Chapter 1 Am I Right?

Say it again

Chapter 1 Am I right?

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

Your POV:

I was preparing to go to school when my grandfather told me something.

“Go home after class. Don’t go anywhere. I have something to tell you. “My grandfather asked me.

I just replied “Ok” since I think I’ll be late if I asked my grandfather why. But my grandfather looked at me very confused.

“I know why you’re looking at me like that. You’re confused that I’m not arguing or asking questions at you which is very unlikely of me. I’m just saving it later because if I’m going to do that now, I’ll be late. So grandfather, be ready later with all your answers to my questions. I’ll go now. Bye!”I replied to my grandfather.

“She’s really a genius and really knows what I’m thinking.”I heard my grandfather said before I went outside. I smiled at his reply and went outside to go in the car of my parents so that I can get to school.

By the way I’m Anne Concepcion. My parents are the owners of a multinational company here in Philippines and because of that, they often have no time to look for me. But when they have time such as driving me to school, they’ll look for me but most of the time, it’ll be my nanny who’ll look and took care of me. Not only my nanny, but also my grandfather. He stays at our house and always chats with me or comforts me when I’m sad. I’m really lucky to have him as my grandfather.

But there’s something fishy about my grandfather. When I was young, he gave me a ring as a gift. Every time it will unfit my hands, he’ll replace it with the same design but change it with different size. I was suspicious of it since he can buy me another ring with a different design. He also forced me to study Korean language and even Korean culture. I still don’t know what it is but I have a feeling that I’m already engaged to a Korean guy. It’s still not confirmed by my grandfather so maybe I’ll know it later when I got home.

Throughout the whole ride, I was having that thoughts and because of that, I didn’t notice my parents looking at me and asked me questions. Maybe they’re getting worried.

“Are you alright, honey?”My mother asked me.

“You’ve been quiet and seem like thinking deeply. You didn’t notice us and you didn’t notice that we already arrived in your school.”My dad told me so I looked through the car window. My dad was right! Wait what time is it? I looked at my watch and realized that I’ll be late in my first class.

“Mom, Dad, don’t worry. I’m just thinking of something. It’s not really that important. By the way, I have to go now. I’ll be late if I’ll stay longer here. Bye!”I said, waved and kissed them before I leave them.

They waved back before they made their own way to our company. I immediately went to my room and was greeted by my friends namely Jessica Reyes, Stephanie Santos, Christina dela Cruz, Marielle Cruz & Shiela Serrano. (A/N: The names are all fictional.) I smiled weakly and greeted them back.

“Do you have problem? It’s unusual of you not to greet us smiling widely.”My friend Jessica asked me.

“Tell us about it. We may help you.”My other friend named Stephanie asked me this time.

“Since you insist, I’ll tell you what’s bothering me.”I first sighed before continuing what I have to say.

“It’s because I smell something fishy about my grandfather. Look, he even told me to go home after school which is very unlikely him. It’s ok with him if I go home late and this is the 1st time he asked me that. And didn’t you notice that I have to study Korean language and Korean culture? You know we’ve been friends since we’re young so there are many times that I can’t play with you or go with you since I have to attend those classes.”I explained to them.

“So what’s your point?”My other friend named Christina asked but I have no time to answer since our professor for our 1st class arrived. I looked at them and mouthed “Later during the break”. They all nodded and they looked at our professor to listen to her lessons.

I was doing the opposite since I already know what she’s teaching. I already read it on that book and I know its contents and why wouldn’t I? I’m a genius. I have an IQ of 150. I started to get sleepy and I feel my eyes started to get heavy. Without me noticing, I have already fallen asleep.

I was already asleep when I heard a loud sound from my desk. It seems someone slams a book on my desk. I slowly open my eyes and saw the face of my angry professor. My eyes grew wide and didn’t know what to do when she suddenly screams at me.

“Ms. Concepcion, I know you already know what I’m teaching because you’re a genius but can you still respect me? It’s okay with me even though you’re just pretending. Just don’t sleep on my class! If you don’t want to listen, then you may get out of my class.”Our professor emphasized every word she said.

Since I can’t do what she wants me to do which is to pretend, I bowed at her and get my things to leave the room. I saw her face getting red maybe because I’m getting on her nerves but I can’t fool myself that I’ll do something that is against my own will. So I decided to go to the school garden while waiting for my friends to finish that class. I also decided to not go to my other classes since I’m not in the mood. I’ll just borrow their notes so that I’ll know what they study. This is the real me. Whenever I’m not in the mood or I feel sleepy, I’ll skip my classes. I don’t want anyone to control me or tell me what I should do. I hate that so I know you know why I acted like that.

I was getting bored staying there so I get my mp3 player to listen to music. I stay there for few hours but I was really sleepy so I sleep there on the bench. I didn’t realize that I already sleep for about 3 hours when my friends approach me and patted my shoulder.

“Let’s eat.”My friend Christina suggested. We all nodded and went to the school cafeteria. We ordered our own food and sit on a vacant seats. When we all settled our food in the table, they all looked at me.

“I know. Ok. I’m still not sure whether my instinct is right but I think I’m already engaged to a Korean guy. Why my grandfather would force me to a Korean class to learn their language & culture if it doesn’t have a reason? The ring makes me more suspicious of my grandfather and that leads me to a conclusion that I’m already engaged.”I explained to them.

“You’re right. Your answer is expected from a genius like you.”My friend Marielle jokingly answered.

“Look, what if he’s a criminal, drug addict, a ert, a crazy person? I don’t know him so I’m really nervous if one of the things I mention is right. Help me. Do you think I can convince my grandfather to not continue it?”I asked for their help since I feel I’m really helpless with my situation.

“We’ll try to help especially if your fiancé turns out to be Jaejoong of JYJ.”My friend Shiela replied.

“I’ll definitely help you if your fiancé turns out to be Yunho of TVXQ.”My other friend Marielle also replied.

“I’ll also help if your fiancé is Yoochun of JYJ.”My other friend Christina also said.

My 2 other friends was about to answer when I’m interrupted them.

“Ok. All of you will help me if my fiancé turns out to be one of the members of JYJ or TVXQ because you want them for yourself right? But I kinda feel that he’s not an idol and I really hope so. I think it’ll be okay if he’s just a normal person so that my life will not be miserable with his fans.”I answered.

I looked at my watch and realized that it’s already time for our next class. Since I really wanted to go home now to ask my grandfather, I decided to not go to my other class for today.

“I’ll go now. I don’t want to go to our other class because I want to know if my instinct is right. I want it to know from my grandfather that I know is behind all of this.”I explained to them before I called our driver.

My driver came while my friends made their way on our next class. Since he was our driver for a long time, I know he already knows why I called him. Today I will know what my grandfather’s plan is and I will try all I have to do to prevent that arranged marriage if my instinct is right.

Author’s Note:

This is the 1st chapter.

The above image I used is what Anne looks like. She’s Alodia Gosiengfiao, a Filipina cosplayer model, artist and widely known cosplayer if ever you’re wondering who she is.

Hope you enjoyed reading & like this chapter even though I felt that it was not good.

By the way, thank you to those who subscribed & read this chapter.

Please comment on what you think of this chapter.

Hope you look forward to my next update!