Secret No. 22 - Finally Some Closure

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

"Took you long enough." Rae Mi said, standing up with her hands free but ankles still connected to the chair. She leaned down and undid the knots herself.

"Sorry, got caught in some traffic along the way." Daehyun grinned at her.

"You?" Hoya said, pointing his finger at Daehyun.

"Yeah, me?" Daehyun replied.

"Him." Hoya looked at Rae Mi.

"Yeah, him." She said. "What of it, Hoya?"

"How did you get free?" He asked her, changing the subject.

She smiled, "Now, now, Hoya. When you figured out that I was Miss Victoria, did you really not consider that I learned a few tricks of my own?" She taunted him. "Besides, I didn't earn my authority through birthright."

"You no longer need people to save you then, is it?" Daehyun playfully.

"I didn't say that. You can't expect me to take on 7 guys on my own, do you?" She replied.

He smiled at her, "Wouldn't make you do that for the world." He held his hand out to her.

She reached out for him when Hoya grabbed her wrist, "You cannot pick him over me." Hoya said.

Rae Mi glared at Hoya before flicking her wrist so she had his arm twisted behind his back. "Watch me, Hoya." She shoved him down to the ground, taking Daehyun's hand and running out of the room.

"Where did you learn to do that, baby?" Daehyun asked.

"Shut up, oppa. I'm still mad at you for abandoning me." She told me as they ran towards the others. The boys were putting up a great fight and they were winning but the Infinite boys were just not willing to give up. Rae Mi and Daehyun stopped in their tracks as the fight blocked their way from reaching Block B.

Hoya scoffed behind them, "They won't give up, just like me." He said.

Rae Mi turned to him, not saying a word before she closed the gap between them. She glared at him, "You stupid fool." She said, whipping her hand across his face before he could react.

He looked at her in shock as she gave him a victorious smile. "I love you." He repeated.

"This again?" She rolled her eyes, "Hoya, if you really loved me then you would want me to be happy. And that's not with you."

"But I didn't mean to leave you behind." He said sadly.

"The past is the past, Hoya. What's done is done. You protected me before, and I truly cared about you but you left me. And I got over you. You should do the same." Rae Mi said.

"Why him then?" Hoya asked her. "Why not me?"

Rae Mi smiled, "Because he came for me even though I've lied to him repeatedly. And even though he didn't hear my side first, I still care about him." She answered.

Hoya looked sullen, but he nodded. "I understand." He said.

She turned around and looked at the boys still fighting, "Yah! Attention!" She commanded with authority.

Block B stopped talking amongst themselves and faced her, hands behind their back, heads bowed down. L.Joe and the rest of the B.A.P. members did the same. The Infinite boys looked at her in shock, "Relax." She ordered, walking towards them.

All of her gang members relaxed and they smiled at her, she walked by Sunggyu with a smirk. "Hoya has given up and I think you should too. You are welcome to join ranks with my family's organization again, but however you will start from the bottom. You are to respect the secret that everyone in this warehouse currently knows and you will never disobey any of my rules or else effective punishment will be given. Do you accept these terms?" She proposed to him.

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at her, "How dare you--"

"Hyung, I want to do it." Hoya interrupted.

Sunggyu turned to him, "Hoya."

"Hyung, I want to be here. I want to stay." He repeated.

"But, they're going to be..." Sunggyu started.

Hoya shook his head, "It's okay. I will be fine. I just want to stay here." He said.

Daehyun grabbed Rae Mi possessively and held her in his arms, she didn't refused but she was definitely still a bit ticked at his attitude earlier. 

"Don't let her go." Hoya warned her, "I'll be waiting."

"Never again." Daehyun said, "Don't hold your breath."

"Let's get outta here." L.Joe said, stretching his body out from fighting earlier. "I got a girl to get back to."

"Jihye must be worried about you." Rae Mi smiled at him. 

"You bet, she didn't want me going after the gunman at school." L.Joe told her. He glared at Hoya and the others, "You endangered the life of my girlfriend with your stupid plan, you know."

"It was a bubble gun. But not our idea." L rebutted.

"You didn't argue against the idea of the gunman. Mass panic is the cause of most deaths you know." L.Joe spat at him.

Rae Mi threw him a look and he calmed, "Rules are rules. Since you are now under me, you will go to the academy and clean up whatever mess Changmin made. Also, Yunho and Changmin are to leave. And never return, I don't want them." She told Infinite.

"Understood." Hoya said and bowed his head. The others followed his actions reluctantly.

"Good. Now, I attend school so I have homework to do. You will report to me every Wednesday night at my warehouse. If you need help finding it, ask one of the rookies to help you." She said, walking away. "Goodbye, Infinite." She waved at them, taking Daehyun's hand and jumping on the back of his bike. Their engines signaled their departure and left them behind.

"She's changed a lot." Sunggyu commented.

"Yeah. She doesn't need someone like me anymore." Hoya said.


 

Author's Note:
update :) lol. so no physical fight between daehyun and hoya... LOL.
do you want one though? :o idk if this was anti-climactic.. T-T it probably was.. :o
but I mean I could make daehyun and hoya fight lol... XD
enjoy ^^V