Secret No. 5 - Lee Byunghun Is My Best Friend

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

Class ended and Rae Mi stood up to meet Byunghun for lunch.

"I'll see you after?" Daehyun pouted slightly.

Rae Mi smiled at him, "Of course you will, oppa."

He pecked her lips and spun her around, "Then hurry up and come back to me." He said as she blushed profusely.

Rae Mi would never get used to it, he was always so open about his affections.

Even if her innocence was an act, her blushing was not.

She walked out of the classroom and found purple hair directly at her eye level.

"Hello, best friend." Byunghun greeted her.

"Byunghun oppa." Rae Mi smiled at him before they hugged.

"Let's get lunch and talk." He said, taking her out to his bike, hitting the drive-thru, before ending up back at school with fast food.

"The tree?" He asked her.

"Yes, please." Rae Mi said and they walked to their tree to sit in the shade and eat.

"So are you going to tell me what happened this morning?" Byunghun asked pointedly.

"What happened this morning?" She feigned innocence.

"Don't give me that. I know my best friend and you don't just freeze up at the school gates over nothing." Byunghun raised his eyebrow at her.

Rae Mi sighed, "Okay, well, I got a text. I didn't recognize the number but I think I know who it is." She took out her phone and showed him the text.

"I'm watching you, innocent girl." Byunghun read out loud. "What does that mean?"

"I am not sure, but I think it's for him." She told him.

"But he left you, he left. He chose to go away and leave!" Byunghun said, getting angry. His blood boiled just thinking about it.

If there was one person that he hated the most in the whole world, then it was the guy that left Rae Mi to suffer.

"I know. But I can't tell who it is." Rae Mi said.

"What are you going to do?" Byunghun asked her.

"Wait it out. I don't know who it is. And it's not like I'll find out right now." She answered.

"Did you call the number?" He asked, taking her phone and pushing random buttons.

"No, I don't want to call from my phone. Plus doesn't it say unknown?" She looked over at her screen and she was right.

"You know, everything is trackable in the 21st century." He pointed out.

"Then, you track it. I'm going to wait it out." She said, shrugging.

"I'll let you know what I find, best friend." He said, taking the information down about the time and date of the text.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

"Let's get you back to class." Byunghun said. "Daehyun must be getting impatient."

He grabbed the trash and stood up, throwing it in the trash can.

"He probably is. But it's okay, you're my best friend. And Daehyun doesn't know about him." Rae Mi told him.

"Well, you should tell him." Byunghun said.

"I don't want him to worry. And no one knows what happened. The only ones that know are my brother, his friends and you. Because you were all there." She replied.

"Well, you should tell your boyfriend, you know. He should know." Byunghun urged, as they walked down the hall so he could drop her off at her class.

"All in due time. I don't need him to know yet. He will just want to kill him." She said.

"And I will join him!" Byunghun insisted.

"I will tell him in two weeks." Rae Mi told him.

"You better." Byunghun said giving her one final hug before letting her walk inside to Daehyun.

Daehyun jumped out of his seat before possessively holding her, "How are you?" He asked.

She giggled at him slightly, "Perfectly fine, oppa." She replied.

"Good. Time for class." He sat down in his chair and kept her on his lap until the teacher walked in. He didn't need to worry about her, she didn't want to tell him yet.

Her phone vibrated again and she checked it.

Don't think you can hide from me forever.

She immediately looked out the window and saw a suspicious person outside with their hood up. But the only problem was that his height didn't match his.

So even if that hooded figure outside had sent the text, it wasn't from him.

He had messengers. This was not good, she had to handle this. How could she deal with this, without letting anyone find out..

Now that was the hard part, at least Byunghun knew.

She could take solace in that fact, she wasn't alone.


 

Author's Note:
REPOST... Yeah.. I have a final this week so there won't be new things... Except oneshots.. and that u-kiss story that I'm trying to finish..