The Day

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

Jongin was already in the studio with Jaehwa at dawn. Jaehwa was busy decorating the whole place, while Jongin hanged his masterpiece neatly, and making sure that everything was according to his plan. Feeling satisfied, he helped Jaehwa with the backdrop. He didn’t want to have a normal plain backdrop that’s always used in fashion photo-shoot – he wanted it to be different. He had asked Sehun for some art advices beforehand, and Sehun helped him by giving splendid suggestions.

Few hours later, Sehun, Minjee, Noeul and Eunkyung came. Eunkyung literally had nothing to do with Jongin’s photo-shoot, but she came to give moral support, and, of course, to see her love’s work. None of them knew about their relationship just yet, and Jongin thought he wanted to tell them after the session ended. Minjee was setting up her camera and Jongin helped with the lighting. Sehun and Noeul changed to their attires, and tried to pose according to the theme of the photo-shoot.

Someone from the organizer’s director board is going to judge the session till the end, and that made Jongin panicked even more. Sehun too, was nervous as it’s going to be his first time to model. Eunkyung was worried to see Jongin’s acting so clumsily, so she walked to him, and talked nicely and calmed him down with encouraging words. Jaehwa, on the other hand, kept cheering for Sehun while jumping happily – she’s the happy virus of the family after all. She then cheered for Noeul too as both of the models are someone that is close to her, she loves both of them equally.

Jongin’s session will be after Woori’s, and he’s the last finalist to be judged. Means, the other 4 will be coming and watching the flow of his session too. The sequence started with Kris Wu’s session, followed by Jung Aeri’s, Byun Baekhyun’s, Kang Woori’s and ended with Jongin’s. He watched for their sessions, and was partly amazed at amazing clothing ideas that he never thought of, especially Kris Wu’s. And what amazed him the most that Kris Wu had the smallest amount of helpers as he acted as the model and the designer as well. Baekhyun apparently wow-ed the rest as he got Minyoong from SPARKLE to model for him, and they later learned that Minyoong is Baekhyun’s childhood friend. Jongin felt jealous a bit, as he had always been dreaming for SPARKLE members to model for him, especially Hyori.

It’s finally Jongin’s turn. Eunkyung and Jaehwa stayed in the crowd together with the other finalists, waiting patiently for it to start. Everything went well, and the judge seemed to love Jongin’s works. Sehun modelled like he had been modelling for years. Noeul posed nicely as she’d been used to pose for photo-shoot. Jaehwa cheered silently, as she scared if it’s going to annoy the judge while Eunkyung smiled, a bead of tears was rolling down her cheek as Jongin successfully handled the session without any mistakes.

“You’re Im Jaehwa, right?” Kris suddenly speaks, shocking Jaehwa who’s standing beside him.

“Yes I am. Wow, never expected you’ll remember my name,” she replied.

“That male model, he’s Oh Sehun right? Is this his first time trying to model?” Kris asked, eyes were still glued on the models.

“Yes! It’s his first time ever trying to act in front of the camera. He used to be behind the camera though. He’s good right? Right right right?” Jaehwa childishly asked the question to Kris, who seemed colder.

“Well yes, he is. I’m sure he’ll get more love calls from online malls or magazines for photo-shoot,” he paused, and slowly shifted his glance to Jaehwa. “I’m talking from my professional model side, and based on my experience, yes, he will be a model sooner,” he paused again. “And Jongin’s designs… wow. He’s a genius.”

Jaehwa was laughing at the fact and told Kris how Sehun can be dorky and clumsy, but began to think about Kris’s words. If it’s true, then Sehun’s going to be debuting as one of the ulzzangs as well. She was about to speak more, but everyone started to clap and she realized that Jongin’s session ended already. They were given 30 minutes to rest and change clothes before the result is out.

Jongin, who’s partly nervous, took this opportunity to greet Minyoong of SPARKLE. Though how nervous he is, he couldn’t escape being a fanboy. He bowed to Minyoong, though Minyoong is younger than him.

“Ah oppa! You’re the one that becomes Hyori unnie’s pair before, am I right?” Minyoong’s eyes get widen as she suddenly remembered Jongin’s face. She knew she had seen him somewhere before.

“Aha yes, I did. I never thought you would remember me, I feel so happy now!” Jongin smiled widely, forgetting everything about the competition. Minyoong laughed, seeing Jongin so happy instead of that worried face he’d been wearing when his session started.

“Hyori unnie seems to like you, oppa. She’s been talking about you since that day! Maybe she never found a fanboy like oppa, keke,” Minyoong giggled. “But if you win this competition, would you want us to be your model later?” Minyoong suddenly asked Jongin, which made him trembling in joy.

“O-of course! That’s my dream, to have SPARKLE modelling my designs! If I opened my online mall later, I will absolutely ask SPARKLE to model for me,” Jongin talked so fast, it seemed like he’s rapping. Minyoong laughed again seeing the enthusiastic fanboy being overjoyed about it.

“Our manager oppa said that your designs suit us the most, maybe you can have a talk with him later. Ah, the judge is coming, let’s wait for the result patiently! I hope you win, oppa! I want to model for you,” Minyoong almost whispered as the atmosphere suddenly turned quiet, and Baekhyun who heard the last line, started to poke Minyoong and said she’s unfaithful to her friends.

“First of all, congratulations to all of you for designing all sorts of new design that can’t be seen in the fashion market nowadays. All of you have worked hard to reach to this level,” Mr. Lee paused, he looked at the finalists before continuing, “All of you had given out the best designs, and it’s hard for me to choose the best among 5 of you. But since it’s a competition, we have to choose a winner among the finalists. I’ve discussed with the other directors and came up with this result.”

Jongin was shaking, he felt so nervous and his heart was beating even faster than ever. Baekhyun barely felt nervous, he’s having fun poking his best friend, Minyoong while Kris, he’s as calm as before.

“We’ll be announcing the 3rd place first. 3rd place will win KRW 100,000 and a KRW 50,000 voucher for SPAO. The winner goes to Kang Woori!” Mr. Lee announced, and sound of people cheering and clapping can be heard in the room.

“2nd place will walk away with KRW 300,000 and a KRW 100,000 voucher for SPAO. The winner for 2nd place goes to Kris Wu!” Mr. Lee announced again, and Kris calmly walked to receive the prize and trophy.

“Now, it’s the prize that everyone’s had been anticipating for! 1st place will win a 1-year contact with our company, and also KRW 500,000.” Mr. Lee paused, letting the tension to grow on the other finalists. Jongin had been sweating, he’s shaking so hard that Eunkyung had to calm him down. Baekhyun still had no interest to know the winner, while Aeri kept fanning herself, being so anxious and stressed.

“The winner of this competition goes to Kim Jongin!” Mr. Lee announced, and everyone congratulated Jongin. He was astonished, and couldn’t think of anything. He was brought back to reality when Sehun smacked his back, asking him to step forward and receive the cheque replica. Jongin clumsily stood up and walked towards Mr. Lee. When he took the cheque replica, Mr. Lee was whispering something to him and it made the others felt curious.

“Kkamjong! What did Mr. Lee said to you?” Jaehwa asked, after everything was settled down. “Haha nothing important, he’s just congratulating me.” Jongin replied, though there’s something else that Mr. Lee told him. Minyoong walked to Jongin’s crowd, and mouthed congratulations to him before she left the venue with her manager. Apparently SPARKLE had another schedule after this so she had to leave now.

Kris then came to Jongin, and congratulated him. “I can see your potential to win the first spot, that is why I keep calm just now,” Kris said. Jongin bowed and thanked him, then he walked towards the other finalists with Kris.

*****

That night, Jongin texted Eunkyung, Jaehwa and Sehun, telling something that made their jaws dropped to the floor.

Mr. Lee will be sponsoring for my online mall, and Sehun is chosen as my official model!

The mall will be open next month, please anticipate for it.