Secret No. 19 - Remorse

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

"I said I want to help." He repeated, entering the conversation. His five brothers followed behind him cautiously.

L.Joe glared at him, "You want to help? This is all your fault, you know. If you hadn't abandoned her, then she would be home safe by now." He spat angrily at him.

"Byunghun." Minhyuk said sternly. L.Joe simmered down as Minhyuk intervened. "Why do you think you deserve to help?"

"Because I love her." Daehyun answered.

"That's your only reason?" Minhyuk asked him.

"I abandoned her when she needed me most and I'm not one to care about permission or not." He said remorsefully. "Rae Mi is mine regardless of permission."

Minhyuk eyed him carefully, "Very well. You seem to be remorseful." He said.

"Where did they take her?" Daehyun asked.

"Last year when Yunho had kidnapped her for my father, he had taken her to an abandoned warehouse." Minhyuk said.

"There's so many of those." Bang interjected.

"There's only one in this quadrant." Youngjae commented.

"It wouldn't be in this quadrant, that's too obvious. Yunho isn't stupid. The warehouse is on the other side of town. He would have wanted to make it difficult for any of us to reach there within an hour." Minhyuk reasoned.

"What happened last year exactly?" Daehyun asked.

"Hoya and Rae Mi were in a relationship. Hoya belongs to an old gang that my father managed called Infinite. They were a bit rowdy but knew to obey the rules. He was getting serious about her and they were dating in secret. He asked my father for permission to tell the world Rae Mi was his but my father disliked him. And set up the ultimatum. In order for Hoya to have passed, he should have gone to save Rae Mi no matter what. But he didn't." Minhyuk explained.

"Who saved her last year?" Daehyun questioned.

"We did." Zico said, pointing at everyone including L.Joe. "She had the hardest time trusting anyone after that. Other than us."

"But there was me." Daehyun said.

"We know. That's why we were first surprised about you. But you seemed to have broken her shell somehow. She was happier and you helped change her mindset." Jaehyo replied.

"And you knew that I was a gang member though, just like Hoya was." Daehyun pointed out.

"She knew too. But she never seemed to care. You never acted like it around her, in fact, she said you wanted to keep it a secret from her. If it weren't for the fact that she had been forced to be the face of the organization, then she wouldn't have known you were a gang member." Kyung said.

"Forced?"

"Our father forced her to be the face because he wanted her to have another side to her. He realized that he needed his daughter to help us keep the gangs in line. Men never liked listening to women but with her abilities, she could persuade anyone." Minhyuk answered.

"When did this happen?" Daehyun asked.

"After both our parents passed away, my father needed a successor and my mother refused to talk to him after he decided on Rae Mi. She never wanted Rae Mi to be a part of this life. She actually loved us, especially her." Minhyuk said.

"I understand now." Daehyun nodded, feeling regretful that he hadn't chosen to listen to Rae Mi's side of the story in the first place.

"Don't feel bad, I would have gotten mad about it too. She should have told you like I told her to." Minhyuk assured him.

"Let's go rescue my girl." Daehyun said with fierce determination as all of them jumped into gear and headed for the other side of town.


 

Author's Note:
sooooo Daehyun is back lol. :) hehe :3
And now he knows everything.. :o
So this is my last written chapter.. :o
Now I need to go write some more.
It is coming to an end soon~~ :o

He's wearing a suittttt ohmahgawd.