterday because I don’t want them to be overwhelmed or to be scared of what you may do to them or say to them. You can say I just protected them to all of you and also, I was still surprised or shocked with their surprise so you can say I wasn’t able to call all of you.” Anne explained.

“But still Anne…” Shiela tried to reason out but Anne interrupted her.

“Remember my birthday is near & I’m sure grandfather already arranged them to go on my birthday so you can still meet them.” Anne explained & that makes Anne’s friends to squeal more.

Anne’s POV:

I really look forward to my birthday because it’ll be also the announcement of our engagement but what really makes me excited is what will be the reaction of them. (A/N: Anne thought of the last part as she looks at her friends :)

End of Anne’s POV

Author’s Note:

This is the 8th chapter. Just like on my previous author’s note, I’m still losing inspirations & ideas for this fic but thankfully, ideas are popping out from my head that I felt like I’ll be able to update maybe every week.

And thank you @applata32 & to my sister @heesica03 for the comments on my last update. Hoping you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters!

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Thank you also to the new subscribers :)

Will try to write the next chapter :)

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!