Secret No. 8 - The Missed Graffiti Message

Nothing Is What It Seems

 

As soon as the warehouse emptied itself, Victoria took off her mask and took in a deep breath.

"Feeling tired?" Minhyuk asked her.

"Talking with that piece of plastic covering my mouth is quite irritating." She complained.

"We could get one that doesn't cover your mouth?" He offered and she shook her head.

"No, Minhyuk oppa. It's easier for me to change the way I talk with that plastic over my mouth. I don't want to sound muffled so I know exactly how to speak with it." She told him.

"Very well. Make sure you remember to breathe. And don't talk like that in school, Rae Mi." He reminded her.

"Without the mask, it's difficult to change my voice to exactly what I sound like as Miss Victoria. Besides," She smiles at him and clears .

"Don't you like my voice like this?" She said as she made her voice purposely higher and more cute sounding.

Minhyuk shook his head, "I like you my sister, the way you are." He told her.

Ji Hoon walked up to her with cotton swabs and a mirror, "Thank you, Ji Hoon." She smile at him as she used the swabs to remove the eye makeup she wore for these meetings.

As all of the eyeliner and mascara was wiped off, all the boys watched as she transformed to her innocent self.

"You really do look a lot different with makeup on." Yu Kwon said.

"I'll take that as a good thing since that's what I'm going for." Rae Mi smiled at him before tossing the swabs into the trash can.

She looked in the mirror once more and gently pinched the two blue contacts in her eyes, "How can you do that so easily..." Tae Il commented.

Rae Mi put both of them into the container that Kyung gave her, "It's easy, oppa. Just takes practice." She shrugged before jumping down and grabbing the sweatpants laying on the side for her to change into.

"That short dress is going to get the better of you one day..." Minhyuk warned her.

"But it helps me keep my innocent side hidden. No one would ever think that Little Miss Rae Mi would wear something like that." She replied.

"What is your true self?" Jaehyo asked her.

"A combination of innocence and y. But no one has gotten the chance to see it yet. Only Minhyuk oppa knows my true self." Rae Mi answered.

"Can we check the alleyway tonight instead?" Jiho asked.

Rae Mi shrugged, "It's a little out of the way, so I'll be home, you guys can go." She said, Ji Hoon standing next to her.

"I'll make sure she gets home safe." He said to the rest of them.

"Thanks, maknae." Minhyuk ruffled his hair as the rest of them left to go to the Northeast corner.

Ji Hoon held his arm out for Rae Mi, "Shall we get going?" He asked.

She smiled before taking his arm, "We shall."

The two of them walked together and heading back towards the house, "Do you think he's back?" Ji Hoon asked her softly.

Rae Mi sighed, "I have no idea. But I hope not. He doesn't deserve to be around here, he shouldn't even think about coming back. Everything has changed."

The house grew bigger as they walked closer to it, the front door was close by, but they sat on the stairs for a bit.

"He can't seriously think he can just come back to you, can he?" He said.

Rae Mi shrugged, "You don't know him like I do. He thinks he did nothing wrong." She said before it grew quiet between them.

Thundering footsteps interrupted their silence and they knew the others were coming back.

"What is it? What happened?" Ji Hoon asked, standing up protectively in front of Rae Mi. 

The six other boys crouched over to catch their breaths before Minhyuk stood up and looked at her.

She knew in that moment, that it was not good news.

"He's back."


Author's Note:
Long time no update huh? :)
I'm back! school is done... but soon it'll start up again .... T.T
Enjoy ^^V