Secret No. 10 - Nightmare

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

"Has anything happened since we found out he's back?" Ji Hoon asked her.

Rae Mi bit her lip but she decided to answer, it was her brothers after all, they supported her through everything.

"I got two text messages before we found out he was back. At first, I could only guess that they were from him. But now we know for sure." Rae Mi told him.

"Two text messages?" Kyung asked.

Rae Mi pulled her phone out of her pocket and pressed the appropriate buttons to find the messages.

"I'm watching you innocent girl. And don't think you can hide from me forever." She said, holding it out for them to see.

"They don't sound like they're from the same person." Kyung told her.

"I know the first one is him, for sure." Rae Mi told him.

"The second one sounds like it could be you know who." Kyung said.

"No way. He's not back too is he?" She asked.

"We don't know he doesn't leave clues." Ji Hoon answered.

Rae Mi sighed sadly, "This means that I have to watch my back more now. Because if he's back too, then he will find me. He always knew how and always will." She said.

They approached the house quickly and they barely noticed that they were almost there. The three of them walked together into the house, locking the gates and door behind them.

"You should get ready to go to bed." Kyung told her.

"I know. There's still school tomorrow." Rae Mi yawned, stretching out her arms. "I'll be on my way then." She said.

Ji Hoon headed upstairs first before she could get there and came back down quickly, "All good." He said.

"Thanks, Ji Hoon." She smiled at him and took her time going up the stairs to grab her clothes and take a shower.

The two boys sat at the kitchen table, with a couple of glasses in front of them.

"Do you really think he'll come back for her?" Ji Hoon asked Kyung.

Kyung sighed, "To be honest, I do." He rubbed his temples forcefully, trying to dismiss the headache that was coming.

"Why? He knows he didn't save her and everyone knows it was his fault with what happened to her." Ji Hoon said.

"That doesn't mean he doesn't still love her." Kyung replied.

"How can he even think that he deserves after the he put her through?!" Ji Hoon said angrily, raising his voice at him.

Kyung reached out and grabbed Ji Hoon's wrist, trying to get him to remain calm. "You don't know yet Ji Hoon, but when a guy is in love, they'll do anything for their woman. Even if she doesn't want him anymore." He said sadly.

Rae Mi finished showering and stepped out of the bathroom, going to her own room to grab clothes. The past two days kept replaying in her head.

How she was happy with Daehyun even though she kept assigning his group work. It gave her an excuse to stay away from him so she could play Miss Victoria when she needed to.

But she also remembered the text messages. As well as the past. She knew that it wasn't over, how could it be, after everything that had happened.

There was no closure. Just distance and now the distance was shortened once more.

She had been fine, doing really well. She had found her place in life and wasn't so useless anymore compared to before.

Yet, something still bugged her. She knew that the two people who had texted her. But the feeling was different, he was different.

Things were different now, she had secrets to keep, she had Daehyun to protect.

She let out a tired sigh, before collapsing on her bed. If only she could tell someone, just tell someone about the truth.

Block B was always there for her, but she wanted Daehyun to know. Or someone outside of them to know. Then maybe an outside perspective would help her with the problems.

She debated telling Daehyun, but that meant telling him everything and she didn't need him chasing people down or him mad at her.

Frustrated, she shook her head vigorously before curling up to sleep. The night was still young after all, her brother was still out watching BEAST carry out their punishment.

Her eyes closed and her muscles relaxed as she felt her mind calm a little, just enough to fall asleep. Nothing happened until she found herself falling. She fell into a dream, landing harshly into a chair where her arms were tied behind her back and her ankles were tied to the legs.

"Princess. I see you've woken up." A voice taunted her.

She looked up and saw the smirk she thought she would never have to see again. She glared at him and he just smiled.

"So you know me then." He said.

"What are you even doing?" She asked him.

"Let's just say I'm doing someone a favor." He told her.

"Oh yeah, doesn't seem like anyone needs this favor." She retorted.

He jumped back a little, "Ooh, you're actually really feisty aren't you? Here I thought you were this innocent little thing that didn't know anything." He teased.

"I know enough." She replied.

"I can see that." He smiled, "Very well. I know you can't defend yourself anyway so let's talk." He said, taking out a knife from his pocket.

"Who do you think I'm working for?" He asked her, holding the knife right above her skin, not drawing blood but taunting her.

"Some rival gang that my father pissed off." She answered.

His hand slipped slightly and she felt the blade against her skin but no mark. He chuckled, "Ahhh… You're wrong, princess." He said.

"You're a liar." She countered.

"We shall see about that." He answered, "How long do you think you'll be here for?" 

Rae Mi shrugged, "Until you get the ransom."

She felt the blade hit her skin again and she flinched. "Wrong yet again Princess. You're in here until the week ends. Once that happens, you'll be freed." He told her.

"Why a week?" She asked, feeling blood this time on her bicep.

"I'll be asking the questions, princess." The man said. He changed where he held the blade, instead he pressed it against .

"Now for the final question, what is my name?" He smirked at her.

Rae Mi screamed out in anguish, waking herself from the dreadful memory dream and all the boys fell into her room after pressing against the door.

"What's wrong?" They all asked.

Rae Mi curled herself up into a ball and the tears started to fall. "That nightmare again.." Jiho said with a sigh as he left the room to grab a Hello Kitty doll from his room.

Minhyuk approached her on the bed as he pulled her into his lap, he cradled her in his arms as she cried her heart out.

The others gathered around as well, Jiho came back with a giant Hello Kitty for Rae Mi to hug and hold on to, joining the others.

"You're still safe." Minhyuk said softly to her.

"For now." She replied with a sniffle.

"Whatever it takes, we'll protect you." He vowed.

"No matter what happens." The others added.

She didn't look up and instead continued to cry. They let her cry her eyes out until she ran out of tears and fell back asleep again.

"I'll stay with her. You guys go back to bed." Minhyuk said, lying on her bed next to Rae Mi.

"We're so ditching school tomorrow." Jiho said, stretching his limbs before going along with the others, collapsing on their beds.

Minhyuk looked at his baby sister and brushed her final tear away from her cheek, "I'll protect you."


 

Author's Note:
Wow.. It's been a while again. I'll be here to spam while taking breaks from studying for exams :)
not sure how long this will be.. I'm anticipating 25-30 chapters :o
The ideas have already been linked together I just need to write :)
enjoy ^^