Secret No. 11 - The Simple Comfort of a Hug

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

Minhyuk fell asleep as the sun started to creep up on the horizon, right when Rae Mi started to wake up on her own.

She smiled when she noticed Minhyuk was lying next to her on her bed. "Thanks, oppa." She whispered softly before covering him with her blanket.

She could always count on him to be there for her, unlike some people. She recalled the memory that had hit her last night as a nightmare. The man was so scary, he had all the answers and yet told her nothing.

She wanted to know more but he always refused. Not to mention, she wanted to be rescued by him, that's why she waited.

Waited for nothing, he didn't even show up. Minhyuk oppa had attacked the warehouse with the others to rescue her.

When she was back at the house, she found out that they had packed up right after she was kidnapped. As if she wasn't important to him. And it didn't matter that she was kidnapped by someone.

She sighed, all these memories were coming back at a horrible time, right when she was finally happy with the world again. It had to come and throw all of this back in her face.

"Good morning." A deep voice greeted her, interrupting her thoughts.

She glanced up and saw Jaehyo smiling at her.

"What are you doing up so early, Jaehyo oppa?" She asked him.

"We all woke up when you had the nightmare so nobody is awake to make breakfast right?" He said to her, taking the pan and putting in over the stove.

"I can do it." She said, "You can go back to sleep Jaehyo oppa. I'm sorry for waking you up." 

He smiled at her, "Sit." He said sternly. "It's perfectly fine. A lot of things has been happening lately so I understand why you had the nightmare again."

Rae Mi bit her lip before sitting in the chair in defeat. "He was back and just attacking my dreams, the memories came back of that time." She said softly.

Jaehyo turned to her and gave her a soft smile, "I know. It's because that stupid guy is back. But don't worry about it. Minhyuk is always there for you." He assured her, fixing the omelette he made.

"I think Daehyun oppa is better too." She said.

Jaehyo served the ham & cheese omelette on her plate before starting to toast the bread. "I think he is too." He told her. 

"I still haven't told him about me, you know." Rae Mi mumbled.

"You want to?" He asked.

She nodded, "I feel bad for lying to him and plus I would rather tell him myself instead of have him find out." She replied.

"You could tell him today. We're gonna have Teen Top watch over you today. I think the others want to catch up on sleep." Jaehyo said.

"I feel bad." She had one bite of the omelette while pouting. It was good, Jaehyo always knew how she liked her breakfast even though he only cooked for her sometimes.

"Don't. It's not your fault. It's his fault. Besides, this gives you a chance to tell Daehyun while we're not there. And we can test Teen Top at their ability to protect you from people like Sunhwa." Jaehyo reasoned.

Rae Mi nodded, "Arasseo." She finished the rest of the omelette quickly, put jelly on her toast and stuffed . She muttered thank you with full before rushing upstairs to get ready.

Jaehyo chuckled while shaking his head, he took the plate to the sink and started washing, "This girl."

She was ready quickly and walked outside to find Daehyun waiting for her.

"Good morning, beautiful." He greeted her.

"Good morning, oppa." She replied.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

She shook her head, "I had a nightmare." She answered.

Daehyun pulled her in for a tight hug, "Did it scare you? I wish I was there to comfort you." He whispered in her ear.

Rae Mi wrapped her arms around him tentatively, "I feel better already." She said.

"You should tell me next time. I'm just a phone call away." He told her.

"It was early in the morning." She mumbled, "I woke up Minhyuk oppa and all the others because of it. They're going to ditch school today."

"They are?" Daehyun asked her.

"Yup. So you have to protect me today, okay oppa?" She looked up from the hug and into his eyes.

He smiled at her, "Of course I will." He vowed. "Anything for you."

Rae Mi smiled back at him as her heart filled with warmth, "We should head to school." She said.

He pulled away and grabbed onto her hand, "Let's go."

They walked side by side down the sidewalk, passing all the houses and talking.

"Will you tell me about the nightmare?" He asked her randomly.

Rae Mi bit her lip, "It was a memory." She said simply.

"A memory?" He asked.

She nodded, "Something that happened in the past that is coming back to haunt me." She muttered quietly.

"Will it cause you any danger?" He questioned, his grip on her hand got slightly tighter as he grew more protective.

"I don't know yet." She answered.

"What do you mean?"

She sighed, "It's possible that it is literally coming back to haunt me. But at the same time, nothing has happened. So I can't really say what is going to happen in the future." She explained.

"And your gut feeling?" He asked.

She looked at him and saw the look of fierce determination in his eyes. She could trust him to protect her, "Then yes, I think it will cause me danger." She said.

"Who? What? Tell me so I can protect you." He demanded.

"It's a long story, oppa. And takes a lot more than just the nightmare." She replied.

"I have time." He told her.

"I'll tell you at recess, I promise." She promised with a smile on her face.

"I will hold you to that." He warned her, a serious expression gracing his features.

She laughed, "We sit next to each other in class. I am sure you will." 

He started to laugh as well, "Okay, let's go in then." He took her hand and they moved towards their desk together.


 

Author's Note:
Another update :) hehe :3
Enjoy ^^