Chapter 23 Jealous

Say it again

Chapter 23 Jealous

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English. Pink font means the language used in the conversation is Japanese.)

Today has been any other day for the married couple. Both busy with their work.

Anne was currently eating her lunch when she saw an article that Jaejoong released a repackaged version of his first album. She immediately gets and dial on her phone.

“Hi, Anne! Why you call?” Jaejoong asked as he picks up.

“Why didn’t you tell me oppa about the release of your repackaged album? This is a big achievement for you. I wanted to be the first one to congratulate you.” Anne answered back.

“You’re busy and I know articles will be all over so I know you’ll get to know it. Don’t worry. The mere thought of you being proud of me and congratulating me is enough.” Jaejoong said.

“Do you have any schedules for tonight?” Anne asked.

“None. Why?” Jaejoong asked.

“That’s great. I’ll treat you for dinner. Let’s celebrate the release of your album. I’ll text you the restaurant and the address.” Anne replied back.

“No need, Anne. Let’s just celebrate in the house.” Jaejoong said on the other line.

“Oppa, I’m just too happy for your achievement so please let me. I wanted to celebrate in the house but I can’t cook for you and celebrate since I had too much work to finish so let just eat dinner at a restaurant.” Anne replied back.

“Then, I can cook for us.” Jaejoong suggested.

“No, oppa. It’s been a while since we had dinner at a restaurant. That will be great place to celebrate.” Anne replied back.

“Ok. You win, my stubborn wife.” Jaejoong answered with a giggle but earn a blush from Anne after hearing the word “wife” from him. Anne is relieved knowing he can’t see her blushing hard. She immediately shakes those thoughts and continued the call.

“See you later, oppa.” Anne said before ending the call.

Both continued with their work before night comes and it’s time for their dinner date.

Jaejoong arrives first and ask the waitress for the table reserved by Anne. He was wearing a mask and a cap to hide his identity but failed when the waitress recognizes him.

“Jaejoong-shi, I’ve been a fan of you for a long time. Can I have an autograph of you?” The waitress asked.

“Sure.” Jaejoong replied while the waitress handed him a piece of paper and pen. He immediately signs the paper and handed it back to the waitress.

“Thank you, Jaejoong-shi. This way, please.” The waitress told Jaejoong while guiding him to their reserved table.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong replied with a smile before sitting down. The waitress blushed but smiled and bowed after leaving Jaejoong alone.

Almost 30 minutes after, Anne arrived.

“Sorry oppa. I had to finished many documents today and got caught up in traffic.” Anne apologized after she sits down.

“No, it’s okay. Maybe I was just too early.” Jaejoong replied back.

“Did you order already?” Anne asked.

“Not yet. I haven’t decided yet so I waited for you. But Anne, why are there no people in this restaurant?” Jaejoong asked.

“I reserved the whole restaurant for us.” Anne replied back while looking at the menu.

“Seriously? Why is there a need for that? This is a really fancy restaurant. I’m sure we can celebrate while there are people around.” Jaejoong replied back.

“Oppa, I’m not taking any chances of us getting recognized especially you. And besides, we will be able to enjoy our dinner without the constant staring of other people.” Anne told Jaejoong.

“Ok, I’ll forgive you this time but next time, don’t do this again. We can just have a simple celebration.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“Sorry, oppa. I have just been used to this kind of celebration. I would have considered your feelings.” Anne apologetically replied.

“No, don’t be sorry. I just wanted to remind you that a simple celebration will do. I’m happy with just a celebration with the two of us rather than an expensive celebration. Now, I understand how rich people celebrate.” Jaejoong replied back with a giggle.

“Ok, I’ll remember that. Let us enjoy this dinner. Waiter!” Anne replied back to Jaejoong before calling for a waiter to order.

“Yes, Ms. Anne. What would you like to order?” The waiter asked.

“Two order of Set B. Medium rare for the steak.” Anne replied before she handed the menu to the waiter.

“Your order will be ready for 30 minutes.” The waiter told the couple before leaving the VIP room.

“So oppa, I’ve been really curious. You’re a good songwriter. Are you perhaps creating songs based on your experience?” Anne asked.

“Yes, but there are songs to that I get to write because of other’s experience or inspiration. Why do you ask?” Jaejoong replied back.

“Then, what song do you think fits me or what you feel for me on the songs you created?” Anne asked.

“I think it would be “I’ll protect you”. Not only will I really protect you but also it is your lullaby.” Jaejoong answered back with a giggle but earned a glare from Anne.

They continued their conversation and without them being aware of the time, their food arrives.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. Here’s your order.” The waiter told them as he places the food on the table.

“Thank you” The couple told the waiter after he finished placing the food. He then first bowed down to the couple before leaving the room.

“The food looks delicious!” Anne said while eyeing the food.

“Jalmukesumneda The couple said in chorus.

As they were eating, both can’t help but to praise the taste of the food.

“The food was perfectly worth it to try though expensive.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“I should really go here often.” Anne replied back.

“Your taste buds are really expensive.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“But I can’t help it. I’ve been raised eating this kind of food but still I try to eat affordable foods because of my friends.” Anne replied back.

“And home made food.” Jaejoong said.

“Especially your home-made food, oppa. Hoping next time, you can cook for me.” Anne replied back.

“Sure, if both of us are not busy for work.” Jaejoong said

“I’m getting excited. I can’t wait to taste your home-made food oppa. But wait, I wanted to meet the manager of this restaurant.” Anne replied back while calling for the waiter.

“Can I meet your manager? I just wanted to talk to him.” Anne told the waiter.

“Sure, Ms. Anne.” The waiter replied and leaves the room.

After some minutes, the door opens and the couple looked at the person coming toward them.

“Justin oppa!” Anne called and give him a hug.

“I never thought you are the manager of this restaurant. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other.” Anne continued after breaking the hug and go back to her seat.

“Oh, by the way, Justin oppa. This is Jaejoong oppa, my husband.” Anne introduced Jaejoong.

“Nice meeting you” Justin said and offered a handshake. Jaejoong return the favor and just smiled.

“So why did you call for me?” Justin asked.

“I would like to thank you for letting me book this whole restaurant for the last minute. Your food is very delicious and you have polite staff who serve us well. Congratulations on your business, oppa.” Anne replied back.

“Really thank you. Sorry to say but I need to go. There are still things that I need to finished today. We can catch up next time.” Justin said.

“No need to be sorry. Maybe I can visit you again next time. Thanks, and you may go now, oppa.” Anne replied back.

Justin first bowed to Jaejoong while waves at Anne before leaving the room.

“So who is he?” Jaejoong asked.

“He is my schoolmate back in college. He’s older than me since you know, I was accelerated. He’s the same age with my unnies.” Anne replied back.

“Are you close to him?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Why do you ask, oppa? Are you somehow jealous?” Anne jokingly replied.

“No, I’m just curious.” Jaejoong replied back.

“No need to worry, oppa. You’re still my no. 1 oppa aside from Jerome oppa so no need to be jealous.” Anne said with a smile.

“Let’s go home now.” Jaejoong replied back and Anne nodded in reply.

Author’s Note:

This is the 23rd chapter.

Hoping you’ll like this chapter and feel free to comment 😊

I’m editing the 24th Chapter and hope you look forward to it once I updated it.