Secret No. 2 - Best Lie Wins

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

 

~Last Chapter~

Rae Mi's phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it out to check,

I'm watching you, innocent girl.

-----

Rae Mi quickly put her phone away, making sure Daehyun wouldn't see the text or her small panic attack.

Her brother's friends wouldn't have the balls to pull a prank like that on her.

But who would have texted that?

The person implied that they knew something and if that were true then her secret would get out.

"What's wrong, jagi?" Daehyun asked, tugging her hand gently.

Rae Mi noticed that she had stopped in the middle of the sidewalk right in front of the school gates.

She set her face right and gave Daehyun an assuring smile, "Nothing, oppa. I thought I had forgotten my homework."

Someone behind them scoffed, "You would never forget that. Miss Perfect Grades has a reputation to keep."

Rae Mi turned and saw someone that made her smile, "Byunghun oppa!" She grinned widely, reaching out to give him a hug.

"Hey, best friend." Byunghun said, wrapping his arms around her while giving Daehyun a smirk.

Daehyun clenched his fists in irritation, but knew he could do nothing.

"Why are you at school so early?" Rae Mi asked him.

"I had some errands to run, so I had to wake up early." Byunghun said smoothly.

Daehyun scoffed and rolled his eyes, Rae Mi smiled inwardly.

How well-behaved this boy was.

"Awww.. Maybe I could have helped you, I am always up early." She offered and Daehyun took her back into his arms protectively.

Byunghun chuckled, "Thanks but no thanks, princess. Don't want your man here to get too angry." He gestured at Daehyun who almost gave him a growl.

"See you around if he lets me." Byunghun waved goodbye and Rae Mi pushed Daehyun gently.

"He's my best friend, oppa, don't be so mean to him." She scolded.

"He's mean and irritating. And should keep his hands to himself." Daehyun argued.

Rae Mi gave him the best pout she could make and Daehyun found himself sighing in agreement, "Arasseo, I'll be nice to him."

"Thank you, oppa." Rae Mi kissed his cheek and pulled away until Daehyun stopped her.

"Nuh uh, you owe me a real kiss." He said.

Rae Mi felt her cheeks pink as she stood on her tiptoes and met his lips, but Daehyun didn't let it end there, he wrapped his arms around her and brushed his tongue along her bottom lip.

Rae Mi responded hesitantly as she should have, despite the fact that her body was shouting at her to dominate his tongue.

He explored a little bit until someone cleared their throat behind them.

Rae Mi pulled away first for fear of embarrassment and Daehyun groaned, "So many interruptions." He mumbled.

They turned to see the source of the intrusion and immediately Daehyun stood up straight and respectfully.

"Minhyuk oppa. Early as well?" Rae Mi asked him.

Minhyuk had a playful glint in his eye, "Actually no, you're almost late you know, dongsaeng." He chided as Rae Mi looked at the clock in shock.

She grinned before turning back to Daehyun in shock, "Oppa! You're making me late!" She cried out before she dragged him away.

Daehyun bowed slightly to the group when he got the chance as he followed Rae Mi towards the school building.

"Are you going to tell her that we broke the clock last night?" Jiho asked Minhyuk.

"Nope." Minhyuk answered with a smirk. "I need to torture my baby sister every once in a while, don't you think?" He asked his friends.

"Don't be too mean to her." Taeil warned.

"Making her rush to class instead of letting Daehyun eat her face, yeah, I think I'll pick the first one." Minhyuk said, rolling his eyes.

"Do you think she will ever tell him?" Jiho asked.

Minhyuk shrugged, "Who knows. But that's the one thing about secrets. When more than one person knows, they don't stay a secret forever."


Author's Note:
UPDATE :) WOOT :) I KNOW superrr long time.
Sorry. I got a job and last week I had a killer week.
Then the beginning of this week was my unni's birthday so I had to write 15 oneshots in two days.
I made it to 10... So yeah~ ANYWAY.
Hope you like this update~ Lee Byunghun is none other than L.Joe of Teen Top of course :)
And everyone has a secret of their own ;D